Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 261 - 2018 Food & Wine OPENING DAY Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby michaellynn4 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:33 pm

^ Dude, if I can be cruisin' on a roller coaster while jammin' out to "Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" or "Mr. Blue Sky", that ride would instantly be top 5 for me. :lol:
Last edited by michaellynn4 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:53 pm

coasterbill wrote:I am BEGGING for this coaster to get the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit treatment only theme it to Star-Lord's sh*tty Walkman (or Zune) and make the only options 1970's Cat Stevens and Cheap Trick songs that don't fit the situation at all. Come on Imagineers... make it happen. It would be the most "Guardians of the Galaxy" thing ever. :lol:

Switch Electric Light Orchestra for Cat Stevens, and I agree.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:26 pm

CoasterLover wrote:I dunno, I smell a lot of marketing hype on this one....

First, the quote is "one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters". The "one of" portion leaves a LOT of room for wiggle. The fact that they don't specifically say "the world's longest" and instead say "one of the world's longest" implies that is is not the world's longest, but what does that mean? Top 2? Top 5? Top 10 longest? It really could fall into any of those categories.

Who really cares and why does it even matter?

CoasterLover wrote:Next, they specifically say "enclosed" as opposed to "indoors". Again, this is all marketing, but to me, enclosed implies a coaster that is contained within one building specifically designed to contain that ride and only that ride and essentially nothing else. This would include coasters like Space Mountain, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Flight of Fear, etc. However, in my opinion, this would NOT include indoor roller coasters that are part of a larger covered area such as the coasters in the Mall of America or the West Edmonton Mall. Going to RCDB, if you specifically look for coasters classified as "enclosed" and sort by length, 9 of the top 10 enclosed coasters (by length) are Disney coasters (2. Space Mountain [DL], 3. Space Mountain [TDL], 4. Hyperspace Mountain [HKD], 5. & 6 the two Rock 'n' Roller Coasters, 7. Hyperspace Mountain [DLP], 8. & 9 . Space Mountain [WDW], 10. TRON).

Who really cares and why does any of this even matter?

CoasterLover wrote:As such saying "one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters" could literally just mean "an enclosed coaster of similar length to all the other indoor coasters we have here on property and at Disney parks around the world"...

And if that's the case.... ***GREAT*** because those are some of my favorite rides around the world and I have no reason to bitch, complain, or question it like you are because that sentence alone that you just said would make me excited enough even if it's not the fastest, longest, tallest, partially maybe fully enclosed who knows who cares roller coaster!

I honestly do not understand the need to pick apart *ONE SENTENCE* in an extremely brief announcement teaser that was meant to give little to no details on purpose.

Seriously, the roller coaster nerd syndrome like this just makes me hate roller coaster nerds even more.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Love that they are investing into roller coasters! Quite a hot streak of attractions that WDW has been investing in, very impressive.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 pm

DBJ wrote:Love that they are investing into roller coasters! Quite a hot streak of attractions that WDW has been investing in, very impressive.

Exactly! The fact that WDW would have gotten FOUR new roller coasters from 2014 - 2021 when they got a total of ZERO in those same number of years before hand is amazing! And with one of them being Tron, which we already know is fantastic, the other three could just be "filler" rides (which they are not) and it would still be quite possibly the best additions to WDW ever!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Sounds intriguing as I love me some Epcot - this is just another reason to go back (like I needed one).

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm

One of the trusted insiders mentioned a couple days ago to expect intensity between Big Thunder Mountain and Gringotts. Take what you will from that.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 pm

I’m surprised people are so focused on the worlds longest part. Disney have never really been ones to go for worlds longest or first whatever. Their rides and Ip s basically sell themselves anyway. At the end of the day that worlds longest is pretty much the least interesting bit. Enthusiasts will go because it’s a new Disney ride and the public will be most interested that it’s a marvel/gotg roller coaster.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Garet wrote:At the end of the day that worlds longest is pretty much the least interesting bit.

THIS!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby tanthonyam » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 pm

I'll check back in 2021, until then...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!