TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Pinfari Coasters

What Do You Think Of Pinfari Coasters?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think Of Pinfari Coasters?

• There Awesome
    • There Okay
    • They Suck

What do you think of Pinfari Coasters? I think there fine but doesn't give out thrills. I am talking about any Pinfari including Looping Pinfaris. Here is the Pinfari Zyklon 64 here where I live. It is called the El Bandito. It is close to 30 years old and has never gotten a paint job. This is the only coaster where I live. How sad.

http://rcdb.com/ig370.htm

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted they're ok. I have only been on a ZL42 (Looping) at Ocean City, NJ. It was a short ride but the drop was ok for a small coaster and the loop was good. What I don't get is why some of their non looping coasters have OSTR's, like the one in Wildwood, NJ

I put that they are 'ok'. The only one I would say that has really beat me up was the RC48 in Wildwood, but then when we went back and rode it last year, it was just fine. *shrug*

Overall, they seem like Galaxi's or Zyklons in that they are fine for fair coasters, seaside parks, small parks, but in no way are they going to make me re-arrange my top 100 coaster list!

IMO, they are a 'filler' ride for a park that needs something somewhat decent, but can't afford one of the 'majors'.

--Robb

Like I said in another thread, I love Pinfari, regardless of the fact that their steel track has been known to crack! I live near two of the best Pinfari's.

First is the Blue Diamond Streak at Blue Diamond Park, in New Castle, Delaware. It's a super-sized Zyklon (Z64) with THREE-CAR TRAINS, which is rare. The first drop in the back seat in postively horrifying.

Second is the ZL42 at Ocean City Pier Rides, in Ocean City, Maryland - dubbed "Looping Star". I love the layout. Oddly enough, the back car is much smoother than the front car. It's pretty too, it has purple track, white supports, and a yellow loop.

ocloopingstar2.jpg.570384fc83cb351493dcdea9a611f90f.jpg

OCMD Looping Star 2

ocloopingstar1.thumb.jpg.9ce06b224941dcd5d3d358f4bc9a88d6.jpg

OCMD Looping Star 1

I rode about 25 Pinfari's (Only 10 big apple's ).

Their rides are so wrong and painfull, they become fun! Especially their looping coasters (Rode 6 of them) are very, very wrong... Loopings with a height of 9 meters, totally messed up corkscrews and stuff like that :shock:

They always mess up the rides in a cool way! Although, it wouldn't be a good thing if there were only Pinfari's in the world...

• 10 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I've ridden a Pinfari Zyklon Looping somewhere in New Jersey many, many years ago. From what I remember, it was exceedingly painful, with awful transitions, terrible banking, and hellish restraints.

As far as I know, Pinfari doesn't do business under that name anymore, if they produce coasters at all these days.

I have ridden 2 Pinfari coasters. Python at Playland's Castaway Cove is a ZL42 and is the worst steel coaster I have ridden. The trains were very uncomfortable and other than the loop, the ride was painful. I am glad it is being replaced with Gale Force. The other Pinfari I have tried is Rollies Coaster at Morey's Piers. It's not horrible but not great either and has unnecessary OTSR's.

I have only ridden one Pinfari coaster, and it was Galaxy at California Traveling Fairs. When I rode in the front seat the ride was great. It was fast, it was not too rough, and there was a pop of ejector air on every hill. However, when I rode in in the second row, the ride had no airtime and it was pretty rough.

• 1 year later...

I have only ridden one and that was way back when I was 9. It was at some parking lot carnival and was also my first real coaster. I was short for my age(and still am short) so thats why my first real coaster wasnt until i was 9. Anyways I do remember enjoying but maybe thats because I didn't know any better. I seen POVS of them before then the drops actually look some what intense and fun for such "small" coasters. If I went to a small park or carnival with one would I go on it? Yes. If its surrounded by bigger coasters maybe not. Of course Im referring to a galaxy styled ones. As for the more modern curved drop ones not sure....who knows maybe they would pack a punch and not be to painful.

I've only ridden some of their zyklon Galaxy coasters. I think they're fine. Nothing special, but they're pretty good for smaller parks.

I think their XP56's look really promising rides, though. Below there's a POV of one in the Philippines, and needless to say, it looks great! Not to mention how smooth it looks! I actually was at that park, but the ride was closed down (Because Tsunami at M&D's exists... )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IzJmrv-3cQ

The RC70 (Tornado at m&d's) though looks awful.

Edited by LeoBruz199

I voted for "They're Awesome" just to be sarcastic but was surprised to find 6 other people that agreed with me.

There are some sick people out there.

I voted for "ok". Rollies Coaster has a few decent drops and the looping model at Seaside was so god awful it was funny.

Edited by Jcoaster

Thanks to growing up going to Morey's I've ridden a handful of Pinfari's as they've had a bunch over the years, and I can't recall a single positive experience on any of them. I rode Rollies Coaster last year for the first time in ages, since I had a wristband the one day, and it was completely forgettable.

• 6 months later...
I voted for "They're Awesome" just to be sarcastic but was surprised to find 6 other people that agreed with me.

I just became #8.

I would drive thousands of miles just to ride a Pinfari Coaster. Kings Dominion used to have one called "THE GALAXI" when they first opened up their doors and I first rode it in 1978, my first visit to the park. If the lines weren't too long I would do marathons on that coaster. I remember other parks having that type of coaster; such as Busch Gardens, Magic Harbor, and Indiana Beach.

But sadly that type of coaster is starting to become an endangered species with two parks that I know still operate a Pinfari coaster: Adventureland U.S.A. in Maryland, and Morey's Pier in New Jersey. Whenever I hear of any park getting rid of their Pinfari coasters I feel like .

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

^Yes, Galaxi is gone from the (now very run-down) Indiana Beach. The air time on that 2nd drop was scary! A nice big single lap bar, high above you... that's the way to do it!

Adventureland in Iowa had one of the larger, 2 or 3 car models a long time ago. I think it was called Super Screamer. The one at Wonderland in Amarillo, TX was fantastic when I was there.

But sadly that type of coaster is starting to become an endangered species with two parks that I know still operate a Pinfari coaster: Adventureland U.S.A. in Maryland, and Morey's Pier in New Jersey.

And I can confirm that its absolutely the worst coaster on any of the three Moreys Piers, and thats saying something.

Also, there are currently 9 operating Pinfari's in North America. Hopefully in a few more years they'll all be gone.