Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 260: Harry Potter Christmas & Grinchas begin 11/24/17
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Only tickets bought from the USH website qualify for early entry, though they usually let in everyone else 15 minutes early.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby edgeboy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:59 pm

If you haven't heard, apparently USH has removed the 3D element from Forbidden Journey, and has made it 2D... so no more glasses! This is good news or bad news, depending on your point of view, but I think mostly good news. While I enjoyed the 3D, it really wasn't necessary, and I won't miss wearing the goggles. I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to manage the ride now as well.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:44 pm

^ Can I be the first to shriek

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

:shockr: :( :omg: :cry:

That's it. I'm done and over it. :devil:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Shigeru Miyamoto :lover: :lover: :lover:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:29 pm

edgeboy wrote:If you haven't heard, apparently USH has removed the 3D element from Forbidden Journey, and has made it 2D... so no more glasses! This is good news or bad news, depending on your point of view, but I think mostly good news. While I enjoyed the 3D, it really wasn't necessary, and I won't miss wearing the goggles. I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to manage the ride now as well.

The 2D video looks great, much more clear than the 3D was---I think it's HDR.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:23 pm

edgeboy wrote:If you haven't heard, apparently USH has removed the 3D element from Forbidden Journey, and has made it 2D... so no more glasses! This is good news or bad news, depending on your point of view, but I think mostly good news. While I enjoyed the 3D, it really wasn't necessary, and I won't miss wearing the goggles. I'd imagine it'd be a lot easier to manage the ride now as well.

My friend and I actually took our glasses off about half way through the last time we rode. Generally speaking, I thought the definition of the 3D was poor, imo, and I think it also added a nauseating element for a lot of riders.

Looking forward to it without the 3D, tbh.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:53 am

I have to agree that removing the 3D sounds like a good move. I rode with a friend a few weeks ago who had never ridden before, and he commented afterwards that he thought the projections seemed low budget and blurry when compared to something like Transformers — and I could see his point.

Although it certainly doesn't keep me from riding, the ride does make me feel fairly dizzy — partly due to the motion that feels more like being on a boat than flying, but mainly the eye-adjustment required to go from darkness to a 3D screen and back again in quick succession. I like the ghost train-style sections the most with those cheesy skeleton things bouncing around as they're a bit easier on the eyes.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:42 am

^I agree that the best parts of the ride use physical effects. I'm not a fan of Universal's dependence on video.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby JGuy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:36 pm

I guess I'm the only person hat liked it better with the 3D. Oh, well.
Maybe they'll add the projection effect of the dementor sucking out your soul to the Hollywood version, now.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby edgeboy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:25 pm

^I thought they removed that effect from Orlando quite a while ago. Though I haven't been there in a while, so I may be wrong.

At least we did retain our own version of the film, which is slightly different than Orlando's. Also, I've heard there is a possibility of the 3D returning, but I don't know under what circumstances.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!