TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

They got a new food stand last year. Give it a break. CF dumps exactly as much money into Dorney as they need to; no more, no less.

I'm not one to look into stuff like this, but could they be announcing something tomorrow?

If my sources are correct, dorney might be announcing a new coaster.

I keep refreshing the website with unbridled anticipation. What time is the big announcement?

.tenor.gif

Its probably the same deal that Wonderland is running. If you renew your season pass now you get a free fastlane pass to use this season

Someone I know who works at the park said it's that, more than likely.

I went to the park for the first time in two years on Saturday. Good to see I didn't miss anything as I had 10 fast lane plus tickets and never had to use them. In the words of Rick and Morty, "It's like trying to use Disney Bucks at a Caesar's Palace". It's made me realize that I would much rather drive 3 hours and fight Washington traffic and go to KD for a bigger park than drive 1 1/2 hour down I-78 and go to to DP.

Has anyone checked out the screamscape rumor just posted for this park for the teaser video Dorney posted yesterday? I don’t want to get my hopes up, but there does seem to be some evidence of at least something for next year. Although who knows, it could be Dorney just messing with us.

I doubt they would actually tease a new ride and then not add anything, I was more kidding about that knowing Dorney’s track record. It would be pretty crazy to see them getting a large ride though, with there being no previous rumors whatsoever. The teasers do seem to hint towards a new coaster in the dinosaur’s alive/stinger area, although I don’t really see the need for a new coaster considering none of the current coasters get more than a 5 minute line. I guess time will tell.

They removed Stinger because it was a piece of crap that was broken more than it was open and they likely no longer wanted to put money into it.

Sooo... When will they remove Dorney because it ends up being a piece of crap that is broken more than it is open and they likely will no longer want to put money into it??

#AskingForAFriend

^ I actually really like Dorney. it may be small and not have the biggest baddest rides around but they good care of that park. For me, it still has that classic park feel and has a good amount of awesome flats. Plus, they have a awesome attached water park that is actually quite large.

I am having a touch time coming up with any other rides @ Dorney that have operational issues (besides maybe Possessed, but at least it runs most of the time) and I can't. The park itself is fine - its extremely clean, well maintained, I've never found it understaffed, etc. Talon, Demon Drop, Possessed and the flume are all very good rides. Hydra and Steel Force are dull but not bad. They have some great flats - a great whip, Apollo, etc. Though I don't agree with the idea that it has a "classic park feel", except while walking through that *one* path that goes under Thunderhawk. Otherwise I find it to be white-washed of any sort of quirkiness or charm or themeing, just like Cedar Point in fact (save for Frontierland/town/whatever).

I am having a touch time coming up with any other rides @ Dorney that have operational issues (besides maybe Possessed, but at least it runs most of the time) and I can't. The park itself is fine - its extremely clean, well maintained, I've never found it understaffed, etc. Talon, Demon Drop, Possessed and the flume are all very good rides. Hydra and Steel Force are dull but not bad. They have some great flats - a great whip, Apollo, etc. Though I don't agree with the idea that it has a "classic park feel", except while walking through that *one* path that goes under Thunderhawk. Otherwise I find it to be white-washed of any sort of quirkiness or charm or themeing, just like Cedar Point in fact (save for Frontierland/town/whatever).

I can see your point. But than again everyone's definition of a classic feel is different. My favorite part is where a majority of the flats are... music express, apollo, tilt a whirl, games, etc... I love all of the lights at night. Honestly, clean is all that matters to me and this park always hits that on the head.

Possessed is one of the reason's I like this park so much because there are not many of that type of coaster around. Plus, any coaster that takes me backwards wins in my book. Demon Drop for the win too. Way better then their S&S tower. I find S&S towers the most boring drop rides and always skip them.

Even worse, I asked for back row after being assigned row 5, which they had no issue with. But they forced me to ride with the other group in that row even though nobody was behind me. Also, Steel Force is sending trains like crazy. By the time a train approaches the station the other one is halfway up the lift. They're operating as if the park is slammed and I don't understand lol

^

Maybe Dorney is preparing themselves for when they open up their new GCI that everyone was talking about. It's going to break all sorts of records, Dorney will be CROWDED with people, and wait times for every ride will be no less than 20 minutes.

^

Maybe Dorney is preparing themselves for when they open up their new GCI that everyone was talking about. It's going to break all sorts of records, Dorney will be CROWDED with people, and wait times for every ride will be no less than 20 minutes.

That's the only logical explanation

^

This park can actually get super crowded during their Halloween event.

I just got off Hydra and they're assigning rows...it's a walk-on... This park makes absolutely no sense.

Assigning rows at Dorney??? I've been there a LOT and I have yet to see them do that, even on crowded days. That's certainly odd for sure!

I feel like I have experienced here myself years ago.