Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 256: "Guardians" to be among the longest indoor coasters
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Honestly I couldn't care less about any "est" stat about the ride. Guardians in DCA is a tremendous improvement on a cheap clone. Can't wait to ride a Guardians coaster in Epcot!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am

The sheer volume of high quality new attractions/lands/shows being added (or in the case of Pandora and others, already added) to WDW over the next several years is really astonishing. I don't know if there has ever been this much quality growth and expansion at the parks all at one time.

The Guardians ride sounds fantastic. One of, if not my favorite, rides at UO is Mummy based on its wonderful blend of dark ride and coaster. I expect something similar (not in actual ride mechanics but in overall spirit) with the Guardians ride.
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Random Blue Sky Request:

Please bring Alice in Wonderland (the original DL attraction) eventually to the UK Pavilion, Disney.
And NOT in the form of a hedge maze, etc. <yawn> A triple threat (3 level) dark ride with a GI-normous hedge
in back of the current pavilion set-up, covering a huge show building. And it could be on a single rail,
for a retro change, instead of new trackless vehicle, etc.

And still, it would be awesome!
:mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby p-sychiatrist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 am

As much as I love that ride I feel like it would be kinda uncreative and backwards to clone a classic Fantasyland ride in Epcot of all places. I like the idea of a trackless Alice In Wonderland ride in the pavillion though. Come to think of it, does WDW have any trackless rides yet?
Also if Guardians has onboard audio ala Rip Ride Rockit and ELO is an option the ride will be perfect!!!
TOP PARKS: Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Island
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, X2, T-Express
TOP DARK RIDES: Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Spider-Man, Haunted Mansion (DL)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby cookiex » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:34 am

p-sychiatrist wrote:Come to think of it, does WDW have any trackless rides yet?

Ratatouille is going to be trackless since it's based on the Paris version.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby trainplane3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:22 am

p-sychiatrist wrote:As much as I love that ride I feel like it would be kinda uncreative and backwards to clone a classic Fantasyland ride in Epcot of all places. I like the idea of a trackless Alice In Wonderland ride in the pavillion though. Come to think of it, does WDW have any trackless rides yet?
Also if Guardians has onboard audio ala Rip Ride Rockit and ELO is an option the ride will be perfect!!!

UK ride is rumored as Mary Poppins currently but it's in flux like Coco to the Mexico pavilion. From the sounds of it, it would be equal to a C ticket. So basically, Alice in DL.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!