Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 239 - Festival of the Arts media day report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:14 pm

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:Dude... I'm actually in the park right now, waiting for the Germany kiosk. Where were you guys?? :omg:

Damn, you should have tweeted at us. We almost never check the forums when we are busy doing a media event, sorry. It's almost exclusively social media for us at those things!

Here's a little video we put together from today. Should have a whole report up soon!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:52 pm

Love the video!!! It was cute and so well done.

And omg everything just looks so good as always. Food & Wine is the best event ever.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 am

^^ Awesome looking food - well done!

Also loved the add-in of Jefferson Airplane, I mean Jefferson Starship, I mean Starship, no I mean Starship featuring Mickey Thomas singing what was once nominated the "worst song of all time". :lol:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:23 am

We hit the Food and Wine Fest on Saturday and I know it was a Saturday, and the first Saturday of the event but man it was crowded, like crowded to the point that we just kinda gave up and said we will try again sometime later this season. Every stand we came to had lines out of the of the extended ques into the pathways and the whole thing felt like a giant cluster. Again maybe it was just a late afternoon rush combined with the first Saturday but I hope the event hasn't reached the point where it's to popular for it's own good ya know.

On the other hand Future World was a bit slow so we still had a pretty solid day. An the diver aqualock water tube thingy was operating in the Seas Pavillion which I haven't seen in years, so that was pretty cool.

image1.JPG

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:We hit the Food and Wine Fest on Saturday and I know it was a Saturday, and the first Saturday of the event but man it was crowded, like crowded to the point that we just kinda gave up and said we will try again sometime later this season. Every stand we came to had lines out of the of the extended ques into the pathways and the whole thing felt like a giant cluster. Again maybe it was just a late afternoon rush combined with the first Saturday but I hope the event hasn't reached the point where it's to popular for it's own good ya know.

Yeah, it was actually just fine on Saturday from about 11am - 4pm. We noticed it started getting REALLY packed when we went to go see Starship. As always, our best advice is to get there early! I don't think we waited more than 5 or 10 minutes for any food lines before 4pm.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:41 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:40 am

^^Interesting that you had that problem. We were at the event hitting up food booths from 1-6pm on that same super busy Saturday and never waited more than 10 minutes. I agree the lines looked scary, pouring outside of the queues, and I was prepared to wait quite a bit but they moved faster than ever before in previous years. Next time, give it a try and wait. I really think they've improved their POS and delivery systems and they go quick.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:42 am

^ That's right! I just remembered we DID wait in lines after Starship! We were in the "Chew" area and there were no lines for any of the food items we bought.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 am.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:09 am

SharkTums wrote:^^Interesting that you had that problem. We were at the event hitting up food booths from 1-6pm on that same super busy Saturday and never waited more than 10 minutes. I agree the lines looked scary, pouring outside of the queues, and I was prepared to wait quite a bit but they moved faster than ever before in previous years. Next time, give it a try and wait. I really think they've improved their POS and delivery systems and they go quick.

Yeah the lines looked intimidating but they probably do go by faster than they look but the front of the showcase was slammed, I don't remember that many booths in the front but it's been a few years since I've been. We were in the park from like 2-6:30 and hit the Showcase around 5 so there might have been a late afternoon rush coming in for the evening or something. We're definitely going to be back at some point and will hit the event earlier in the day, preferably without kids next time!

robbalvey wrote:^ That's right! I just remembered we DID wait in lines after Starship! We were in the "Chew" area and there were no lines for any of the food items we bought.

I saw "The Chew" advertised quite a bit and to be honest I don't have a clue what the heck that is, is it some kinda TV show or something? Never heard of it, but whatever it is the area looked great!

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:43 am

Forgive my ignorance since I have no idea if "WDW News Today" is a reliable source but this is blowing up my news feed today from pages that are generally pretty trustworthy. It's still a rumor, but apparently cast memebers are reporting a January 2017 closing date for Universe of Energy.

If it's true it's hardly a shocking development.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:18 am

^More reliable than some of the Disney Click Bait sites but not the best out there! ;)

Seriously though, like you said, none of this is a surprise including the date. We actually filmed a bit of the ride last week in anticipation of the closing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!