TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

I like B&M. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, as they're usually pretty popular rides. Not everything has to be balls to the wall.

Let me learn you something, Junior... Most modern B&M coasters don't share the same bat shit crazy layouts of RMC or some of the forces of Intamin rides, but they're hardly forceless. I know it's a tired debate, but there's something to be said about their reliability, comfort, ability for the average person to re-ride, and aesthetically pleasing structures. Parks seem to love them as well. Fury, Banshee, Diamondback, Afterburn, and the B:TR clones are among my favorite rides.

I'm not sure how you can say that you thought the same about B&M staying consistent with their old aggressive layouts, since I'm pretty sure you were still pissing your pants around the time that they made the transition to less aggressive rides. Just take it down a notch, man.

Last time I got into a debate on this thread, I got called a troll.

Anyways the only really forcefully b@m I've bee on is the batman clones. I've grayed out on them. Both Goliath hypers are great(sfog and la ronde) but aint really very forceful. Still haven't been on nitro, but with my experience the company everyone used to love so much more is just "eh" now.

Can we all just agree on the fact that RMC has managed to do what no other manufacturer has EVER done and that was to produce a REVERSED COBRA ROLL!!?? I NEVER thought I would see anything like that and it looks so damn cool! RMC continues to amaze me at the shit they come up with.

Honestly, that's a stretch, as Maverick's "twisted horseshoe roll" is effectively the same thing, just not as high off of the ground. Rocky Mountain does great work, but honestly, all I see on Twisted Cyclone (and Maverick too) are two corkscrews / zero-Gs separated by an intense turn.

Can we all just agree on the fact that RMC has managed to do what no other manufacturer has EVER done and that was to produce a REVERSED COBRA ROLL!!?? I NEVER thought I would see anything like that and it looks so damn cool! RMC continues to amaze me at the shit they come up with.

Yeah, I'm going with a no on this one. But hey, that's just me!

I too feel like it's a bit of a stretch to try and call this element a Reverse Cobra Roll. I mean, sure it's some what... kind of... not really... but still... similar to a Cobra Roll, but it's basically just two back to back zero-g rolls with a turn between them. . . I feel like a Reverse Cobra Roll is basically just a Batwing.

Though I'll agree with you that it looks cool, and RMC continues to amaze all of us with the things they produce!

Most modern B&M coasters don't share the same bat shit crazy layouts of RMC or some of the forces of Intamin rides, but they're hardly forceless. I know it's a tired debate, but there's something to be said about their reliability, comfort, ability for the average person to re-ride, and aesthetically pleasing structures. Parks seem to love them as well. Fury, Banshee, Diamondback, Afterburn, and the B:TR clones are among my favorite rides.

Agreed. Banshee, Diamondback, Nitro, Silver Bullet, Valravn, and all the NA wing coasters are some of the very best coasters I've been on, yet I've heard several enthusiasts call them "forceless." While not the intensity of Batman or Raptor, they're still really fun. You can do far worse than a B&M, and just about every park's maintenance staff will tell you you can't do any better than them.

First off, I'll never get this attitude of "its not tall/fast/ejector air all the way through, it's just not a good ride". The idea that roller coasters are no good because they aren't ridiculously forceful is dumb. I love intense rides, but I like rides for all kinds of reasons.

Secondly, the idea that an RMC is not going to be as forceful as a B&M is absolutely hilarious. Sure, its pretty obvious that Twisted Cyclone is shorter in length and height than other RMC's, but I certainly recall similar complaints about Kentucky Kingdoms RMC and now everyone talks about how the airtime at the end is painfully intense. Just sayin. Can we ride the ride before we assume what its going to ride like?

I realize how easy it is to criticize this ride being built the same year as Steel Vengeance but anyone that's ridden an RMC and Georgia Cyclone knows how much of a drastic improvement this is going to be. If there's 10 pops of airtime instead of 20, its still gonna be great. Whether you consider it to be a reversed cobra roll of two zero-Gs, its still gonna be great. If there's no third lap, its still gonna be great.

First off, I'll never get this attitude of "its not tall/fast/ejector air all the way through, it's just not a good ride". The idea that roller coasters are no good because they aren't ridiculously forceful is dumb. I love intense rides, but I like rides for all kinds of reasons.

Secondly, the idea that an RMC is not going to be as forceful as a B&M is absolutely hilarious. Sure, its pretty obvious that Twisted Cyclone is shorter in length and height than other RMC's, but I certainly recall similar complaints about Kentucky Kingdoms RMC and now everyone talks about how the airtime at the end is painfully intense. Just sayin. Can we ride the ride before we assume what its going to ride like?

I realize how easy it is to criticize this ride being built the same year as Steel Vengeance but anyone that's ridden an RMC and Georgia Cyclone knows how much of a drastic improvement this is going to be. If there's 10 pops of airtime instead of 20, its still gonna be great. Whether you consider it to be a reversed cobra roll of two zero-Gs, its still gonna be great. If there's no third lap, its still gonna be great.

You just created a straw man. None of us are claiming B@M coasters aren't good. They just aren't as forceful as RMC coasters. Some of us enjoy

of-the wall airtime, especially skinny boys like me. If they don't stable you, you have a lot of room to literally float if you are my size. I have my preferences, but if you are saying B@M is better than RMC, that isn't popular opinion.

You just created a straw man. None of us are claiming B@M coasters aren't good. They just aren't as forceful as RMC coasters. Some of us enjoy

of-the wall airtime, especially skinny boys like me. If they don't stable you, you have a lot of room to literally float if you are my size. I have my preferences, but if you are saying B@M is better than RMC, that isn't popular opinion.

Wow, I honestly don't know how you got any of that from what I posted. Did you actually read what I posted? I never said anything about B&M coasters not being good. I never even alluded to the idea that B&M is better. I was responding to posts like

Im willing to bet many of the B&Ms built in the mid 2000s will be more more forceful than Twisted Cyclone, I can't imagine this RMC having greater forces than say Behemoth, Banshee, or Fury. Hell, I found those three coasters to be miles better than Wicked Cyclone or even Storm Chaser.

and addressing the idea that has permeated this thread and other forums that Twisted Cyclone is somehow a lesser coaster due to its size and length.

Also, I've never had to be stabled at a park, maybe you should quit horsing around.

Wow, I honestly don't know how you got any of that from what I posted. Did you actually read what I posted? I never said anything about B&M coasters not being good. I never even alluded to the idea that B&M is better. I was responding to posts like

Im willing to bet many of the B&Ms built in the mid 2000s will be more more forceful than Twisted Cyclone, I can't imagine this RMC having greater forces than say Behemoth, Banshee, or Fury. Hell, I found those three coasters to be miles better than Wicked Cyclone or even Storm Chaser.

and addressing the idea that has permeated this thread and other forums that Twisted Cyclone is somehow a lesser coaster due to its size and length.

Also, I've never had to be stabled at a park, maybe you should quit horsing around.

May I ask why you are so easily triggered?

Dude, what the f*ck are you even talking about? You gotta be trollin. Your initial response to my post made absolutely no sense so I explained in further detail what I meant. Now I'm triggered for doing so? Try a little harder. I was willing to give you the benefit of a serious response but now I know for sure you're just trollin. Bye.

Dude, what the f*ck are you even talking about? You gotta be trollin. Your initial response to my post made absolutely no sense so I explained in further detail what I meant. Now I'm triggered for doing so? Try a little harder. I was willing to give you the benefit of a serious response but now I know for sure you're just trollin. Bye.

You insulted me. I'm not horsing around. I state my opinion and you come and make an insult. People in this thread are accusing me of being a troll for simply disagreeing with the post elders of this thread. It' s incompetent of you, a grown man, to insult children because you can't handle yourself. When I came to this website, I was looking for friendly people who could handle differing opinions. Instead I was met with a wave of easily offended coaster enthusiast who swear when someone ask them a simple question. Why are you so easily triggered? I guess what i'm trying to ask is, why do you insult people for disagreeing with you. I saw a comment encouraging your insult. WHY can't you just be a like able person? I'm not "trollin" , i'm asking you if you can be more tolerable!

You insulted me. I'm not horsing around. I state my opinion and you come and make an insult. People in this thread are accusing me of being a troll for simply disagreeing with the post elders of this thread. It' s incompetent of you, a grown man, to insult children because you can't handle yourself. When I came to this website, I was looking for friendly people who could handle differing opinions. Instead I was met with a wave of easily offended coaster enthusiast who swear when someone ask them a simple question. Why are you so easily triggered? I guess what i'm trying to ask is, why do you insult people for disagreeing with you. I saw a comment encouraging your insult. WHY can't you just be a like able person? I'm not "trollin" , i'm asking you if you can be more tolerable!

you are coming across 100% as a troll.

and in only 27 posts, you've introduced yourself to this great community and we see you for who you are presenting yourself as.

so, really.. if you have a problem with everyone? the problem is right there in the mirror dude.

Maybe check the attitude a bit, and try to start fresh?

you know, since TPR really is one of the friendliest and best communities of Theme Park enthusiasts on the web?

People in this thread are accusing me of being a troll for simply disagreeing with the post elders of this thread.

No one is accusing you of being a troll because you have a difference of opinion, its HOW you are going about posting those opinions. When someone responds with a legit answer to one of yours posts and you respond asking why they are triggered? That's trolling. When people disagreed with your crack pipe theory of a third lap thats not going to happen, you pull out words like snowflake and ask people if they are triggered. Now you're crying on some "poor me, I had a difference of opinion and no one likes me!" But your posts are there for anyone to see.

It' s incompetent of you, a grown man, to insult children because you can't handle yourself.

You know what? you're right. I often forget there are children on here incapable of participating in adult discussions, and replying in straight forward manner makes me incompetent & unable to handle myself. Huh. That's a new one. I'll try to remember that in the future.

WHY can't you just be a like able person? I'm not "trollin" , i'm asking you if you can be more tolerable!

I'm not here to be likeable, I'm here to talk about rides and coasters. If you don't like me, that's your problem.

You insulted me. I'm not horsing around. I state my opinion and you come and make an insult.

OMG dude. You misspelled "stapled". That's not an insult, it was a joke. About horses. And stables. Because horses go in stables. I'm so so very sorry that you were not gifted with a sense of humor. Please forgive me.

The irony in all of this is how butthurt you're getting over jokes and serious discussion all the while asking if people are snowflakes and why they're triggered.

Cmon-Son.gif.67797ccb7a5a99b3141bc0f51cd5cdb1.gif

People in this thread are accusing me of being a troll for simply disagreeing with the post elders of this thread.

No one is accusing you of being a troll because you have a difference of opinion, its HOW you are going about posting those opinions. When someone responds with a legit answer to one of yours posts and you respond asking why they are triggered? That's trolling. When people disagreed with your crack pipe theory of a third lap thats not going to happen, you pull out words like snowflake and ask people if they are triggered. Now you're crying on some "poor me, I had a difference of opinion and no one likes me!" But your posts are there for anyone to see.

It' s incompetent of you, a grown man, to insult children because you can't handle yourself.

You know what? you're right. I often forget there are children on here incapable of participating in adult discussions, and replying in straight forward manner makes me incompetent & unable to handle myself. Huh. That's a new one. I'll try to remember that in the future.

I"m not here to be likeable, I'm here to talk about rides and coasters. If you don't like me, that's your problem.

You insulted me. I'm not horsing around. I state my opinion and you come and make an insult.

OMG dude. You misspelled "stapled". That's not an insult, it was a joke. About horses. And stables. Because horses go in stables. I'm so so very sorry that you were not gifted with a sense of humor. Please forgive me.

The irony in all of this is how butthurt you're getting over jokes and serious discussion all the while asking if people are snowflakes and why they're triggered.

[attachment=0]Cmon-Son.gif[/attachment]

I think i'm gifted with a sense of humor. The troll comments are unnecessary. I'm aggressive when you are. That's how this works.

I like B&M. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, as they're usually pretty popular rides. Not everything has to be balls to the wall.

Let me learn you something, Junior... Most modern B&M coasters don't share the same bat shit crazy layouts of RMC or some of the forces of Intamin rides, but they're hardly forceless. I know it's a tired debate, but there's something to be said about their reliability, comfort, ability for the average person to re-ride, and aesthetically pleasing structures. Parks seem to love them as well. Fury, Banshee, Diamondback, Afterburn, and the B:TR clones are among my favorite rides.

I'm not sure how you can say that you thought the same about B&M staying consistent with their old aggressive layouts, since I'm pretty sure you were still pissing your pants around the time that they made the transition to less aggressive rides. Just take it down a notch, man.

Well actually, I wasn't pissing my pants when they transitioned to less aggressive rides. I was 9 when I first rode Alpengeist, so I was far from pissing in my pants lol. I'm not at all discrediting their coasters by any means for not being reliable and appealing. After riding Banshee, I personally didn't feel like it was as forceful as what I'm used to with their inverts. I never said it was completely forceless.

WHY can't you just be a like able person? I'm not "trollin" , i'm asking you if you can be more tolerable!

I'm not here to be likeable, I'm here to talk about rides and coasters. If you don't like me, that's your problem.

[attachment=0]Cmon-Son.gif[/attachment]

You know what? I'm doing to stop debating. I detect a mishap in communication here. Your sense of humor comes of as insulting. I guess you are a bunch of DANK old men. That isn't what i expected, so just know that any DANK comments I make, will sound similar to yours. That of a DANK troll. I will continue to be DANK and you will know that it is JusTaJokes. Doesn't that sound nice? never knew i would find DANKERS here.

You know what? I'm doing to stop debating. I detect a mishap in communication here. Your sense of humor comes of as insulting. I guess you are a bunch of DANK old men. That isn't what i expected, so just know that any DANK comments I make, will sound similar to yours. That of a DANK troll. I will continue to be DANK and you will know that it is JusTaJokes. Doesn't that sound nice? never knew i would find DANKERS here.

quoting for Posterity so history shows your fantastic debating skills.

Cries "You insulted me" because he has no sense of humor... then proceeds to insult everyone. [/quoteMy prevoius comment was a white flag. I'm going to mind my DANK businesses, with my DANK friends, in my DANK country. I have to ask. Do you know DANK is is complement for old people who know how to meme. You just got complemented! My biggest mistake on this thread, was assuming you guys don't know dank. I apologize for mistaking your old person DANK humor for insults. I'm going to continue to be DANK on this thread.DANKDANKDANKDANK

My post here was speculating on the forces of Twisted Cyclone based off the B&Ms and RMCs that I have actually ridden, not some BS that I'm pulling out of my butt. Sure I have no idea what Twisted Cyclone will actually ride like, no one does, but I can get a pretty good idea based on how the other 9 RMCs that I've been on ride.