TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Tripsdrill, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 7th, 2005 - Speed Monster announced (See Below)

November 13th, 2005 - Speed Monster construction photos

April 15th, 2009 - Giant Frisbee being added for 2009

October 4th, 2012 - 3D dark ride coming to Tusenfryd

March 4th, 2015 - Timberliners to run on Thunder Coaster

March 20th, 2015 - Burnout, driving stunt show added for 2015

September 9th - Rapid River announced for 2016

September 1st, 2022 - New inverted coaster announced!

Original Post:

And today it's announced:

Official Homepage

Picture 1

Picture 2

I like the ride, but the name... Come on, Speed Monster? I liked the rumour of Ragnarok better. And it looks like it will be sponsored by Mazda. Damn.[/url]

Awesome now with than and Phantasialand we have two more reasons to go back to Europe! Hopefully between now and 2007 or 2008 there will be even MORE good stuff announced!

--Robb "Who is planning to be in Europe every couple of years." Alvey

Darn it, now it looks like I gotta try to get there next year too. Hopefully I can add it into the England trip, otherwise I'll be taking a weekend flight there The first inversion looks pretty cool, as does its location. The name may sound dumb, but no more so than Kingda Ka, X, Zonga, or Rita.

And the list of new rides for next year continues....

• 2 months later...
I think the ride really looks cool and I really want to ride it. The name has got to be the cheesest name on earth but what can you do.

man so what ?? I don't give a damn, it's just a name ? It's the ride that's important. In the near future probably before christmas I will give you more updates And after christmas probably easter I will also bring you updates. Stay tuned lol 8)

Hmmm, I'm liken der Speed Monster name. It is better than the made up sounds like Kingda Ka and Shiekra, and it is less plain than X or Scream. It looks like it will be fun.

We complain about names, ride them anyway, and we probably couldn't think of better ones, anyways...

Chris B

Humdinger? What's up wit dat?

It is better than the made up sounds like Kingda Ka and Shiekra...

Shiekra isn't made up. It's even on Wikipedia, with a picture (here)!

Anyways.

The layout picture is sort of wierd, and so I'm waiting for a clearer picture, or more construction, to make up my mind. Although, all of these rockets looks good (except the top-hat and bunny-hill only ones.)

As for the name, well, most rollecoasters have awful names! Speed Monster just seems to be a false statement, considering that it's actually pretty average speed for a large steel coaster (100kmph, or about 62mph).