Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 517 - Time Traveler announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:01 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March.

I still want to see them make the connection loop between the end of the path by Wildfire, and the end of the path by Powder Keg. #MaybeSomeDay
Bigger is not always better.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby sdcfan88 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:00 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
legoerosion wrote:Now my question is, are they going to expand in the 2019 season? I honestly think they could expand out past Outlaw run, it seems like they could just pave past it and keep building onwards.

Nope, 2019 will be an off year. SDC hasn't had big attractions in back to back years in a long time, and there's no reason to expect it.

They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March. There's no rush to expand, but they will use the land when they're ready.

Probably more towards 2020. I have to say that employee parking lot would be a great plot of land for placing a good old traditional woodie such as a GCI to replace the former OzCat at CC or even a B&M Invert which could either be tied into Firemans Landing or a rethemed Grand Expo.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

sdcfan88 wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
legoerosion wrote:Now my question is, are they going to expand in the 2019 season? I honestly think they could expand out past Outlaw run, it seems like they could just pave past it and keep building onwards.

Nope, 2019 will be an off year. SDC hasn't had big attractions in back to back years in a long time, and there's no reason to expect it.

They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March. There's no rush to expand, but they will use the land when they're ready.

Probably more towards 2020. I have to say that employee parking lot would be a great plot of land for placing a good old traditional woodie such as a GCI to replace the former OzCat at CC or even a B&M Invert which could either be tied into Firemans Landing or a rethemed Grand Expo.

I would love to see a GCI or Gravity Group coaster on that plot of land. Or even a Gerstlauer family coaster similar to Firechaser or a Vekoma suspended family coaster. Though I'd REALLY love to see them put in a Zamperla giant discovery since they don't have many thrilling flat rides.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Crosshairs007 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm surprised nobody mentions this yet, but the trackwork for Time Traveler has been completed.
The Bad One "Crosshairs007"

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 pm

^ :shockr: <omg>
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$$

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:56 am

This ride is simply stunning. Even though it doesn't look like one of the omfg blow your face off insane coasters, it looks like one of the most fun, well rounded coasters built in a while. If you look at it, it has literally everything a steel coaster can possibly have. Vertical drop, inversions, airtime, launches, over banks, swooping turns, spinning vehicles, a great storyline and more than likely some awesome theming in the queue line. It's going to be a purely fun ride that leaves a smile on your face after every ride. That's the kind of experience SDC is all about! It's exciting to hear trackwork is complete and I can't wait to see testing and the interior of the building come to fruition! This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening. That's how excited I am!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby prozach626 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:49 pm

^Take it easy, bro...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm

prozach626 wrote:^Take it easy, bro...

:nina:
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:44 pm

^ Will there be some kind of medic at the station, for when this person takes his first ride on it?

#concerned ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$$

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:07 am

Jaykethekid wrote:This ride is simply stunning. Even though it doesn't look like one of the omfg blow your face off insane coasters, it looks like one of the most fun, well rounded coasters built in a while. If you look at it, it has literally everything a steel coaster can possibly have. Vertical drop, inversions, airtime, launches, over banks, swooping turns, spinning vehicles, a great storyline and more than likely some awesome theming in the queue line. It's going to be a purely fun ride that leaves a smile on your face after every ride. That's the kind of experience SDC is all about! It's exciting to hear trackwork is complete and I can't wait to see testing and the interior of the building come to fruition! This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening. That's how excited I am!

I'll probably skip a day of school to go, too. Lol. I go to Spokane just twenty minutes down the road from SDC.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!