SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:45 pm

Homer wrote:If you want the uber hi-res version (over 4000 pixels), click the link below;
http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/katrina/24440676.jpg

That's totally cool! It's better than an actual park map!

I've never been there, what are all the blue canopy looking things?

Chris B

Sexing up the North Pole

Postby Token Yankee Guy » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:59 pm

coasterlover420 wrote:You'd have to drain the entire city to get the park back in operation.

You'd have to do more than drain. They need to drain, clean, sanitize, and remove the dead bodies. It's a terrible site.
"Britain, Britain, Britain, We're open from 9 to 6, monday through saturdays"

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:12 pm

I've never been there, what are all the blue canopy looking things?

IIRC--they are canopies over the walkways, as there are (seriously) about 3 trees in the park, and lots and lots of concrete.

I believe that at one time they were going to incorporate misters in to all of the canopies. That was (obviously) pre-SF.

JJ

Desperate Housewife Who Wants to Live in THIS Castle!

Postby disneygurlz2s » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:29 pm

I totally agree and did not mean to undermind the tremendous loss of life and property by posting the photos. I just thought as a Theme Park Board people would at least be curious to see the pictures.

Oh, no.... I didn't mean it that way, either. Trust me, I am a bit morbid in my fascination with it all....it's just so unbelievable. I really was referring more to the "will they rebuild?" type comments. Of all the things that need to be rebuilt, Six Flags is, I am sure, the least of anyone's concern at this point. However, it is amazing to see any park in the aftermath of a storm or natural disaster. I wasn't offended with the posting of the pics...they are really interesting.

Shari "I must have had angry sounding fingers when I was posting yesterday" Shoufler

OMG! A TALKING MUFFIN!

Postby DATman » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:46 pm

Looking on the bright side, they have one of the only woodies with a splash!

seriously though, this is depressing on a new american level. Worse than last year's hurricane season in florida. But what is up with the people shooting at RESCUE helicopters over at the dome? apparently some idiots don't want to be rescued. To all others though, i apologize for the fact that you have to suffer because some don't wish to be rescued.

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:22 pm

If anyone is out there reading this, can you grab me a new monitor? I'm sure there is a half submerged CompUSA there somewhere.

It's not like CompUSA doesn't have it coming, Pat Robertson told me that god sent the Hurricane to smite overpriced retailers. At least thats what the Unicorn told me.

Nothing wrong with a little looting during a crisis, heck, it worked in LA, twice!!

-Jeezer "Anyone wanna help me carry this B:TR outta here?!" Jooze

Denny Crane!

Postby USCoaster » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:41 pm

Real wrote:
ChrisZer0 wrote:Ive said it time and time again this week..this is what happends when you build your themepark..heck..your city, on swampland.

Come to think of it, Six Flags Atlantis has a nice ring to it...

You mean this is what happens when you build your city and park BELOW sea level NEXT to the ocean?

It works for the Dutch. And Walabi World is below sea level... you can walk to one of the levees from the parking lot. Only reason I know this is Scouts had the World Jamboree on the land around the park in 1995. The lake Goliath wraps around was behind the stage and huge makeshift ampitheatre they set up. Unfortunately, my scoutmaster was a jerk and wouldn't give me permission to go to the park for a day so I had to sit there watching El Condor run all day long.

If they rebuild New Orleans, I think they should bring in a bunch of Dutch engineers to not only rebuild the levees, but to build a barrier system similar to the one they built to reduce the effects of storm surge.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Coasterkid20 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:51 pm

That hurricane has been a complete cotastrophy! Not only has it possibly killed over a thousand people it left Mega Zeph standing! I'm just trying to 'lighten' the mood by saying that the only thing in New Orleans I wished harm to was Mega Zeph and unfortunately it is still intact........

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby 3rdShiftCM » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:17 am

Not to bring everyone down but, did you look at that hi res picture? Look just to the bottom of the park. That has got to be one of the saddest thing's I've have ever seen.

The worst part about this is, it could have all been prevented. Thank's again Mr B.

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:37 am

Good news! Good news folks!

The Vekoma Boomerang is going to be alright! :P

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!