Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

P. 517 - Time Traveler announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Will there be some kind of medic at the station, for when this person takes his first ride on it?

#concerned ;)

No, but if 'it' lasts longer than four hours, he should probably respond to the emergency room.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:28 am

Jaykethekid wrote:...This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening...

Or, just a thought here, but you might want just go on a weekend instead of skipping school to go ride a roller coaster. I mean... #EducationMatters
Bigger is not always better.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 am

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Jaykethekid wrote:...This ride has me very excited and I already know I'm taking a day or two off of school to come to opening...

Or, just a thought here, but you might want just go on a weekend instead of skipping school to go ride a roller coaster. I mean... #EducationMatters

Or, just a thought here, they could be a great student who can prepare for a day or two off in advance and not miss anything of major note?

Sometimes, life is worth living in the moment, and only needs a moment of prep to be perfectly fine. :)

Also, I'm stoked to try this ride eventually but god does my stomach fear it.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:31 am

Ace Of Spades wrote:Or, just a thought here, they could be a great student who can prepare for a day or two off in advance and not miss anything of major note?

That's true. I didn't think of it like that. I was a great student, but lord, if I ever took time off I'd be the end of the world. :lol: my mom would have killed me!!
Bigger is not always better.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Jaykethekid » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Why is it such a sin to be excited for Time Traveler? It's right up my alley. I was just expressing my thoughts on the ride. I think it will be a good ride for the park.
DoinItForTheFame wrote:
Ace Of Spades wrote:Or, just a thought here, they could be a great student who can prepare for a day or two off in advance and not miss anything of major note?

That's true. I didn't think of it like that. I was a great student, but lord, if I ever took time off I'd be the end of the world. :lol: my mom would have killed me!!

Yes I plan ahead for these kind of things. I hope to have a future in the amusement industry, and taking part in things that relate to my interest does me more good than doing differential equations and staring at a history book for an hour. :lmao:

On another, different note, I had a friend who went to the park recently and said that Flooded mine has appeared to have some decent work done to it lately. He said it was in the best condition he's seen it in a very long time. Has anyone noticed anything?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:54 am

Jaykethekid wrote:
On another, different note, I had a friend who went to the park recently and said that Flooded mine has appeared to have some decent work done to it lately. He said it was in the best condition he's seen it in a very long time. Has anyone noticed anything?

There are a few very dedicated individuals that have been trying their hardest to keep the ride looking as nice as possible for it's 50th season. It's extremely hard to keep it going these days since what it really needs is an entirely new gun system, but the park doesn't seem to think the expense will pay off. Not sure what is going to happen in the next few years, but the ride does have a cult following.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Had a great day at SDC. Very minimal attendance today, everything's a walk-on except Powder Keg, which had a whopping wait of 3 cycles. Flooded Mine was looking and running great!
20171001_153228.jpg
Something new in the old magic box location.
20171001_155140.jpg
20171001_155232.jpg
20171001_155319.jpg
20171001_155334.jpg
The top hat. Now that it's fall, you can see it a bit more clearly through the trees.
20171001_155416.jpg
Some catwalk is up on the brake run, but there's still more to go.
20171001_155548.jpg
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:45 pm

:lover: Damn I love those new coaster station shots! With the actual endpoint of the track curling around,
back into the station. The views of those on it coming back, is going to be awesome, I bet! :wink:

Thanks for the new photos, Andrew! :airtime:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Ace Of Spades wrote:...Sometimes, life is worth living in the moment, and only needs a moment of prep to be perfectly fine...

I'll give him that. I had skipped a few math classes of my own choosing, because I was excellent at math, and could easily skip a few classes,
then catch up in one hour. Or less. It's true! But I ONLY skipped a few times in the whole semester. Not that often, really.

That said, I wish I had a coaster opening to go to, instead of skipping a class (back then) to just enjoy the day, that day. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby sdcfan88 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Went to the park over the weekend, without being redundant since everyone has pretty much covered the station area and entrance work, I went ahead and got more photos of the layout as seen from the Culinary School. You can see the overbanked turns, inversions, and the launches thru the trees.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!