Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 517 - Time Traveler announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby DaveDowning » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:Laff Track is the only Mack ride I've been on that could possibly be used as a measure for this one, and it is stupidly fun.

Thats not a Mack. It's made by Maurer Söhne, which is a completely different company.

Indeed, many Macks do have the reputation of being forceless, even though there are examples that show another face (I'm thinking of Lost Gravity and especially Helix). This ride will be a whole different beast and most likely awesome.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:15 am

Time Traveler is looking great!
20170917_110719.jpg
No more magic shop.
20170917_110736.jpg
No more fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo either.
20170917_110756.jpg
20170917_110807.jpg
20170917_110820.jpg
20170917_110829.jpg
20170917_110854.jpg
20170917_110925.jpg
There's a loopty-loop in them thar trees.
20170917_111112.jpg
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:29 am

^ That's still (to me) an amazing looking building they built for the station and maintenance.....uh.....shed. :wink: Thanks for the update photos, Andrew!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:05 pm

It does look really nice in person. You can see more than in the photos too; a lot of it is hidden behind trees, but the human eye is better at detecting such things than a camera is, so you can see quite a bit more of the track standing right in front of it.

Also, they've already started selling merch.
20170917_140112.jpg
Last edited by ytterbiumanalyst on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:50 pm.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby DavidB » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Looks like it's coming along nicely! The station looks even better with the fresh paint on it. Thanks for the awesome pics!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Woof, not sure how anyone likes that bland suburban color scheme. Obviously it's far from finished with all the aesthetics that I'm sure they'll add, but I don't like the colors. I thought they were going to go with the white and grey paint that they had made a test patch for.

Meh, just add on some cool themeing and I won't care much about paint colors any way.

Oh yeah, I had forgotten that Laff Track was made by MS. Still though, point stands.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby legoerosion » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Went to SDC yesterday, I love it how Time Traveler runs parallel with Thunderation during some sections of it.They were herding us through Wildfire like cattle, though. Powder Keg broke down at around midday, I was glad to at least ride it once. Outlaw run hardly had a wait time when I rode it twice.

Now my question is, are they going to expand in the 2019 season? I honestly think they could expand out past Outlaw run, it seems like they could just pave past it and keep building onwards.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Judging from the recent photos, it looks like the queue line will have a similar set up to Outlaw Run where the trailblazer line is directly to the left of the brake run/transfer track, while the rest of the queue is to the left of the trailblazer line. . . Hey, if it works let them keep using it!!

Loving how this coaster is coming along!! I'm still holding out hope that the spinning will be manageable, but we will never know till it's open!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:36 pm

legoerosion wrote:Now my question is, are they going to expand in the 2019 season? I honestly think they could expand out past Outlaw run, it seems like they could just pave past it and keep building onwards.

Nope, 2019 will be an off year. SDC hasn't had big attractions in back to back years in a long time, and there's no reason to expect it.

They do have several intentional expansion points, including past Outlaw Run, past Powder Keg, and the employee lot next to Elephant March. There's no rush to expand, but they will use the land when they're ready.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Note to self: 2019 is a pretty good 'quiet' year to visit SDC .....and Dollywood. :smile:

But I'm already booked for Knott's and Disney, then. Hmmm. Maybe 2020 perhaps?
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!