Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 599: Duck Boat Accident Discussion
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby TEDodd » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 pm

ElvisLuv wrote:The weather folks around here are typically grads from OU and Miss. St. They are legit not hired faces that read the NWS feed.

Hail State!

Nice to see props for the school here.
Last edited by TEDodd on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:06 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:55 am

Man... I'm not sure how we all ended up so involved in a tornado conversation in the thread where a Mack spinning launched inverted coaster just opened up. I could understand if this were the Worlds of Fun or Valleyfair thread...

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:42 am

TEDodd wrote:
ElvisLuv wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:The weather folks around here are typically grads from OU and Miss. St. They are legit not hired faces that read the NWS feed.

Hail State!

Nice to see props for the school here.

You have misquoted me. I didn't say that.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby humphreyhawk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:48 am

prozach626 wrote:Man... I'm not sure how we all ended up so involved in a tornado conversation in the thread where a Mack spinning launched inverted coaster just opened up. I could understand if this were the Worlds of Fun or Valleyfair thread...

Branson had a twister hit the the main drag just a couple of years ago. SDC was under a tornado warning last week. Branson is right on the outer edge of tornado alley and the area has had its share of history with them....despite any disputes about the hills protecting them.
I do not think it means what you think it means

Postby prozach626 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:28 am

^It was a joke.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 am

prozach626 wrote:^It was a joke.

There's term in Northwest Arkansas that's often joked about called the Fayetteville effect. It doesn't spare Benton much as they have had a few tornados over the years. The old folk will claim it is because it sits on the Northeast corner of the Plateau. Folks point to this for why the Mena AR gets them too. Another undeniable hot spot it between Conway Arkansas and Little Rock. The poor town of Vilonia is cursed with them. I'd never, ever live there.

This tornado was just leaving the relatively flat river valley and entering the Boston Mnt. Section of The Ozarks.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby sublimeairtime » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:02 am

I visited SDC for the first time on Friday, and I can't understand why there isn't more hype for Time Traveler! Back row is an amazing ride, with one of the best first drops out there.

Powder Keg was also a very pleasant surprise!
1) Helix 2) Boulder Dash 3) Maverick 4) Skyrush 5) Wildfire 6) Superman The Ride 7) Wicked Cyclone 8) El Toro 9) Boardwalk Bullet 10) Time Traveler

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 am

prozach626 wrote:Man... I'm not sure how we all ended up so involved in a tornado conversation in the thread where a Mack spinning launched inverted coaster just opened up. I could understand if this were the Worlds of Fun or Valleyfair thread...

:lol:

sublimeairtime wrote:I visited SDC for the first time on Friday, and I can't understand why there isn't more hype for Time Traveler! Back row is an amazing ride, with one of the best first drops out there.

I agree! I think Time Traveler is going to be over-shadowed this year by all the crazy RMCs opening, but I really was blown away by the ride. RMCs are awesome, but you pretty much know what you're getting going into them. I love that Time Traveler gives a unique experience every ride. The experience pretty much had everything I loved about X2 when I first rode it, minus the soundtrack. I try not to mention it much because it's an unpopular opinion, but I really loved X2 for years because of the sideways + diagonal + backwards crazy inversion experience. I also loved the drop and the few pops of airtime that could be taken at just about any angle.

Very underrated ride, and I hope Time Traveler gets the credit it deserves as the season goes on.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm

:angel:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:

:lol:

sublimeairtime wrote:I visited SDC for the first time on Friday, and I can't understand why there isn't more hype for Time Traveler! Back row is an amazing ride, with one of the best first drops out there.

I agree! I think Time Traveler is going to be over-shadowed this year by all the crazy RMCs opening, but I really was blown away by the ride. RMCs are awesome, but you pretty much know what you're getting going into them. I love that Time Traveler gives a unique experience every ride. The experience pretty much had everything I loved about X2 when I first rode it, minus the soundtrack. I try not to mention it much because it's an unpopular opinion, but I really loved X2 for years because of the sideways + diagonal + backwards crazy inversion experience. I also loved the drop and the few pops of airtime that could be taken at just about any angle.

Very underrated ride, and I hope Time Traveler gets the credit it deserves as the season goes on.

Right now SDC is suffering from crappy weekend weather syndrome that's really keeping folks from going to the park. I would like to use this oportunity to say MORE INDOOR RIDES. I'll stop screaming now.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Powder Keg was also a very pleasant surprise!

Glad you enjoyed the park! Powderkeg is a GREAT coaster. Very underrated in my opinion!! As much as you enjoyed Time Traveler, it's got me that much more excited to make a trip back out there!! :br
Bigger is not always better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!