Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 263: Trick ‘r Treat coming to Halloween Horror Nights
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Jew wrote:Harry Potter is here to stay. It's the modern equivalent of Star Wars. An entire generation grew up with it.

That was more of a "there's a better chance of people losing interest in Harry Potter than dinosaurs" comment, I wasn't insinuating that interest in HP is waning. That said, I don't know if I'd consider HP that iconic. I'd put it more on par with Lord of the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings. Many people have seen it, but there are still a whole lot that haven't.
Total: 235 | Steel: 179 | Wooden: 56

Last Coaster Ridden: Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point on May 13, 2018.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun May 13, 2018 12:43 am

The Harry Potter movies are the 3rd highest grossing franchise in history behind only Marvel's current cinematic universe and Star Wars. That doesn't even include how many kids read the book. If you are arguing that designing a land based on the assumption that all guests have seen the movies/read the books makes it less enjoyable for someone who is not familiar with the lore, I don't think you'll find anyone on here who disagrees. But the brand itself is a very powerful brand that is not going away in our lifetime.

I haven't seen any of the latest Star Wars movies and it has been probably 20 years since I've seen the original trilogy. I have not read the Harry Potter books and I have only seen one of the movies. Doesn't mean they are not iconic franchises that will forever be part of pop culture history.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rolercstrluvr » Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 am

^ This is full of yes. :nina:

HP isn't gonna go anywhere anytime soon.

On Jurrassic World though, I'm just going to assume it'll be updated animatronics, Special Effects, and replacing one T-rex with the new beast in the movie.
Gold Striker Ride count: 435

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby edgeboy » Sun May 13, 2018 8:20 am

I can't understand people who say HP may not have staying power, either. When I first visited HP in Orlando (before USH had theirs), I had neither read the books nor seen the movies. I had no idea what I was looking at. But I was still able to totaly enjoy myself. Great theming is great theming.

I've since now seen all the movies, but still haven't read the books. They're on my to do list one day, really. But that series has tapped into the same "hero's quest" storyline that Star Wars has. It's a Universal story, no pun intended.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Sun May 13, 2018 11:22 am

I am a bit concerned that they'll remove animatronics and replace with 3D screens :(

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby litoson80 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:03 pm

I literally LOL! :b

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a
virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

EDIT: To be clear, this is a joke... :lmao:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Universal has sent us a press release announcing that Trick ‘r Treat will be coming to Halloween Horror Bights at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood!

Beginning September 14, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood will bring Legendary Pictures’ cult Halloween classic Trick ‘r Treat to life in all-new Halloween Horror Nights mazes that dare guests to live by the rules or suffer the consequences.

Based on the critically-acclaimed and fan-favorite movie, directed by Michael Dougherty, the “Trick ‘r Treat” maze will transport guests to Warren Valley, Ohio on Halloween night to celebrate the holiday’s dark traditions. Recreating some of the anthology’s most iconic scenes, the disturbing new maze invites brave thrill-seekers to become entwined within the secrets of this sleepy suburban town.

Guests will experience some of the film’s most grisly scenes and encounter hauntingly familiar characters. They will meander through Mr. Kreeg’s infamous house, watch as college students viciously transform into bloodthirsty werewolves and dismember the town, as well as come face-to-face with Sam – the spirit of Halloween – who readies to punish those who break the holiday’s tradition.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 25 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” in Hollywood and Orlando to become victims inside their own horror film. Multiple movie-quality mazes based on iconic horror television shows, films and original stories come to life season after season. And, the streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing scare-actors lunge from every darkened corner.

Additional details about Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” will be revealed soon. Select tickets and vacation packages for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights are on sale now. For more information about “Halloween Horror Nights” at either Universal Studios Hollywood or Universal Orlando Resort, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
545B2D97-DAEE-44E0-81D8-A90509E9AD26.jpeg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!