Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 587 - Twisted Cyclone RMC Coaster for 2018 Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby Seddy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:56 pm

I cant wait till the RMC Trucks show up! :br :lover:
20170903_133232.jpg
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby DavidB » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm

boldikus wrote:Just going on the park-released renderings for comparisons sake (only fair since we only have a rendering of the 2018 RMCs):

from drop to brakes
Steel Vengeance - 75 seconds
Lightning Rod (launch included) - 50 seconds
Wicked Cyclone - 50 seconds
Twisted Timbers - 50 seconds
Storm Chaser - 45 seconds
Joker - 40 seconds
Twisted Cyclone - 35 seconds
Outlaw Run - 35 seconds
Goliath - 30 seconds

Compare that to the average duration of (usually) very well-renown coasters, drop to brake:
El Toro - 50 seconds
Phantoms Revenge - 50 seconds
I305 - 45 seconds
Skyrush - 45 seconds
Batman clones - 40 seconds
Megalites - 40 seconds
Nemesis - 40 seconds
Storm Runner (launch to brake) 30 seconds
Dragster (launch to brake) - 17 seconds

Boldikus - Don't go cloudying up this argument with facts! Seriously though...I'm sure the ride will be great. I too enjoy a long ride, but that doesn't really hurt my enjoyment of shorter rides.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nhr.trell » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Does anyone think they will add a launch coaster to the line up sometime soon? Another unique coaster to go with the new rmc will continue to add to the quality of the park. Not saying they have to add a big coaster like KK, but maybe something like Cheetah Hunt at BG-T or Storm Runner... Not too intense but gives a good thrill, especially for the youngsters.

Would have like to see them invest more money into the back of the park instead of just wasting it into Blue Hawk .

Postby Seddy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:21 pm

Im thinking about heading to the park later today but I dont have anyone to go with. :(
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Lotologist492 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:11 pm

nhr.trell wrote:Does anyone think they will add a launch coaster to the line up sometime soon? Another unique coaster to go with the new rmc will continue to add to the quality of the park. Not saying they have to add a big coaster like KK, but maybe something like Cheetah Hunt at BG-T or Storm Runner... Not too intense but gives a good thrill, especially for the youngsters.

Would have like to see them invest more money into the back of the park instead of just wasting it into Blue Hawk .

The closest thing SFoG has had to a launched coaster was Viper (1995-2001), which was a decent but very short ride. After my first rides on Mr Freeze, I have been hoping our park would eventually get a LIM coaster but I have also heard somewhere that the power grid would not allow for it. Not sure if that is true but that is what I heard.

I would not expect to see another coaster added for a few years (after a Hurricane Harbor expansion and hopefully a giant discovery) after our RMC gift next year.

I certainly do not see the improvements to Blue Hawk as a waste. That coaster was nearly unrideable and now it is halfway decent again. If the park would upgrade and rehab all their existing rides, think of how much better it would be. I strongly believe the SF chain is headed down the path of reinvesting in their current attractions, which is not a bad thing at all.

Postby josephcissell » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Like so many of us, I had to stop by the park by yesterday supposedly to process my 2018 pass. Showed up at the park around 4pm, and it was absolutely packed. I got “lucky” finding a spot in the tiny corner section that is on the far east end of the main parking lot, but plenty of cars were hunting for spots with no luck. I’m sure the free admission with a blood donation had a big impact on attendance yesterday, but it was still a little surprising to see it that packed for the first Sunday of Fright Fest. Anyway, I got my pass processed, walked over to Twisted Cyclone for a status update, and headed out. Unfortunately I didn’t see anything new to report. Didn’t see any track on site yet and it looks the same as the photo posted here from about a week ago.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pproteinc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:06 pm

I too arrived around 5pm a day trip from Charlotte and was also astonished at how packed the park was. Almost turned around lol. I was told it was not only the first day of FrightFest which I knew about with the blood drive with free admission and also it was bring a friend for free Day. It was a bit much to say the least but I made thru ok lol.

Now I know SFOG has an issue with wild teens but for Justice League a brand new ride only 5 months old to look like it's been in the park for 10yrs is crazy. This is in the que line.

IMG_7408.JPG

IMG_7409.JPG

IMG_7410.JPG

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:12 pm

^ Oh. Dear. God. That's insane. :(
Bigger is not always better.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby EastCoastKid » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:17 am

That damage to the Justice League queue must be quite recent. I rode it about a month ago and didn't notice anything to that degree. With that being said, I'm not surprised at all that that has happened. Coming from PA and SFGAdv, now living closest to SFOG, the clientele has been... rough recently. Seemingly worse than GADv by a long shot, honestly. Hopefully the park will consider fixing it up. It just looks awful. :|
What is this donkey business?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:23 am

There's been a lot of trouble with people peeling paint on Great Adventure's ride too. People are horrible.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!