TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tusenfryd Discussion Thread

Where is that list found at ? Nothing on facebook or home site ?

BTW

Nothing for 2018 ?! It's the 30th anniversary next year.. Dissapointing but not suprising.

With Liseberg and their new B&M Dive Coaster there is no reason to visit tusenfryd..

It´s been sent as a newsletter.

Rumor has it to be that tusenfryd is going to invest 70-80M NOK in a new attraction(speedmonster did cost 60M NOK), most likely for 2019 which I guess is for the attraction they sent a questback for.

There still might be a new attraction for 2018, but I would guess a flatride, something that doesn´t take a long time to build.

Thanks for the link, I have provided my feedback. If I were given the choice, I think I would go for a mega/hypercoaster style coaster. Something with a regular lift, open cars, lapbars only and high speed with lots of airtime. If the park decides to go for a looping style coaster, I would love to see them build an inverted coaster.

Now what I'm really curious about is where would the park build a new rollercoaster (if they were to do so). The terrain is obviously a challenge and would make the building of any new coaster more expensive. I wouldn't be surprised if Loopen were to leave the park after operating for 30 years next year, but then again it wouldn't really free up that much space. Does anyone know how much land Tusenfryd owns?

BTW

Nothing for 2018 ?! It's the 30th anniversary next year.. Dissapointing but not suprising.

With Liseberg and their new B&M Dive Coaster there is no reason to visit tusenfryd..

No one will argue that Liseberg is a far, far better park than Tusenfryd, but we have to remember that the parks are operating on different terms. Now don't get me wrong, I think there are plenty of things we can critize Tusenfryd for, my last two visits were both quite terrible, and I can guarantee you that I will be going back to Liseberg before I go back to Tusenfryd again. But on the other than I don't think it's completely fair to constantly compare a park like Tusenfryd to a park that's located right in the middle of a large city where the park is so much more easily accessible for the local population.

As for the anniversary thing, it's been mentioned on these forums over and over that parks will build new rides when it financially makes sense, not because of how old the park is.

^So in which direction would they be able to expand? The south end of the park is very close to a residential area, and it's not that far in the north either. For a noisy attraction such as a rollercoaster I presume this is something that will have to be taken into consideration.

• 2 months later...

For the 2018 season Tusenfryd is jumping on the VR bandwagon and adding VR to Western-Expressen, the parks Vekoma family coaster.

Source (Norwegian):

https://www.oblad.no/tusenfryd/underholdning/vinterbro/tusenfryd-setter-vr-briller-pa-til-30-arsjubileet/s/5-68-370931

Translation (google)

From now on, travelers with Western Express will be equipped with VR glasses that will make the mountain and valley path a completely new twist. VR stands for Virtual Reality, and the glasses show a different reality than the one around the cowboy village at Tusenfryd.

- This is a smaller roller coaster that is family friendly and basically quite kind. When you get the VR glasses and sit in a completely different world, it can be perceived as a bit different. It will be a good trip through mining tunnels, says marketing manager Erik Røhne Andersen.

- Closest to a light version of the famous scene in the Indiana Jones movie The Temple of Doom?

-I just can not say anything about that. We have not finished the movie yet, so I do not know. It is a German company that sits and makes it now. The theme will be into the mountains and through mines, a little reality mixed with imagination. What is special is that movies that you see with the VR glasses are synchronized with the movements in the roller coaster. The world in the VR glasses is 360 degrees, and when you look around you do not see the shines and the hill of Tusenfryd. In addition, you will catch and shoot the monsters that appear, it comes enthusiastically from the marketing manager.

presse-2018-vr-color.thumb.jpg.594d9c3f28d979692596f56b9c45e900.jpg

In other news, Thundercoaster is being renovated for 5 million NOK, which equals to about $640,000. The Burnout Stuntshow will also return for it's fourth consecutive season.

Rode it for the first time last year and it was horrible to be honest.

A very rough and unenjoyable experience, which is a shame because the layout is actually not bad at all, although I prefer a big drop instead of a turning drop following the chain lift. And the second worst thing about this coaster is the operations. With a small queue line (20-30 people ahead of us) it still took SOO long for them to send the train away from the station. It was ridiculous.

I just don't really see a reason for me to go to this place again instead of Liseberg. The park is just miles behind when it comes to the general atmosphere, theming and ride operations. The ticket prices are fairly similar too. Like someone said in a previous post, it may be unfair to compare them because of locations, but it's not far away from the capital city.

Balder > Thundercoaster

Helix > Speedmonster (Although the launch is better on the latter)

A better logflume, and a better collection of flat rides.

This is not meant to bash the park or anything, it's just how I feel about it.

Give TC the RMC treatment and I'm there! Just a renovation, not so sure. But hopefully it will be a smoother experience!

Do we have a time table as to when Thundercoaster will open back up again after the renovation? Will it open for the season when the rest of the park does?

I am planning to visit the park in June and I really don't want to miss out on the credit as it seems like a pretty good layout! For anyone that's been on it, what does Thundercoaster offer in terms of airtime?

Thunder Coaster was one of the best things about Tusenfryd, I remember.

Hope the renovation brings TC back up to what it was like, "way back when".

UK059a_TusenfrydThundercoaster.jpg.c9e6fbbee9485c52f557a765c777d1ab.jpg

I forgot who took this, but THANK YOU! (I'm in the front row there, with the Big Grey Beard) TPR 2006 UK Tour Add-On Park.

• 4 weeks later...
For anyone that has been to Tusenfryd.

I am planning a trip to the park in June and was wondering what reliable forms of public transportation that there are from Oslo to Tusenfryd. I have looked online but I can't find anyone bookable tickets by bus or train.

Thank you.

You can take bus 500 Drøbak to the park it leaves every 30 minutes and there is also an Express line 500X TusenFryd that also leaves every 30 minutes, so there will be a bus every 15 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

Mmmmm, Thundercoaster deserves all the love and attention it can get.

"Main Highlight of the TPR Tours to Tusenfryd." A really great coaster.

868036731_ResizeofIMG_6228a.JPG.97c20d1e4e37e29f7f38c2855685a1a2.JPG

Good times. TPR 2014 Scandi Tour ~ Tusenfryd Park.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news, 1/3 of Thunder Coaster has been retracked now and the retracked part is verry smooth. Within the next two years they are going to retrack the rest of the coaster, so when they are done Thunder Coaster will be one smooth ass Vekoma Woodie

• 2 months later...

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The Norwegian Tv Show Newton did some experiments on the new VR coaster at TusenFryd. @ 2:17 you can see clips from the ride. Steampunk Hunters is one of the better VR coaster and is an great addition to the park. Only downside is the wait time to ride.

• 7 months later...

Great to see Thundercoaster getting some more TLC. Las time I rode it back in 2016 it was not a very pleasant experience. I might stop by this year if I'm in the area. Hopefully Tusenfryd is also improving on their operations, that has for me been the biggest disappointment with the park over the last visits.

Glad to read they're giving some love to Thundercoaster. It was (and still is at this time) one of my fave wooden coasters, on the TPR Scandi Tours back in 2009 and 2014. And during the (quick and intense) Add-On Part of the 2006 UK Tour, too! Great coaster.

UK059a_TusenfrydThundercoaster.jpg.bfef822a8eb861b73ae9d39c25d4afe7.jpg

Me in front on the left, with Peter(?). TPR 2006 UK Add-On Tour. THANK YOU to whoever took this awesome photo, back then!

• 2 weeks later...
Tusenfryd is still improving Thundercoaster. They are now retracking the first drop and the following turn. I believe this is the last section to be retracked and when the ride opens the entire ride has been refurbished It should hopefully ride as good as it did before they got the timberlines

Source

They will do retracking next year aswell.