TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFOG Mindbender

If you check out the SFOG update at ***** he reports that the Mindbender recieved a train from a Six Flags California property, and looking at the pictures it looks like the old Tidal Wave train has been returned to service. Sadly this isn't good for anyone that was still clinging onto a bit of hope that is would be rebuilt somwhere if this is true.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, so I guess the rumors are finally confirmed that SF just bought that thing for parts!

I have a question though...doesn't mindbender have like 3 trains??? How did SF ruin them all???

Elissa "and does Tidal Wave's have all the parts!!!" Alvey

Well I wouldn't think it would have all of the parts but looking at the wheel bases there is no way it's a Zonga train so I guess it will go through a slight modification so it can be used on Mindbender

Scott " New headrests are the first thing I noticed" Brown

I have a question though...doesn't mindbender have like 3 trains??? How did SF ruin them all???

Does this question really need to be asked?!? It IS Six Flags, after all. I think they could figure out a way to break the sun if they put their minds to it...

Dave "still needs his Mindbender credit" Thomas

They only ran two trains last season.

Why didn't she tell me they are putting new trains on Mindbender?lol The woman that I talked to last Monday told me that they are fixing the brakes. She said that she doesn't when it will reopen, by the way Gregg you might not be able to get the Cyclone credit either since the chain broke last weekend.

I find it strange they brought a train in from California .. I thought Mindbender had three trains like Shockwave at SFOT.

SFOT rotates the trains on a yearly basis and performs a full rehab on each train when it's not on the track, so every 3 years, the trains are fully stripped down and rebuilt.

Next Sunday I'll be at SFOG and hope it is up and running.

It was my first coaster that had inversions and still is a kickin ride even after all these years.

Even though SFOG still doesn't know how to count. It only has 2 inversions people!!!