TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

And would it make any sense, any, to tear out Cyclone and put in a Joker themed Free Spin in an area nowhere near either of the two DC comics themed areas especially when there's 2 Joker themed rides already? The best place for a Free Spin would probably be where Splashwater Falls is.

And would it make any sense, any, to tear out Cyclone and put in a Joker themed Free Spin in an area nowhere near either of the two DC comics themed areas especially when there's 2 Joker themed rides already? The best place for a Free Spin would probably be where Splashwater Falls is.
I almost posted this exact comment yesterday!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

I think I figured out the teasers it's the five year plan that they say the park is on. last weak it was hurricane harbor 2014 and yesterday it was the joker and Hartley Quinn spinsanity 2015. So next it will have something to do with bug bunny boom town or dc super friends 2016. Last it will be something to do with the justice league.

Wow...I cannot wait to see the next teaser. If it has anything to do with DC Super Friends or Bugs Bunny, you will get the gold star for detective work! I have to believe that in the board room, they know us 'enthusiasts' know good and well what's coming next year but that won't stop them from messing with us a bit!

I think I figured out the teasers it's the five year plan that they say the park is on. last weak it was hurricane harbor 2014 and yesterday it was the joker and Hartley Quinn spinsanity 2015. So next it will have something to do with bug bunny boom town or dc super friends 2016. Last it will be something to do with the justice league.

Wow...I cannot wait to see the next teaser. If it has anything to do with DC Super Friends or Bugs Bunny, you will get the gold star for detective work! I have to believe that in the board room, they know us 'enthusiasts' know good and well what's coming next year but that won't stop them from messing with us a bit!

I don't think you got what they were saying. They were saying the things they were showing in the video are of things they have ALREADY put in the park since 2014; not what is coming.

Well, based on those photos, I'd say "Steel Hurricane" is on it's way. BTW, it took a couple of years to complete Texas Giant's transformation, but Georgia Cyclone doesn't look like it would need that much time. Look for major work to begin soon on your new thrilling RMC attraction! Oh, and congratulations!

I don't think you got what they were saying. They were saying the things they were showing in the video are of things they have ALREADY put in the park since 2014; not what is coming.

Yeah, and I don't think you got what I was saying either...DC Super Friends/Bugs Bunny Boomtown (2016) were next sequentially, after the Joker/HQ/Batman Backwards in 2015, and HH in 2014. Re-read my comment and you'll see I know exactly what was stated.

Oh FFS

Georgia Cyclone

Mean Streak

Hurler

[attachment=0]hurler.jpg[/attachment]

... eyes on the prize people.

But then there's the footers in the background with no markers which means that it looks like all the footers won't be torn down so horray RMC Cyclone is coming. For some weird reason I think the green will either respresent the track color or something to do with the theme but I could be totally wrong about the green part. Hurlers and mean streaks are marked differently in a slightly different color so I hope this turns out to be a very good, intense, compact RMC. Yeah, also to mention the first commet on the page, talking about the teasers about thinking that it started with hurricane harbor, then this, then D.C. Super friends, then Justice League right before the announcement makes total sense, it's just there to throw us off.

Visited park today and not much happening on Cyclone.

First thing, there are 2 cranes still onsite.

The stress or tie cables on the first drop side are removed from the center ties down. They are just hanging down.

They removed 2 small sections of track to let the cranes inside. There is a section of wheels that is sitting on top of the track between the storage shed and station. Also, it appears track has been removed from the station.

RMC? Maybe?

IMG_0221.thumb.JPG.8bbb6a456ff8b6bef116d9ec6d9b8678.JPG

IMG_0222.thumb.JPG.a1b9071aeae47b56e5b318b8ca18fb15.JPG

Track possible removed from station?

IMG_0223.thumb.JPG.1e680bd26403e6014a76e6e2a611282c.JPG

Some sort of wheel assembly

IMG_0224.thumb.JPG.33b3812765b510060018507015139501.JPG

The stress or tie cables on the first drop side are removed from the center ties down. They are just hanging down.

They removed 2 small sections of track to let the cranes inside. There is a section of wheels that is sitting on top of the track between the storage shed and station. Also, it appears track has been removed from the station.

RMC? Maybe?

Thanks for the update!!!!

Also, did anyone check the Cobb country building permits filed over the last few days/months?

I remember Cobb County spilled the beans last year on the Justice League addition. It was funny to see that the county went back and changed it to read "2017 project", but it was tooooo late!

RMC? Maybe?

Yes, this looks like an RMC. If they were tearing this down, it would already be gone. If they are removing track from the station and removing only parts like stress cables and tie cables, then it will almost definitely be an RMC conversion. They need to rework all of the cables plus put all the new steel track in to make it an RMC. I don't think that crane was an RMC one but since this park has the advantage of not getting snow in the winter unlike SFNE they may wait for RMC to come in after August 31st because otherwise people will know what is going on since this is at the front of the park and you can see the layout of it from all different angles inside and outside of the park. It would suck if we had to wait until August 31st- 1st week of September fo RMC crews to show up. This is looking great!

After going to Disney in the spring, I was reminded why they're the best in the business, after visiting Six Flags a couple of times this year. The funniest thing that happened today was while we were waiting in line for the Dahlonega Mine Train.

There was a promo video for the park's food playing in the queue line. My friend and I were laughing about the delicious looking healthy salads they were preparing in the video. Why? Because we had just looked around the entire park for that type of thing to eat! We haven't found a blackened chicken salad, over field greens, with dried cranberries, feta, and bacon bits at our Six Flags yet. The video said it was in our park though?

What we did find was 5 burger places, and 7 places that served: hot dogs/corn dogs, fries/loaded fries, chicken fingers/boneless wings. You get the picture.

I know everyone jokes about the food at SIx Flags, but the park is filled with people and all of the smaller stands are literally closed. Other restaurants (The Former Carrot Club) have been abandoned altogether and replaced with newer stands that have chicken fingers, corn dogs, and you guessed it (stale pretzels).

We literally watched someone take one bite of their pretzel, say "this is stale," and march themselves back to the stand to get their money back. Some days I wish i could just take over the food division. There are plenty of delicious, and EASY things parks can have practically ANYONE make.

At Kennywood, they were dipping, and hand rolling ice cream cones in chocolate, nuts, or sprinkles. It was delicious, and the visual stimulation of the food being made right there was enough advertisement to sell it to anyone walking by. It also wasn't hard to make! At Six flags, you order at a window, someone goes off into another room, and comes back with your microwaved food. See the difference?

Ride improvements, new rides and maintenance need to be a constant thing, but if Six Flags really wanted to make money again they'd think more about the food.

Ride improvements, new rides and maintenance need to be a constant thing, but if Six Flags really wanted to make money again they'd think more about the food.

Actually the Six Flags chain has been posting record profits and in their quarterly reports they attribute much of that to season pass sales and season dining passes.

I do agree the food selection (and especially service) needs vast improvement. The food is not all bad though - the Macho Nacho is actually really good - and you get a lot of food. One of my biggest gripes is the lack of adequate seating at food/bev locations. JB's and Lickskillet pavilion are the only two decent seating areas. Everywhere else you have a dozen or so HUGE tables.

And you're right about all the closed locations. Makes no sense on busy days....

Sfog is my home park and they really need to step up there game by investing in more roller coasters in the park and food as well as the user mention on here in my opinion. It doesn't make since I have to travel to other six flags parks across the US to enjoy new version of roller coasters or rides. I'm on the team for the rmc of ga cyclone but with the second video clip on project 2018 they are throwing me off with those clues in the video especially the spinners. I'm 50/50 because every year of the announcement it's always disappointing news at my park. That's why I'm so confused and don't want to get my hopes up for rmc ga cyclone. As I been doing my research I haven't noticed anything from cobb county community development agency or any permits or etc on sfog for 2018 as a user ask about on here. Some people think 4D free spins is a possibility as well as another user mention 4D track length is 1019ft. So it cant be unless its going to be as long as the track length of the ga cyclone which is 2970 ft. So as i was watching YouTube clips of sixflags 2018 predictions and I came across this video from coaster addicts today 8/23/17 about the latest construction on ga cyclone. It has me guessing and thinking more on rmc or other possibilities. It should be another video from project 2018 tomorrow. Here's the link on YouTube about ga cyclone https://youtu.be/y3Fk56SuCB8. If it's an rmc ga cyclone what stats will be on the new cyclone. As height speed inversions air time and duration.duration . Please give us RMC sfog and stop thinking it's just kiddie land park....

Looking at those pictures, it is just sad how run-down Cyclone got as it aged.

I'd have been perfectly happy with topper track and paint, but I'm hopeful that whatever comes in to replace / renew it will be great.

Hey guys. I'm brand new on her so please be patient. I live on the Space Coast of Florida and have only visited SFOG twice in 44 years. I have been to Great Adventure many many times though. As much as i was hoping they would RMC the Cyclone, I think it may not happen. I might be reading to much into these commercials, but I've noticed a couple of hints with these teasers just like the rest of you, but didn't know if anybody dug a little deeper. First commercial; notice how the person is putting up the signs. When holding the wood for drilling, his 4 fingers are spaced very far apart. Not normally the way one would hold a piece of wood when doing this. Also, there are four signs, clips, etc. Next commercial; shows the spinners on the table. Bobble heads are Batman, Harley Quinn and the Joker. Now, there are already 4D spinners named Batman and the Joker. Also, in Great Adventure, you have Harley Quinn Spinsanity. As much as I hate to say it, I think a 4D spinner may be taking the place of Georgia Cyclone. Maybe the markers that have been painted on Cyclone are the only ones that need to be kept to build the new ride. Just my thoughts. I really hope I'm wrong. I was really looking forward to an RMC Cyclone at SFOG. Best wishes all.

Hey guys. I'm brand new on her so please be patient. I live on the Space Coast of Florida and have only visited SFOG twice in 44 years. I have been to Great Adventure many many times though. As much as i was hoping they would RMC the Cyclone, I think it may not happen. I might be reading to much into these commercials, but I've noticed a couple of hints with these teasers just like the rest of you, but didn't know if anybody dug a little deeper. First commercial; notice how the person is putting up the signs. When holding the wood for drilling, his 4 fingers are spaced very far apart. Not normally the way one would hold a piece of wood when doing this. Also, there are four signs, clips, etc. Next commercial; shows the spinners on the table. Bobble heads are Batman, Harley Quinn and the Joker. Now, there are already 4D spinners named Batman and the Joker. Also, in Great Adventure, you have Harley Quinn Spinsanity. As much as I hate to say it, I think a 4D spinner may be taking the place of Georgia Cyclone. Maybe the markers that have been painted on Cyclone are the only ones that need to be kept to build the new ride. Just my thoughts. I really hope I'm wrong. I was really looking forward to an RMC Cyclone at SFOG. Best wishes all.

If they were going to demolish Georgia Cyclone, they would/could have already started. School has been back in session since the beginning of August and the park has been weekend only operation since. Those teaser videos pretty much have shows what' been added the past several years. I'm pretty confident there will be {RMC GC] next year. Announcement is Thursday so we'll see.

I'm going to the park tomorrow, and I will see the story on Cyclone. Based on the pictures, it looks like an RMC conversion at this point but I have yet to see the construction happening in person. I'm confident in my response that it is an RMC especially considering the fact it's not torn down and it looks like they're not tearing it down anytime soon. Hopefully I can report back with some good news from SFOG.