TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was The Last Coaster You Rode?

BTW, how crowded was it, there? Just curious.

[Re: PNE Playland] Didn't look or feel crowded at all. However, there were steady ~30 minute queues for Coaster all night; I only remember maybe one or two waits that were even a bit shorter.

^ Cool. Good to know, thanks.

Great new (?) avatar, by the way!

Stark, no colour, a carousel (?), there.

Very nice!

I know Portland had (still has?) a title of the most carousels and merry-go-rounds

in any US city, at one time. That was cool to know. And check up on, through the decades, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Portland had (still has?) a title of the most carousels and merry-go-rounds

in any US city, at one time.

Thanks for mentioning this, but it's completely false now. Currently, there is one wooden carousel in Portland, seasonally operating at Oaks Amusement Park. The "City of Carousels" moniker refers to a time circa 1980s-early 1990s when Portland boasted five operating wooden carousels. The Perron family of collectors operated three of them, and the fifth was the Jantzen Beach carousel (closed and missing from 2012-2017, recently rediscovered, and yet to be rehomed). Things are looking up for carousels in the state, though. Several of note are operating or planned, to eventually comprise the Oregon Trail of Carousels!

^^ Thanks for this. I do remember one or two of them, from my several visits to Portland during the 70s, 80s, and early 90s.

"And now, we return to our regular Last-Coaster-You-Rode programming...."

• 3 weeks later...