Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 267 - Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterlvr » Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a
virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

no VR headsets? waste!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Fri May 11, 2018 1:21 pm

So they may have been "inspired" by POTC in Shanghai? While I like the fact they are upgrading the rides (make Mummy next!), was kind of hoping for some news on Nintendo World. Would be nice to have a completely new experience in the park.

I'm WAY cooler than Henry M.

Postby Lameformer » Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Any one else a little concerned about how the Jurassic World IP is going to hold up? Jurassic World was a popular film and I know that a sequel is coming out soon but Jurassic World is culturally irrelevant now despite coming out less than 3 years ago and there isn't a ton of hype for the new movie.

I get that Universal is trying to be more modern with this move, but I feel like Jurassic Park was a timeless classic that might never be forgotten while Jurassic World is a franchise that is going to come and go.

In other words, I'm willing to bet that in 15 years the original Jurassic Park is going to be much more well known and relevant than the Jurassic World films will be.

Therefore, I think that this move is definitely going to hurt them in the long haul.
Life is like a roller coaster- it has its ups, its downs, its heartline rolls, its batwings, its immelmanns, its corkscrews, is pretzel loops, its..... never mind.

Credits: 56
1.Twisted Colossus 2.X2 3.Tatsu 4.Xcelerator 5.GhostRider 6.YOLOcoaster 7.Superman: Escape From Krypton 8.Rock N Roller Coaster 9.Riddler's Revenge 10.Batman: The Ride

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Shut It Down » Fri May 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Jurassic World is a sequel/reboot to Jurassic Park, not it’s own franchise. I think it will be fine over the long haul. My only concern is like everyone else, replacing all of the practical effects that make Jurassic Park the ride great and replacing it with screens and CGI effects. Personally I don’t see how they’re going to have the two Dino’s at the end battle without it being screen effects. We will see what happens, but I’m really hoping they go all out and make it entirely practical effects!

Postby coasterlvr » Fri May 11, 2018 8:14 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:I have it on good authority, that all the dinos are being replaced by screens, and they are adding water sprays through the ride. As well, they will add 3D glasses and a
virtual queue, with additional screens. Plus, a new Kong screen, for synergy. Since the Kong attraction(s) feature Dinosaurs.

i'm not sure if Megatron is your source, but he whispered that to me the other day when i went to talk to him.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Fri May 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Lameformer wrote:Any one else a little concerned about how the Jurassic World IP is going to hold up? Jurassic World was a popular film and I know that a sequel is coming out soon but Jurassic World is culturally irrelevant now...

...I feel like Jurassic Park was a timeless classic that might never be forgotten while Jurassic World is a franchise that is going to come and go.

This is the same franchise. They could call the next one "Jurassic Land" or "Jurassic Walmart" and people would know exactly what franchise these movies are a part of. I don't know by what measure you believe that Jurassic World is already culturally irrelevant, but all evidence is working against whatever you got. The last movie did well, its sequel is ready to roll, old JP characters are returning, Chris Pratt = $ right now, there will be new updates to the ride, etc. If anything, the series has been thoroughly reinvigorated, even if the original movie is still the fan favorite.

It sounds like you just enjoy the first movie the best (as I and a lot of people do), but if you're a fan, be glad that the movies and park attraction are getting TLC. It's not hard to imagine these sequels not happening and USH eventually ripping out the attraction and replacing it with some other concept altogether (hey, Jaws).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Sat May 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I think being immersed in a dino world on a ride will remain popular long term, no matter which movie it's themed after. Every kid learns about dinosaurs in school growing up, and goes to museums to see the fossils and bones. I'd be more concerned about how much interest people will still be showing in Harry Potter in 15 years, than people losing interest in dinosaurs.
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

Postby coasterlvr » Sat May 12, 2018 12:39 pm

Samuel wrote: It's not hard to imagine these sequels not happening and USH eventually ripping out the attraction and replacing it with some other concept altogether (hey, Jaws).

i still want my Back to the Future, and E.T. the ride back! lol oh, and animatronic King Kong. but that wasn't exactly their decision. :(

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat May 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Coming Soon: "Headset, the Ride!"; "Large Screen Experience!"

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat May 12, 2018 3:30 pm

FeelTheFORCE wrote:I think being immersed in a dino world on a ride will remain popular long term, no matter which movie it's themed after. Every kid learns about dinosaurs in school growing up, and goes to museums to see the fossils and bones. I'd be more concerned about how much interest people will still be showing in Harry Potter in 15 years, than people losing interest in dinosaurs.

Harry Potter is here to stay. It's the modern equivalent of Star Wars. An entire generation grew up with it.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!