Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

P. 269: Kid-friendly Halloween & lights-on Stranger Things!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood (USH) Discussion Thread

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Jew wrote:
Lucas The Drummer wrote:had a couple more questions:

1) i know the express day/night pass sells out, but does the normal day/night pass usually sell out too?

2) I heard someone mention something about getting a wristband early with the day/night pass, then heading to the backlot early and being able to be there first or something along those lines. is that just with express or also with normal day/night?

It is a pretty safe bet that Fridays & Saturday's will sell out of everything.

You can take advantage of early entry if you arrive before 6:00pm (it says 6:30 on the tickets, but you have to factor in the security checkpoint). Early entry begins at 5pm for the mazes on the lower lot at 5:30 for the mazes on the backlot.

and do you need express for early entry?
Signature?!?!?! What the hell am I buying?

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:57 pm

No. Early entry only requires that you pre-purchase your tickets via mobile app or website.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:26 pm

So if I wanna do all the mazes (including terror tram) in one night without Express pass, and get there as soon as possible with early entry, what order should I do everything in?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:57 am

I attended last night, pretty busy for a Thursday. I did do the early entry, and promptly at gate opening. 1st tip, the far right of the plaza has shortest lines. What we did was head straight to the lower lot to Stranger Things. I noticed on the app btw, which is well done and pretty accurate, that the line for that maze grew the longest over the course of the night. After Stranger Things, start the walking journey to the other 4 mazes on lower lot. We went straight towards Poltergeist. If you do Purge first however, the exit lets you out pretty closely at the entrance of Poltergeist. Then worked our way back towards Blumhouse, then journey back towards Mummy (which had problems off and on), for Trick Or Treat. Wrapped up lower lot with Transformers.

That worked well for us, saw all the mazes and the tram by 8:30, and did a couple of repeats. So, basically the order was Strangers Things, Purge, Ploltergeist, Blumhouse, Trick O Treat, Terror Tram, Universal Monsters, Halloween 4.

The amount of empty blank corridors was pretty irritating. So dark in the Purge, almost walked into a security guard. The Christmas scare zone was not the best, and the Toxic Tunnel is just odd, at least they varied the lighting I suppose.

Postby Lucas The Drummer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:10 pm

DBJ wrote:I attended last night, pretty busy for a Thursday. I did do the early entry, and promptly at gate opening. 1st tip, the far right of the plaza has shortest lines. What we did was head straight to the lower lot to Stranger Things. I noticed on the app btw, which is well done and pretty accurate, that the line for that maze grew the longest over the course of the night. After Stranger Things, start the walking journey to the other 4 mazes on lower lot. We went straight towards Poltergeist. If you do Purge first however, the exit lets you out pretty closely at the entrance of Poltergeist. Then worked our way back towards Blumhouse, then journey back towards Mummy (which had problems off and on), for Trick Or Treat. Wrapped up lower lot with Transformers.

That worked well for us, saw all the mazes and the tram by 8:30, and did a couple of repeats. So, basically the order was Strangers Things, Purge, Ploltergeist, Blumhouse, Trick O Treat, Terror Tram, Universal Monsters, Halloween 4.

The amount of empty blank corridors was pretty irritating. So dark in the Purge, almost walked into a security guard. The Christmas scare zone was not the best, and the Toxic Tunnel is just odd, at least they varied the lighting I suppose.

This is very helpful, thank you. Is the Mummy different at all for Halloween?

Postby DBJ » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:27 pm

You are welcome! No, there is not change to the Mummy for Halloween. If you there and it is totally slammed on fri or sat night, they do sell an upcharge line skip pass in the park by the central courtyard. Have no idea how much it is though.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:58 am

DBJ wrote:You are welcome! No, there is not change to the Mummy for Halloween. If you there and it is totally slammed on fri or sat night, they do sell an upcharge line skip pass in the park by the central courtyard. Have no idea how much it is though.

That will also sell out if you wait too long, leaving your only option as an express pass that is only valid from 11pm-close.

Pricing varies each night.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:49 am

I have a question? Is the Terror tram worth it? I didn't go last year but the year before that it was the clown dude. From my understanding it's still the clown dude right? Has anything changed?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Postby DBJ » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 am

It is the clown dude. Of the mazes, it is the least essential of the group. I think the volume of people walking through it throws off the scare factor quite a bit. I didn't see any outstanding changes. It is probably only worth it for the photo op at the Psycho house, but that line was quite long thurs night so skipped it.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Didn't know where else to ask this so i'm gonna ask it here. . .

Has anyone done the Warner Brothers "Horror Made Here" event? I'm planning ahead for next year and depends if its good or not would be the catalyst of how I do the west coaster haunts.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!