TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Who will break 500 feet?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're currently down in Orlando and this time share salesman we talked to this morning said that Orlando was getting the tallest coaster in the world within the next year or two.

I think he also works part time at the local Dippin' Dots as well so it HAS to be true!

^ I did find it a little interesting that this timeshare salesman did mention that this roller coaster was going to be part of a building with a convention center and restaurant where you take an elevator to the top and ride the coaster down.

It certainly sounded like a PoleR Coaster, but he may have easily read about a proposal in a local newspaper or something. Not really sure where he heard about this information.

^Yeah, that's what I thought too...they'll tell you anything to get you to buy.

Just thought it was interesting that he seemed to know about this "project" even though nothing has been formally announced. Instead of just saying that Florida was getting the tallest roller coaster, he pretty much described the PolerCoaster concept to a tee.

^Ahhh...that would explain it. I knew that they were talking about another PolerCoaster in Florida, but I didn't think that it was definitely going to be Orlando like this guy had stated.

I could see where someone could read an article like that and automatically think that it's going to Orlando when they are comparing it to all the other rides and attractions in that area.

• 2 years later...

Its cool I found this thread! If I had to pick I'd say most likely Intamin or maybe B&M as a second guess. The coaster will most likely be built at Cedar Point as CP is known for record breaking coasters. Since they already have Top Thrill this new 500 foot coaster would be more along the lines of M-force added with many air time hills. It will launch up a normal traditional lift hill like Maverick but much faster. Also it will probably be steeper then M-Force maybe more along the lines as Mavericks drop but much much taller! I noticed this thread had started back in 2005 but still no 500 ft coaster as of yet....I give it another 10 years at least. If lucky maybe less!

. . . The coaster will most likely be built at Cedar Point as CP is known for record breaking coasters.

That's what I use to think too... but turns out its going to Orlando. And it's not going to have a layout any of us expected. . . Nor is it going to take 10 years.

^^Oh yea! I forgot about that one! However I was thinking a traditional straight down drop. But that still looks like its going to be REALLY awesome! Looks like it will be a cool out of control feeling. It looks like a much more giant as well as far better version of one of those old school carnie coasters. I think they are called the Toboggan. Not saying that in a bad way by the way. Im just saying that because it wraps around some for of structure all while going down. The dive loops look epic on that thing. Orlando in general is an awesome place!

I would like to see a hybrid of a polercoaster and a dive coaster that had an actual drop that was a lot closer to its height and a more spread out layout. It would be cool if it had multiple observation decks, one really close to the top of the lift hill where you could watch the reactions of the riders looking down at the mighty first drop.