Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 264- New Guardians Roller Coaster Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Honestly I couldn't care less about any "est" stat about the ride. Guardians in DCA is a tremendous improvement on a cheap clone. Can't wait to ride a Guardians coaster in Epcot!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am

The sheer volume of high quality new attractions/lands/shows being added (or in the case of Pandora and others, already added) to WDW over the next several years is really astonishing. I don't know if there has ever been this much quality growth and expansion at the parks all at one time.

The Guardians ride sounds fantastic. One of, if not my favorite, rides at UO is Mummy based on its wonderful blend of dark ride and coaster. I expect something similar (not in actual ride mechanics but in overall spirit) with the Guardians ride.
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 pm

Random Blue Sky Request:

Please bring Alice in Wonderland (the original DL attraction) eventually to the UK Pavilion, Disney.
And NOT in the form of a hedge maze, etc. <yawn> A triple threat (3 level) dark ride with a GI-normous hedge
in back of the current pavilion set-up, covering a huge show building. And it could be on a single rail,
for a retro change, instead of new trackless vehicle, etc.

And still, it would be awesome!
:mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby p-sychiatrist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 am

As much as I love that ride I feel like it would be kinda uncreative and backwards to clone a classic Fantasyland ride in Epcot of all places. I like the idea of a trackless Alice In Wonderland ride in the pavillion though. Come to think of it, does WDW have any trackless rides yet?
Also if Guardians has onboard audio ala Rip Ride Rockit and ELO is an option the ride will be perfect!!!
TOP PARKS: Tokyo DisneySea, Knoebels, Disneyland, Holiday World, PortAventura, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
TOP COASTERS: Phantom's Revenge, Phoenix, The Voyage, El Toro, T-Express, X2
TOP DARK RIDES: Journey To The Center of the Earth (TDS), Indiana Jones Adventure (DL), Splash Mountain (TDL), Pirates of the Caribbean (DL), Tower of Terror (WDW), Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (TDS), Spider-Man (IOA), Haunted Mansion (DL & Knoebels)

WORLD'S #1 LOG FLUME ENTHUSIAST

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:34 am

p-sychiatrist wrote:Come to think of it, does WDW have any trackless rides yet?

Ratatouille is going to be trackless since it's based on the Paris version.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:22 am

p-sychiatrist wrote:As much as I love that ride I feel like it would be kinda uncreative and backwards to clone a classic Fantasyland ride in Epcot of all places. I like the idea of a trackless Alice In Wonderland ride in the pavillion though. Come to think of it, does WDW have any trackless rides yet?
Also if Guardians has onboard audio ala Rip Ride Rockit and ELO is an option the ride will be perfect!!!

UK ride is rumored as Mary Poppins currently but it's in flux like Coco to the Mexico pavilion. From the sounds of it, it would be equal to a C ticket. So basically, Alice in DL.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:03 pm

Watched your live stream this morning from Flower and Garden. . and oh my, those Chicken Dumplings from China looked so amazing that I ended up blowing my diet and ordering potstickers from the local Asian restaurant for lunch!

I'm sure they weren't near as good as the one's y'all got.. . but cheating on my "Salad only" day because the Dumplings at EPCOT looked so good?

TOTALLY worth it :)

(and so sorry about the A-holes making idiotic comments.. I was literally dumbfounded by some of the comments, and was actively looking for a way to reply to one of them (the only option visible on my side was "like". . .and I didn't want to do that, or repeat what he said in order to call him out). . . but then you responded perfectly. I really do not know what is wrong with some people :(
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Zero One » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:05 pm

GotG construction. It's going to be hard to hide that building.
B705EEB9-3BF8-4591-B254-143736029696.jpeg
BD786CE3-9579-4616-87A6-DD579925F3C8.jpeg
22B083F4-8179-4547-B75E-A969BEB945D2.jpeg
Orlando Theme Park Photographer | Twitter: @cchard | Instagram: @cchardav | Flickr

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:41 pm

^ Well, besides this show building and the one for Ratatouille, I'm sure Disney has figured out "something".
Could be fake skies, a massive mural or maybe ....smoke & mirrors? :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:19 pm

Took a spin around Epcot today.

Despite the summer weekend crowds, I was able to experience every "rideable" attraction once, and have an enjoyable lunch, in less than seven hours. Two planned FastPasses (Soarin' Around the World and Spaceship Earth), one spontaneous FastPass (Journey Into Imagination), one single rider line (Test Track), one run at rope drop (Frozen Ever After), and the rest standby (Mission Space Green, The Seas, Living with the Land, Gran Fiesta Tour).

I feel like it would be tough for a family to do everything they wanted, including extended shows like the American Adventure, in one day, even if they went at rope drop. I feel like it's going to be even tougher once that Guardians of the Galaxy attraction opens in a few years.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!