Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 267 - Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:25 pm

Looking at going to HHN on October 11th, it'll be my first time! I'm looking at the day/night express ticket and wondering if it's likely to sell out? If so, when?
Signature?!?!?! What the hell am I buying?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:08 am

Lucas The Drummer wrote:Looking at going to HHN on October 11th, it'll be my first time! I'm looking at the day/night express ticket and wondering if it's likely to sell out? If so, when?

Probably won’t sell out, but I’d definitely still recommend express

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:41 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release announcing another exciting house for this year's Halloween Horror Nights!

They’re Here. Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will bring guests “into the light” as part of this year’s Halloween Horror Nights events featuring terrifying new mazes inspired by Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ (MGM) iconic supernatural horror film, Poltergeist, beginning September 14.

Directed by Tobe Hooper and produced by I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVen and pretend I'm being cool Spielberg, Poltergeist garnered critical and consumer success when it first premiered in 1982. Characterized as one of the scariest films of all time, this groundbreaking movie paved the way for a new era of supernatural ghost stories that will come to life for the first time ever at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights. This living representation of the film will take guests into some of its most iconic scenes and encounter memorable characters that spawned their first true nightmares.

The mazes will lure guests to the Freeling family house built atop a cemetery where malicious ghosts threaten the lives within. From the underground graveyard to ghostly apparitions, guests will come face to face with infamous scenes from the film including the iconic flickering TV screen, menacing Beast from beyond and pool filled with floating corpses. As guests cross into the ‘light,’ they will find themselves surrounded by a surreal landscape of vanishing walls, floating furniture and a creepy clown with a menacing smile. In a rush against time, guests will be forced to make it back to the world of the living or forever be trapped…

Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

Additional details about Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights will be revealed soon. All tickets and vacation packages are on sale now. For more information about Halloween Horror Nights at either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
unnamed.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Jew wrote:
Lucas The Drummer wrote:Looking at going to HHN on October 11th, it'll be my first time! I'm looking at the day/night express ticket and wondering if it's likely to sell out? If so, when?

I meant specifically the day/night express passes, do they usually sell out?
Signature?!?!?! What the hell am I buying?

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:01 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release announcing the new Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers house coming to Halloween Horror Nights this year!

Beginning on Friday, September 14, Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, from Trancas International Films, takes a stab at Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights, bringing the notorious slasher to Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort in all-new mazes inspired by the iconic horror film.

Based on the fourth installment in the classic slasher series created by John Carpenter, the mazes will transport guests to the suburban town of Haddonfield, Illinois on Halloween night where Myers has escaped Smith’s Grove Sanitarium and is hungry for revenge. This time, he relentlessly stalks his niece Jamie as his next victim, stopping at nothing to kill her.

Guests will follow Myers as he escapes the mental hospital, encounters his first victims at Penney’s Gas Station and Diner, and wreaks terror on Haddonfield, all set to Alan Howarth’s ominous score. The maze will include horrifying scares by Myers in his classic featureless white mask and navy jumpsuit, with guests dodging his bloody knife at every turn. Halloween fanatics can expect a cameo by Myer’s psychiatrist Dr. Loomis and other famous characters from the film as they try to escape the bloodbath.

Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

Additional details about Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights will be revealed soon. For more information about Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com. All tickets and vacation packages are on sale now.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:15 am

Poltergeist scared me badly as a kid, for it being a PG movie. So many great visual moments in that film. So glad they went with the 80's version and not the reboot! Really good to see Michael Meyers again, a true Halloween icon.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:28 am

Lucas The Drummer wrote:
Jew wrote:

I meant specifically the day/night express passes, do they usually sell out?

I don't think so, but you never know---they only sell so many total express per night. Wouldn't wait too long.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:38 am

Universal Studios Hollywood has sent us a press release announcing "The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two" coming to this year's Halloween Horror Nights!

“The Horrors of Blumhouse” makes an encore performance at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights, bringing leading producer of horror Jason Blum’s blockbusters to life in all-new mazes at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, beginning Friday, September 14.

Partnering with the creative minds at Blumhouse Productions (Get Out, Insidious, Split), Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort will unleash a series of Blum’s most terrifying films at the nation’s most intense and immersive Halloween events.

At Universal Studios Hollywood, “The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two” maze takes guests on a terrifying journey that begins at the entrance to a dilapidated movie theatre, where a compilation of horror films play out in real life. In Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare, guests will succumb to an ancient curse that has been unleashed by a group of unsuspecting college students….forcing them to play a game where the stakes are life and death. In Unfriended, guests become pawns to a supernatural entity that has invaded a chat room. Drawing inspiration from Blumhouse Productions’ infamous opening title sequence, the final feature will lure guests into a creepy old house to answer desperate cries of help…only to discover that they have actually entered a paranormal world where real-life nightmares threaten to trap them forever in misery.

At Universal Orlando Resort, “The Horrors of Blumhouse” maze will bring guests face-to-face with the most gruesome scenes from the déjà vu thriller Happy Death Day, as well as from The First Purge, the newly-released prequel to The Purge series. In Happy Death Day, guests will be transported to the film’s college town, where they will be forced to relive the last day of a student’s life over and over again…until she breaks the murderous cycle. Then, in The First Purge, guests will run for their lives as menacing citizens from the film hunt them as part of the first barbaric government experiment where all crime is declared legal for 12 hours.

Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited Halloween Horror Nights to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each park’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

For more information about Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com. Additional details about the events will be revealed soon. All tickets and vacation packages are now on sale.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:54 am.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Would not be surprised to see a Nun in the maze either. It does sound good, and the prior Blumhouse maze was really well done.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby laqueefa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:43 pm

I hope they took notes from last year and made necessary improvements. HHN has always been an amazing event, and we spend a lot of money to go, but last year felt like a parking lot haunt. Scare Zones were scarce and seemed like an after thought. Got my fingers crossed though!
Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!