Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: B&MIntaminGCI and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Sounds like maybe a similar thing to Ghost Town Alive in some capacity? Like you get these physical challenges from the citizens of the frontier? Hard to tell right now, but that'd be cool.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:12 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Sounds like maybe a similar thing to Ghost Town Alive in some capacity? Like you get these physical challenges from the citizens of the frontier? Hard to tell right now, but that'd be cool.

OMG. I'll bet that is EXACTLY what it is. That honestly makes the most sense. Ghost Town Alive has been INSANELY popular at Knott's Berry Farm, another Cedar Fair property, and it would actually make sense to bring this over to Cedar Point to give people some fun non-coaster things to do during their day.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:59 pm.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Samuel » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:26 pm

If you don't mind on-and-off rain, today seems like the perfect day to be at Cedar Point -- I've never seen the parking lot so empty!

And if this is anything to go by, Wicked Twister finally had the longest line in the park on a technicality:
wickedtwister.jpg

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:29 pm

I could see a zip line type ending at the witches wheel...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Brassinthegrass wrote:I could see a zip line type ending at the witches wheel...

This is exactly how disappointments like Kings Island announcing the Antique Cars happen. People post stuff like this, over-hyping and over-expecting something and then in reality, when it just becomes an "interactive game" played in the old Dinosaurs Alive area with no "amusement ride" factor in it at all, people get disappointed.

It was really frustrating for me watching everyone lose-their-shit over the Kings Island announcement when there was NOTHING WRONG with it, simply because a bunch of people on the internet built it up more than what the park ever promised or teased about.

I worry that the same thing is going to happen here.

People are already talking about "building stuff" and "zip lines" and there no evidence AT ALL about any of that happening!

The freaking clue was a pencil. Which could be as simple as being used on a score card that you'll keep while playing the interactive games and going on tasks around this new area.

Seriously people, the more you post things like "I think they'll be a zipline" the more that turns into "Fake News" and next thing you know we'll have Trump in office for another four years. So let's STOP with the made-up crap so that doesn't happen! Ok? Thank you.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:16 pm

robbalvey wrote:....The freaking clue was a pencil. Which could be as simple as being used on a score card that you'll keep while playing the interactive games and going on tasks around this new area....

Mini Golf! =)

I am kidding, I have absolutely no idea what's coming up. But I'm sure it will be awesome, at Cedar Point!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:56 pm

robbalvey wrote:People are already talking about "building stuff" and "zip lines" and there no evidence AT ALL about any of that happening!

The freaking clue was a pencil. Which could be as simple as being used on a score card that you'll keep while playing the interactive games and going on tasks around this new area.

Or writing stuff down as part of the tasks. Knott's stuff is literally "run around with a stick horse", playing bingo, doing scavenger hunts, and spending a lot of time interacting with people in character. If that's the future of theme parks, much as I felt after doing the video game rides at HubZero in Dubai, I am extremely not interested.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:10 pm

In other news... it would appear after scrolling through my Instagram feed that Dragster opened tonight with it’s shiny new cable. Queue Times doesn’t show this, but that’s probably because it never needed to post a wait time above 0 minutes today. :lol:

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:18 pm

SharkTums wrote:I absolutely loved Adventure Mountain at Dollywood and super loved Camp Discovery at Shanghai Disneyland. Cedar Point could pull of something like that if they wanted, not sure if that's what this is, but I would love that and think it would be a great addition for the park.

...it could also be somewhat temporary if we learned anything from Dollywood! :?r

I mean, thankfully, Adventure Mountain was sold, relocated, and reconfigured instead of being demolished. I would love to see a super-amazing new ropes course in a US theme park.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby pryonisys » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 pm

coasterbill wrote:In other news... it would appear after scrolling through my Instagram feed that Dragster opened tonight with it’s shiny new cable. Queue Times doesn’t show this, but that’s probably because it never needed to post a wait time above 0 minutes today. :lol:

Exciting news, I'll be honest I was curious if it would be open soon but figured that most people here knew just as much as I did about when it would be open and I didn't want to be horribly annoying. Hoping to get on it tomorrow, last time I rode it there was 2004 and there was a 2 hour line.
I will probably like it a lot more if there is a quicker wait time.

PreviousNext