TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My Jurassic Park Ride Idea

Ok, so I was bored in the car yesterday going to Knotts so I was trying to think about good theme parks...DisneySeas came up, and I remembered how much I loved Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Then we saw some ad for Universal and I remembered Jurassic Parking.

So logically in my brain I came up with IOA's next ride. We had all heard those rumors for so long about the "jeep safari adventure". Can you imagine how awesome they could do a 'jeep' ride using the Test Track/Journey technology!?!? Man, I think that could be one of the best rides ever. You could have it go around corners fast like Test Track, drop over cliffs like Journey coming down the volcano, it could really be done well.

Sorry for my geeky moment...I had to occupy my mind with something to try and ignore the fact I was going to Knotts and figured I'd share!

Elissa "if they don't get that, they better get my Captain America Intamin Hyper Coaster!" Alvey

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeep dropping, jeep dropping....wait a sec...that explains it...

Remember that in the USH version, the JP river adventure has a jeep dropping, but IOA has a raptor cage? I bet they wanted to put the jeep dropping in the jeep safari ride they never built (yet) so that could be why it's not there.

That would be really cool! JP at IOA is really lacking in rides. But, there might be one problem... down at Animal Kingdom they have a Dinosaur jeep ride. Kind of. But, I think it would be really cool regardless. Universal could do it so much better than Animal Kingdom, or any Disney Park.

That would be really cool! JP at IOA is really lacking in rides. But, there might be one problem... down at Animal Kingdom they have a Dinosaur jeep ride. Kind of. But, I think it would be really cool regardless. Universal could do it so much better than Animal Kingdom, or any Disney Park.

I seriously doubt that would stop Universal from putting a jeep ride in

I'm not sure I agree. I think it might be a little too similar to the boat ride.

Not in terms of ride experience -- yes, I realize that riding in a boat and driving around in a jeep are two entirely different scenarios.

But wouldn't the plots/themes/etc. be a little too close to eachother? I mean, think about it:

River Adventure: You're riding around in a boat exploring the park when catastrophe strikes -- oh noes!

Jeep Adventure: You're riding around in a jeep exploring the park when catastrophe strikes -- oh noes!

I dunno, I think they're a little too close thematically. Not that I have any suggestions of anything that wouldn't be. Just saying.

I have an idea to add to the ride, for those who have ridden JPRAdv (Ioa) I am reffering to the part when the grass moves because the Raptors are free. I think that they should use the grass moving effect but have raptors jump out at the car, sort of like the field scene from The Lost World.

They should either create a jeep ride like Rhino Rally at BGT, just don't go wtih Vekoma, cause Rhino Rally has high downtime still. I really don't think they need a jeep ride, they should add the rumored B&M flyer.

I think a Ford Explorer on a 'track' like the original movie would be the bomb. That would just totally freak me out -- and have life size dinosaurs (not just heads -- great picture Robb btw) go after you.

They are coming out with JP IV I hear --

I'm just not sure they have the land for an attraction like that (the way I would envision it).

I'd want the whole experience like the movie, the first part, it was in a Ford right? Or M Class? -- the jeep thing would be cool too -- but half a billion would probably be needed lol for something like that.

Yah, it would be cool if in the ride it would be raining the whole time, let's say its an indoor attraction, at night and you are driving around on these automated Ford Explorers, the roof 'caves in' with the dinosaur.

Soooo much could be done. Elissa, your idea would be amazing.

Dang, I have to see these movies again.

They should either create a jeep ride like Rhino Rally at BGT, just don't go wtih Vekoma, cause Rhino Rally has high downtime still. I really don't think they need a jeep ride, they should add the rumored B&M flyer.

But Rhino Rally sucks. And Kilimanjaro Safari is the same thing as well. (except it doesn't suck)

Okay what would be so incredibly perfect for this idea would be the Cantilevered Coaster, http://www.cantileveredcoaster.com/

The park would have the first ever, a prototype, get TONS of press, and the ride:

It starts like the normal jeep ride idea, you're on the road just like in the first movie, but when the storm comes and the dinosaurs get loose, the car jumps off the track and this way it can get blasted or go down hills, and "jump canyons" and even go off little jumps and hop over logs in your path and because of the hidden track system underneath, it would actually feel like you're in a runaway jeep. Of course, the amount of money and land for something like this would be mind-boggling, but if anyone could pull a ride like that off, it is definitely Universal.

Yah, it would be cool if in the ride it would be raining the whole time, let's say its an indoor attraction, at night and you are driving around on these automated Ford Explorers, the roof 'caves in' with the dinosaur.

THAT is a good way for them to not use much space! The ride would be set at night, so they could enclose it and cleverly hide things to pull the effect of being in the big open jungle portion of JP, without having to use so much land to do it!

These are all very interesting ideas. I've never been on Journey, but it sounds like a pretty intense experience, and if something in the same vein revolving around Jurrasic Park came along, it would really be something. I especially like the idea of rainfall in the enclosed spaces.

THAT is a good way for them to not use much space! The ride would be set at night, so they could enclose it and cleverly hide things to pull the effect of being in the big open jungle portion of JP, without having to use so much land to do it!

Exactly. The rain could constantly be going on in the attraction, it be dark, and for dramatic effect (so you can see the rain, and not the roof) have cool street like lighting shining down on you, illuminating the edge of the cages/folliage and streams of rain...lights burst out and stuff like that when the dinosaurs come -- anyone skeered yet? I am.

Darkness=scaryness. I mean Space Mountain goes like what, 27 mph? But it feels like hell (in space) breaks loose.

should have been a show designer...

Jose