Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 256: "Guardians" to be among the longest indoor coasters
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Those Horizons Easter eggs in Mission: Space are pretty great, I like the new preshow videos much more than the original version.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:44 pm

^^You don’t realize how many photos I accumulate between trips that have to be pared down for these reports... 7000 from the Shanghai/Tokyo honeymoon, close to 700 between the dessert party and closing night of Great Movie Ride and another couple hundred from this day that I was at Epcot... Plus a ton of other little visits and trips that I haven’t posted yet (like my Disneyland photos from the D23 Expo trip). Needless to say it takes some time while still juggling all of my other obligations to get these together but I’m glad to see you are enjoying the end result! :p
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:55 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:Ellen's Energy Adventure was another one of those often under-appreciated attractions.

it was just bad. Much like when Busch Gardens Tampa closed Gwazi, the overall quality of attractions at Epcot actually INCREASED when Ellen's closed. Yes, it was that bad.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Dombot wrote:Wow, four months later? How bad is your procrastination Adam?

Please tell the audience when the last time YOU contributed a photo trip report to the forum was...

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Dombot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:44 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Dombot wrote:Wow, four months later? How bad is your procrastination Adam?

Please tell the audience when the last time YOU contributed a photo trip report to the forum was...

...that's fair.
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Is anything being done with the SBNO buildings around Future World (Wonders of Life, Honey I shrunk the Audience, Odyssey)? Was just wondering with them building over older attractions (Maelstrom, Universe of Energy), and them building new structures completely (Ratatouille, Space Station Restaurant), are there plans in place to do anything with these mostly unused spaces? I understand they use these spaces seasonally for a variety of different things, but nothing permanent coming that I've heard.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Dombot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 pm

prospekt88 wrote:Is anything being done with the SBNO buildings around Future World (Wonders of Life, Honey I shrunk the Audience, Odyssey)? Was just wondering with them building over older attractions (Maelstrom, Universe of Energy), and them building new structures completely (Ratatouille, Space Station Restaurant), are there plans in place to do anything with these mostly unused spaces? I understand they use these spaces seasonally for a variety of different things, but nothing permanent coming that I've heard.

I could see WoL being turned into the Space Station restaurant. I'm pretty sure the Magic Eye Theater is being used for the Pixar Short Film Festival, although someone told me that shut down... :?r
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 am

prospekt88 wrote:Is anything being done with the SBNO buildings around Future World (Wonders of Life, Honey I shrunk the Audience, Odyssey)? Was just wondering with them building over older attractions (Maelstrom, Universe of Energy), and them building new structures completely (Ratatouille, Space Station Restaurant), are there plans in place to do anything with these mostly unused spaces? I understand they use these spaces seasonally for a variety of different things, but nothing permanent coming that I've heard.

There aren't really any buildings that are Standing But Not Operating in Future World year round at the moment... Wonders of Life and Odyssey are both used regularly during the park's festivals (Food and Wine, Flower and Garden, Festival of the Arts and Festival of the Holidays) and they are often used as private event spaces. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (the Magic Eye Theater) is now operating daily as the Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival (after its extended run of Captain EO concluded a few years ago).
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CoasterInk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:29 pm

When was the last time spaceship earth got an update? Seemed older and more out of taste than usual when I rode it recently.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:42 am

CoasterInk wrote:When was the last time spaceship earth got an update? Seemed older and more out of taste than usual when I rode it recently.

What was in bad taste about it???

Personally I think Spaceship Earth looks the best it has ever with all the more recently added animatronics and the touch screen ending. Yes, it's been almost ten years, but I think it still holds up.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!