Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 261 - 2018 Food & Wine OPENING DAY Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:40 pm

^ It seems to me, that the larger and larger each WDW park becomes with attractions, "one-day-per-park" is crazy.
Even going solo that way feels nuts to me. My take on it, is definitely two days per park, with an extra day's visit
to a fave one of the four. Or two. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ It seems to me, that the larger and larger each WDW park becomes with attractions, "one-day-per-park" is crazy.
Even going solo that way feels nuts to me. My take on it, is definitely two days per park, with an extra day's visit
to a fave one of the four. Or two.

Fair argument, but most working people only take a vacation for a single week, meaning five days (MAYBE six or seven) for parks. It's something I'm dealing with in regard to my own trip planning for next year.

This isn't only Disney's problem - because destination theme parks are so huge and expensive now, it's less about -wanting- to stay an extra day to get more out of the park, and more about being forced to stay an extra day so you don't miss anything, because you might not get another chance to go later in your life.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:58 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ It seems to me, that the larger and larger each WDW park becomes with attractions, "one-day-per-park" is crazy.
to a fave one of the four. Or two. :wink:

Tbh, I visit from the UK with huge gaps between visits usually. We go for 2 weeks, we usually spend 1 day in each park:

Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens. Then a second day in Magic Kingdom near the end. That's 10 full days of parks. Then sometimes we'll go to Aquatica as well, and sometimes a second day in Busch Gardens - you quickly eat up a 14 day holiday, and that's more than the average person will want to do on their holiday.

If you spend 2 days per park it would take 18 - 20 days to do them all! Plus there's more to do locally in Orlando/Florida than just the full theme park stuff.

Not sure what i'm going to do if they add more parks or if it becomes impossible to do *most* of a park in one day.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:19 am

A.J. wrote:Fair argument, but most working people only take a vacation for a single week, meaning five days (MAYBE six or seven) for parks. It's something I'm dealing with in regard to my own trip planning for next year.

This isn't only Disney's problem - because destination theme parks are so huge and expensive now, it's less about -wanting- to stay an extra day to get more out of the park, and more about being forced to stay an extra day so you don't miss anything, because you might not get another chance to go later in your life.

That and with Disney (and Universal to some extent) you really get more bang for your buck the longer you stay. The difference between a 4 day park hopper and a 7 day park hopper is like $45 or something, so $45 for 3 more days. My family and I never take full week long vacations, and for Disney park we're close enough that we just do a day here and there, but as they continue to grow and get more expensive we may just have to hold off and do a full 5-6 days on property eventually.

Also to the comments about 1 day not being enough, I'm not entirely sure that's true yet for anywhere except Magic Kingdom. A few weeks ago I went to Epcot on a a busy summer Saturday with my 5 y/o, and in like 4.5 hours we did Frozen, met Ana & Elsa, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Nemo, took a lap around the Showcase, watched the Circle vision movie in China and had lunch in Morocco. She backed out of Mission Space at the pre-show or else we would have gotten on that, and we had a fastpass for a 2nd lap on Test Track but it went down for weather so we left around 1. I mean if we had stayed for 8 more hours we til close we could have easily done all of the rides and and probably most of the shows. Yeah you might not be able to see every single show/exhibit/character but at Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Studios a full 10+ hours day (to me) is enough time to do just about everything.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:53 am

Small update on the Guardians coaster, it looks like the track from Vekoma is inbound based off of these publicly available documents:
https://panjiva.com/Walt-Disney-Imagineering/10302364
The installation permit (click "I Acknowledge" to view the permit):
http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagleweb/downloads/20180406836.pdf?parent=DOC2421S6651
Adena is the company that "installed" Slinky and Saucers at DHS.

We should see the coaster itself go vertical soon.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:31 am

Our favorite time of the year at Epcot... Food & Wine Festival... is BACK August 30th - November 2nd and we can't wait! In fact, Walt Disney World knew we couldn't wait so they invited us out for a preview of some of the new offerings coming to the event this year! Check out some of the photos (especially the food... OMG! THE. FOOD!!!) and videos from this fun sneak peek event!

Good morning from Walt Disney World Epcot! We are here for a preview of this year’s Food & Wine Festival! How many of you are fans of this event?

We arrived at the event venue and were immediately given drinks...

And food!

And dessert!!! This is going to be a great event!

Here is a sample of theee beers you can get at the “Light Lab” from local Florida brewers!

Here's the list of the drinks from Light Lab. Great to see the park featuring local breweries!

Next up trying something new from "Flavors of Fire!"

I love at these events watching them prepare the dishes right in front of you!

This is the Chimichurri Skirt Steak and it has a LOT of flavor! Delicious!!!

Dessert anyone? This is the Chocolate Picante, Bourbon Cheesecake, Pancake Milkshake, and Baileys! Yum!

Here comes lots of food pictures! Get hungry!!!

The above 8 items are all "new" this year! I suggest trying them all! :p

New Epcot Food & Wine Minnie Ears! What do you think? Do you love them?

Here's a look at some of the new merchandise for this year's event.

I always love the trash can salt & pepper shakers!

Nice to see Chef Mickey make a return to some of the merchandise! (Don't worry there is still plenty of Remy and Figment merch, too!)

Speaking of Remy... look who showed up to the preview event!

2018's Epcot Food & Wine Festival starts August 30th and we cannot say enough how much we love and recommend this event!

On a side note, we also spent some time at Epcot hanging out the following day...

Good morning AGAIN from Epcot! Kristen started school today so it’s time to start our “drop the child off at school and run to Epcot for lunch” visits! Our favorite time of year!

Our first food stop today will be in China...

...for some Potstickers! (Bet you didn't see that one coming!) :Pr

Thoughts on the iridescent Minnie ears? Love? Hate? Tell us!

Our next stop on our “dropped the kid off at school and came to Epcot for lunch” tour is Italy!

Some of our all-time favorite restaurants at #WaltDisneyWorld are in Italy ...

Tutto Italia - for some fantastic sit-down Italian Food!

Tutto Gusto - aka the "Wine Bar" where you can get some amazing drinks, cheeses, and small plate entrees.

And of course Via Napoli - One of my top favorite restaurants at Walt Disney World and one of my all-time favorite pizzas!

Today's choice in Italy is Tutto Gusto! It’s the “wine bar” in between Via Napoli and Tutto Italia!

The cheese in here is amazing! As are the pasta dishes! And the atmosphere is some of our favorite! Relaxing and cool! We love it!

Burrata Ravioli and Meatballs Parmesan! So much love on these two plates!

The skyline of Epcot is changing with Guardians of the Galaxy! I love this change and can’t wait for this new attraction to open!

If you're looking for dessert, the ice cream shop or the bakery in France is the place to be!

For those of you wondering... yes there is still plenty of the “retro” #Epcot merchandise still available!

Food & Wine booths are all up around World Showcase! The festival starts August 30th! We can’t wait!

Time to go pick up the child from school thus ending our “parents escape” visit to Epcot! Was a great afternoon! We will be back very soon!

Be sure to comment below!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 am

was following along on Twitter too, and love to see all the pics on one place, so very happy to see this report pop up today!

that Caribbean Jerk Chicken Lolipop looks absolutely incredible, and makes me want to book a trip to Orlando just for Food & Wine this year.

great pics, and looks like y'all had a gorgeous day to enjoy everything as well.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Satans Hockey » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Everything looks so fantastic, those frozen drinks look absolutely awesome. I wish I could sneak in a trip down for this but got too many trips planned at the moment.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 pm

:smile:

All - that - food. :lover:

Great report of your tasting visit, Robb. Yum!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 am

I'm so looking forward to visiting next month. Well, each year, really!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!