SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: SFNO/Southern Star Saga Discussion Thread

Postby DANNY ROGERS » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:39 am

IMPOSTER.
PRINCE DESMOND AND I WILL SEE TO IT THAT OUR LARGE DIPPING SLIDE WILL CONQUER YOU :evil:

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:33 am

^Oh no...

In the words of Adam Savage...

"Here comes chaos!" :lmao:
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby danny622 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:32 am

Well we are off to a good start if truth is indeed chaos then this is going to be fun! Oh and by the way I am the real deal not some impostor. (one candle of truth can split the darkness of a lie) So with that Hello Alex sorry if I in some way wronged you, however if you will remember you wanted to be on the blog and I don't recall ever asking your age, if you were just 16 at the time you seemed wise for your years and the blog just like this one is only a place to exchange ideas or ask a question of others. As to what you think of me that is indeed your right however please do get your facts right, the folks from MVR (Martin & Vleminckx) came to the park for an inspection and we did talk and in fact I talked with them at IAAPA about the park again. I have talked to a lot of companies about the rides and Mega Zeph is a major worry and MVR is just one company we are considering. MVR or OD Hopkins Amusement Rides, built the Log Ride and the Shoot the Chute and would be the ones to rebuild it. As Mega Zeph was built by Custom Coaster International (Now out of Business) I have had to look to other companies to do the work and yes MVR was one of them, but not the only one. Mega Zeph will be a major job to repair needing new trains new track and so on. For now we are looking and thinking about what would be the best, as that's all we can do for now.

So on to the next and I love this one!

The question was about investors and the HUD loan? This is a two in one question (answering two of you at the same time LOL)
First of all we were going for "GO ZONE BONDS" to be able to sell them to get the funding needed to rebuild the park. If we had all the investors needed why would we go for the bonds? Answer we don't have all the investors in place (SHOCK) never have had and we have NEVER stated otherwise! We have had some investors and still do but again we must have the park before one of them will put money into the project. (Go Figure) Well lets talk about the day that the State Bond board was meeting. First I was there as was our friends from Nickelodeon as was our investor representative (the person with the $500,000.00 deposit needed for the bonds) The one thing that we did not have was the letter from the city giving us control of the park! Mayor Ray Nagin had told the world that the park was to be a Nickelodeon Park but failed to do the paper work! In short we had no proof that the park would be turned over to us in writing and to this day never have. I made the call to pull back as we were not ready to ask the State for the bonds, having no proof that the park was to be turned over to us! The money was there, the paper work was not and that's the truth. I hope this clears the question up once and for all.

I look forward to your next question, and I hope I have not ruffled your feathers! LOL

As always
Thanks
Danny
SSAI

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby jps294 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Will any of the other coasters will stay?!? If you open the park!
Reside in Austin Texas but attend Mississippi State University during the school year! #HAILSTATE
Coaster Count: 53 (45 Steel, 8 Wood)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:59 pm

Ace Of Spades wrote:^Oh no...

In the words of Adam Savage...

"Here comes chaos!" :lmao:

Am I missing an eyebrow?
Total: 235 | Steel: 179 | Wooden: 56

Last Coaster Ridden: Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point on May 13, 2018.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:53 pm

I made the call to pull back as we were not ready to ask the State for the bonds, having no proof that the park was to be turned over to us! The money was there, the paper work was not and that's the truth. I hope this clears the question up once and for all.

In an Aug. 13 letter supporting the $100 million request, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said the proposal "will return the dormant Six Flags site to commerce and create an entertainment destination in one of the city's most devastated areas.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:31 pm

^Joey - Stop presenting facts!!

:lmao: :lol: :p :Pr :p :lol: :lmao:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby danny622 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:35 pm

To answer your question other then Mega Zeph there are two other steel coaster that will remain both are Vokoma and can be rebuilt with very little problem. Both would get new trains, new control systems as well as all new safety and braking systems and would be state of the art when reopened. There has been talk about redoing Mega Zeph with the new steel rail system as well. And yes before you ask we do have 2 other coasters in mind to bring in. But this may be after the first season depending on the investment we have to work with. The coasters we have in mind are both used but major steel, There is one other coaster left the Muskrat Scrambler (Wild Mouse) built by L&T Systems. This ride is in very poor condition and may need to be removed (replaced) and if so this would be new coaster number 3 (used rebuilt replacement) A water park is planed for the area that the Batman coaster was in and a replacement for the kiddie coaster removed by Six Flags is also planed for the first season.

I hope this answers your question

Thanks
Danny
SSAI

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby danny622 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Jew, to answer what you seem to be asking, I could run for President and say so in public, however if I don't file the required paper work its just talk just like what Mayor Nagin did TALK but never followed through! In government to make it real you must file the paper work and he did not, its just that simple. :roll:

Hope that clears that up.
Thanks
Danny
SSAI

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Just to clarify:

Mayor publicly announces support for redevelopment, writes a letter backing your bond proposal, negotiates a settlement with Six Flags (which was finalized in December of 2009)...and yet somehow, the deal couldn't get done. Yup. It's all the cities fault for publicly supporting the project while waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is in the form of that bond which would have made it worthwhile for them to lease the park to you.

I got news for you: promising to pay for security and a minimum of a $10 million investment in exchange for $1/guest rent is NOT a good deal for the city. If you sent THIS SAME LETTER to Mayor Nagin, it's a damn good thing he didn't sign it.

Speaking of money, how the hell could you not get $500,000 because "the mayor wouldn't sign some paperwork", Yet talk about offering $12.5 million to buy the park only a few months after walking away from the bond proposal?
Last edited by Jew on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:33 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!