TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Space Center Bremen" Story!

The "Space Center Bremen" Story:

Do you want to buy this Theme Park?

The Space Center was the biggest indoor Theme Park in Europe, built in a big building, called Space Park Bremen. The Space Park should be a big shopping mall, with a great indoor Theme Park the Space Center. However, the Space Park never opens his doors! Everything is ready for go shopping, light, music, restaurants, and a big parking lot, but there is no shop inside! The operator want to much money for a shop, thats why they didnt find enough prospective customers. Only the Space Center (incl. Europs biggest IMAX 3D cinema), a tenant in the Space Park opened his doors for a year! The Space Center had to close his doors last winter, because The operator doesnt held his promises - open the Space Park! Thats why they had not enough visitors!

I really liked this park, because it was about space flight, and science fiction! It has a lot cool attractions, my favorites were: Gallaxie Express - the first roller coaster with a onboard screen / Space Shot - a Huss Shot'n'Drop Maxi.

The attractions:

- Mission Control

Our attraction Mission Control was developed in association with EADS Space Transportation, the large aerospace company in Bremen. Via monitors, satellite links and interactive terminals, guests will experience the latest news about current and coming expeditions in space directly from the source.

You will feel like a scientist discovering the fascination of space travel like never before. It's a dream comes true, mixing fantasy with reality!

- IMAX Space Center Theater

Wide open eyes stare at a vast screen of 500 sqm which opens to the audience like an imposing starry sky. They see fascinating pictures for example from the International Space Station (ISS), in crystal clear quality, and two- or three-dimensions taking them into weightlessness. You will feel like being right on board, all delivered through the magic of the first IMAX 3-D theater in Northern Germany!

- Destination Moon

What a feeling: standing on the moon with one´s own feet and viewing the spectacular sight of mother earth, hundreds of thousands of kilometers away. Thanks to Destination Moon powered by Langnese, this is now an experience for everyone. From here, the world looks different - everyday problems become inconsequential.

Meanwhile, children are the stars of our Moon Scape powered by Langnese which is, of course, anything but light years away. The Eagle has landed, and kids can investigate and experience it. After an exciting search in our moon maze, little astronauts get the chance to cool down getting delicious Langnese ice-cream.

- Galaxie Express

Hold on tight! With a 550 meter track, the Galaxie Express roller coaster takes you on a breathtaking journey through the mysterious darkness of Space Center. Directly in front of you is an integrated video monitor, which not only multiplies the physical and mental effects, but also artfully manipulates them. Travelling at light speed, you race through a broad expanse of universe, dodge asteroids, and fly through star nebulas into new dimensions.

It's a world premiere and an extreme novelty!

- Robert Rescue

Just Save the Earth!

A mysterious virus has paralyzed all the robots mining precious natural resources on the moon. Everything grinds to a halt until the guests bring help in the hour of need by trying to reboot the moon robots with the help of laser beams.

A magnificent interactive space adventure to experience!!

- Planet Quest

On the futuristic Planet Quest, guests discover deep space in search of new, alien life-forms. No one is able to believe one's eyes, because they will constantly be manipulated, stimulated and irritated by an innovative "viewing-system" incorporating the latest 3D-technology. In an uncanny, tense atmosphere, you move through foreign worlds and experience what no one has seen before.

Off you go - feel the unbelievable!

- Star Trek Bor Encounter

On a futuristic space station, space travellers will experience the phenomenal Star Trek Borg Encounter. Suddenly, guests encounter the mysterious Borg. Right in the middle of an exciting struggle in the latest 4D vision the situation seems to escalate, with a fast escape into an ejection capsule. Then Captain Janeway approaches with spaceship Voyager and beams the crew out of the danger zone. A must-see for all Star Trek fans!

An exclusive in Europe..

- Stargate SG-3000

Everyone knows Stargate SG-1™, the TV series. At Space Center you take part in the world exclusive of Stargate SG-3000™, the unbelievable live adventure. Through the magic gate you step into another dimension of experience. A fantastic race against the viperish Satra begins. Breathless, you chase the key to the Stargate. It's a sensational and intoxicating experience such as the world has never seen before! Unique on earth!

- Space Shot

The countdown has started. Suddenly an immense strength grabs the body and catapults it with 3,5 times one's own weight 60 endless meters straight into the sky, directly next to a full-size model of an Ariane 4 carrier rocket. Together with 27 other "space travelers" you experience weightlessness for a split second before the free fall back to earth begins. Hearts stand still, people are screaming - it's an unbelievable sensation.

Doesnt this sounds good? To bad, this is all closed, and nobody knows whether it opens anytime!

The IMAX cinema is still open, and from time to time I go there to see some movies, my last was StarWars III!

It is so sad to see, everything is empty, and nothing happens! I hope they will reopen the Space Center, and open the Space Park, but I think this is only a DREAM!

The official homepage: http://www.space-center-bremen.de

Here a few picture:

26.jpg.db15f4f3337ba41010b5a6064f5646bf.jpg

the exit

40.jpg.a91fcd33b98c3c490f2f11428f5a2f19.jpg

the Main Street :-)

25.jpg.6e95e457901dcb48fa4db2c050905466.jpg

the Booster of the "Saturn" rocket

34.jpg.891f35ae41affeb48d7889e12f0d28cb.jpg

Stargate SG-3000

33.jpg.5e7c5a3d5a483d78c08c936d4ca6d126.jpg

Star Trek Bor Encounter - main board of the shuttle

32.jpg.551bba809d729cb40284c3ac6273f108.jpg

Star Trek Bor Encounter

31.jpg.12cd70198b4fd6bbb8b5245da22bce24.jpg

Space Shot at night

30.jpg.09aa2277322d16c71617308767219e7b.jpg

Space Shot

29.jpg.77724d1f40bd1c13a8ccf6286388b9ff.jpg

Planet Quest

28.jpg.ceeadec1efbf871a064cf83aefe7e64a.jpg

IMAX Space Center Theater

27.jpg.6f87158c8ba354902ed63e6d3727fdb4.jpg

Galaxie Express

24.jpg.cc891546e3e43a25f4578f23c4e089fe.jpg

the main area

23.jpg.7b51d0dfe0a10e46c32f622007506cd8.jpg

a astronaut

22.jpg.a74aecc0bbfcdb33f86a469f64da6606.jpg

a Borg

21.jpg.671e2635c9bc92c77172b7aaae2980b6.jpg

Space Center entry

37.jpg.0bcce7cbf6fe787b8128281e011d7e97.jpg

the whole area

38.jpg.28e8bf6a285656425674423a767d2658.jpg

Space Park Main entry

39.jpg.d6beccd46ba779f6c271a3bea215107f.jpg

Space Center Bremen

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow!

That's so sad, it looks so futurisic and nice! Any plans to try and find another buyer or something!?

Elissa "Soeren, what is your home park?" Alvey

The Space Center Bremen was my homepark. I had a annual pass, it was a present from the manager!

I pursued the project since the stone setting and got thus a view of everything. At that time I learned to know the manager. Therefore it makes me also so sad, what happend with this project! I really liked the Park, because it was so futurisic, and thats what I like! The movie at the IMAX Theater, about the ISS (International Space Station) was awesome! The images on that big screen, in 3D technology were unbelievable. I visited the Park one or two times a week!

My new homepark is Heide Park, because it is the nearest, and the second on my list! Heide Park is bigger, and have more attractions, but the Space Center was unique on earth!

I have nothing heared about a new buyer, but I hope they will finde someone! It is so sad for the mamager, because it was his baby! He planned it, and found a partner who built it, and now is everything over!

--Sören "I missed SCB so much" Schomburg

Edited by Hattuchili