TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The most rare coaster credits

Over the enormous life time of roller coasters there have been certain ones that have become rare to of been on, here are the ones I can think of.

Nickelodeon's show "What would you do?" had a pie coaster that would run down a couple of dips and stop in a large pie.

These two are both from Arrow Dynamics, The Bat and Drachen Fire, both removed due to their rough and techinical problems.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I mean, it's kind of hard to define what is "rare."

Certainly I guess any coaster that is now defunct could be consider rare, but honestly, coasters close every year, and thousands have been closed and torn down over time. What makes one closed coaster more rare than the other? And some of those are simply byeond my point of caring because of time. I guess I would consider someone who's ridden Idora's coasters as "rare" simply because of how long they have been closed and because of the fact that I *could* have ridden it in my lifetime. But I wouldn't consider someone who's ridden the Crystal Beach Cyclone as "rare" because I couldn't even imagine going on it since it's been closed LONG before I was even born.

I guess you can call "hard to get to" coasters could be rare since most people that would come on these boards might not get to them very often. But just because one of us might not be willing to travel to Kuwait for a Batman clone doesn't mean that ride doesn't see thousands of riders every week, so why would that coaster be rare?

To be honest, I've never really thought about it! I just go on the coasters that interest me. I don't really go out of my way for a coaster I don't care about that is either A. Doomed to close or B. Too far away.

For example, I have just heard that Festival Gate in Japan has closed for good, but I didn't really consider the fact that we just rode that coaster last year as "rare." Just something that happened in the natural life cycle of many parks and coasters.

--Robb

Rareity as I see it is the time and ability to be able to ride the coaster, not weather or not you could make it to the park or some of the other reasons you noted. The Pie coaster I consider rare because you would have to be selected out of the audience to ride it and the show only lasted for two years. I hope that clears it up and I don't see any reason to get so riled up over a simple topic Robb

I count the 2 Vekoma's at Fantasy Island, Skegness rare !

A slight puff of wind and the coasters are shut

It took one of my mates 6 attempts in visiting that park to get a go on both of them. So far I've only been the once & they were shut

Hope to go there again in August for another chance in getting a ride on them.

A coaster I consider rare, at least for me to eventually get is the Tree Topper at Upper Clements. It will be rare for me because I will have made a special trip to another country just to ride one coaster. I'll have to check out what else is worth seeing in the Atlantic Provinces and make a vacation out of it.

I suppose a "rare" credit would be something like the Strickler's Grove coasters, or something like that homemade Blue Flash coaster. I mean, it's in a guy's backyard, so you'd have to make arrangements to ride it (I don't think I would ride it, though, not really trusting my life to some guy's project). Or a ride that might be really hard to get on as an adult, like Little Laser (I did manage to get that one, though).

And I've seen all three Deja Vu's not operating!!! I'll actually be sort of annoyed if I actually manage to get on one. Not that I think I have a good chance of that happening...

dt

per rcdb:

"Park closed to the public on 9/4/2000. Performance Rides International contracted to sell rides."

Someone must have bought it, eh? I wonder if there's a way to find who did...

On the subject of rare credits: I wonder if many mutli-bazillionaires have private coasters? I know I would if I were a bazillionaire.

Billy "Wants to become a bazillonaire so he can buy up a bunch of old coasters and have them considered rare credits" Hill.

And I've seen all three Deja Vu's not operating!!! I'll actually be sort of annoyed if I actually manage to get on one. Not that I think I have a good chance of that happening...

I feel pretty much the same way. I convinced myself about a year ago that I would never get to ride one of those things.

// kept my promise so far

Oooh! I just thought of one...actually two! Both incarnations of MGM Grand Adventure's "Lightning Bolt!"

--Robb "What ever happened to that ride???" Alvey

I atually had managed to ride every single phase of that coaster, indoor, outdoor and outdoor extended. From what I remember it wasn't all that bad, kinda time, I remember it had a cool double dip first drop that you could actually catch some air on.

A coaster I consider rare, at least for me to eventually get is the Tree Topper at Upper Clements. It will be rare for me because I will have made a special trip to another country just to ride one coaster. I'll have to check out what else is worth seeing in the Atlantic Provinces and make a vacation out of it.

Ahh yeah I've always wanted to get on the Tree Topper! I've never heard of ANYONE who's actually rode that thing! But looking at their website, no amusement park could get more hilariously Canadian: Take a ride on the Sissiboo Sizzler Flume, as it floats down Shubenacadie River! Then slide down the Fundy Splash! Hahaha, thumbs up for the Bay of Fundy! It's wet, and it's a geography lesson!

But Canada sucks so much for coasters, this year at my homepark, Calaway Park, they're doing something even better than getting a new coaster. In celebration of Alberta's Centennial, they're renaming their Arrow Corkscrew from "Corkscrew" to "Vortex!" Awesome!!! I haven't been there in years, but I might have to go check this beast out!

A coaster I consider rare, at least for me to eventually get is the Tree Topper at Upper Clements.

I have that one

To get to the park first we had to drive to Maine (3,4 hours..) then take the CAT boat (4? more hours) then still drive like 5 hours.....