TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Sounds interesting, whatever it is. I guess it was only a matter of time before some kind of interactive "escape room"ish attraction made it's way into a park (if thsi does in fact have some of those aspects).

This line from the webpage is interesting....

"Be immersed in interactive encounters with the island inhabitants, push yourself with physically active challenges that test your resourcefulness and fortitude!"

"physically active challenges", maybe some kind of ropes/obstacle course? I could see this being a lot of fun, should be interesting to follow.

This really sounds like a placeholder to me.

I hope. Like any actual investment would make me sad when that's a big chunk of land you could use for literally anything else.

I sort of feel like it's opening in the summer because they don't feel like staffing it before then.

They struggle to sell me food before Mid-June. How would they staff this?

LARP means "live action role playing". Basically picture a game that you play as a character surrounded by people acting in character and you get, uhhh, something as a result. Knotts has been experimenting with this as has Disneyland. Some people get way into it, personally it has no attraction or interest to me. The park has lots of needs - indoor rides of any kind, signature family attractions, a log flume that doesn't sink or flip over, things like that - and this doesn't fit any of those categories.

could it be an "adventure" trail with some flats on it as "obstacles" ?

just thinking out loud. . .I mean, a Top Spin themed like KD's (and it used to be themed to Laura Croft) would be a perfect fit on a lost adventure trail.

It's too bad they were so vague with the details.

Yeah, sure, it really is too bad they were vague. Especially since they said they were going to be vague in the original post to Twitter.

Here's a wild idea: it isn't even fully designed yet. Or maybe only conceptualized, nothing beyond that.

Here's a wild idea: it isn't even fully designed yet. Or maybe only conceptualized, nothing beyond that.

Yeah, maybe they had no idea what they were building so they just made a vague announcement and then they're going to look through the social media speculation for ideas...

Yeah, maybe they had no idea what they were building so they just made a vague announcement and then they're going to look through the social media speculation for ideas...

Building what? You're talking about this like they're building a roller coaster and there's a bunch of steel that's gonna show up. II'll bet they wind up reusing a bunch of props that are already sitting on the island. You know, from the existing haunt that they never 100% dismantle. That and some other basically temporary structures.

So the way I see it, the scenarios are that they either spend a lot of money on a really awesome walk through / escape room thing which would most likely be way cooler than Dinosaurs Alive (since anything would be) or they do something super cheap as a placeholder since the island's just sitting there anyway and they might as well try to monetize that space somehow. The second scenario sort of points to the possibility that they want to build something more substantial out there at some point (or at least leave that possibility open) but they're not ready to do it yet.

I'm happy with either of those scenarios (though I'm strongly leaning towards the second one).

I absolutely loved Adventure Mountain at Dollywood and super loved Camp Discovery at Shanghai Disneyland. Cedar Point could pull of something like that if they wanted, not sure if that's what this is, but I would love that and think it would be a great addition for the park.

...it could also be somewhat temporary if we learned anything from Dollywood!

Sounds like maybe a similar thing to Ghost Town Alive in some capacity? Like you get these physical challenges from the citizens of the frontier? Hard to tell right now, but that'd be cool.

OMG. I'll bet that is EXACTLY what it is. That honestly makes the most sense. Ghost Town Alive has been INSANELY popular at Knott's Berry Farm, another Cedar Fair property, and it would actually make sense to bring this over to Cedar Point to give people some fun non-coaster things to do during their day.

Edited by robbalvey

If you don't mind on-and-off rain, today seems like the perfect day to be at Cedar Point -- I've never seen the parking lot so empty!

And if this is anything to go by, Wicked Twister finally had the longest line in the park on a technicality:

wickedtwister.jpg.9cdf185480bb911529657aa59439c8dd.jpg