TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I believe a part of all this negativity isn't so much the misinformation the GP has but is it fair to blame all these park "fan sites" out there who go searching for public documents that have been filed with the local jurisdictions and post it all over the net that get some of these people speculating something big is coming the next year when in fact it's going to be an off year or a smaller addition?

:lol: 3 mile antique cars ride sounds sooo much more interesting, though! I'm cool with this, though I wish it was ready in time for this year's WinterFest. Would make for an especially nice "ride through the lights" attraction then.

I am kind of surprised there's a company that's still making these attractions.

Chance Rides makes new electric cars. I wonder if they'll be the ones that make the Antique Cars for Kings Island.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually pretty excited for this. I actually LOVE antique car rides! I mean, they almost always have short lines and it is just plain fun!

While my guess of Racer backwards was off, I'm fine with this addition (or should I say return) to the park. Antique cars are fun, especially with the kiddos, and KI is really becoming a premier park for family friendly attractions of all shapes and sizes! After taking my three oldest kids for the first time last year, they actually said they liked it more than Cedar Point! High praise, and not a condemnation of CP either, which they also love. But there is just so much for families of all compositions to do at KI, now including the Antique Cars (once again!)

As for all the "controversy", I will say that at first blush, announcing this on "National Roller Coaster Day", of all days, was a bit confusing (some could even say misleading - not that a park's never done that before to mess with people! lol). However, knowing the significance of the date being the last day of operation of the old Antique Cars, I'd agree that it was a perfect day to announce it! I also know they had a separate celebration to commemorate NRCD (which got postponed anyway), and they may have led to some confusion. I know I read both announcements back to back, and in my memory, they meshed. So, that's not on KI at all, but could be an explanation for some of the people's responses, if they were similarly mistaken. Regardless, the lack of a coaster announcement today (which I never expected) didn't faze me, and it's unfortunate that so many people got bent over it.

The Antique Cars are a nice addition for one of the best all around parks for families already, and with a new coaster apparently on the horizon in 2020, nobody should be complaining about anything!

So you're telling me I get a ride I can take the family on that isn't in the kids area and I get to see the other side of the park? Best announcement ever!

I agree, last time I was at Kings Island with my kids, as amazing as the kids section is, our entire day was spent either there together or the rest of the family there while I snuck away to try and grab a ride on something haha. An all ages attraction on the other side of the park will be great.

One of the first things said during the announcement was explaining the significance of announcing antique cars on August 16th (reason being that it was the date the former ones closed for good). If people are using the excuse that it was National Roller Coaster Day and the announcement wasn't a roller coaster as a reason to get mad, then they didn't pay attention to the announcement at all.

I actually am happy that they didn't announce a coaster yesterday. I'd rather have it be teased and hyped for some time (longer than a day, LOL) if it's something big. Plus, antique cars are actually really fun, popular, and a great way to take a break from hardcore coastering! The fact that people are actually getting mad about this just boggles my mind.

P.S. I still have a possibly unhealthy obsession with Mystic Timbers shed. I'll never forget the excitement on Mystic Timbers opening day to find out what was in the shed! I bought a shirt that says, "What's in the shed?" and it's possibly my favorite coaster shirt ever. Anyone reading this who might have a hand in teasing whatever future coasters might be coming, you have your work cut out for you in topping that.

So I got mini update for our trip tomorrow. We were supposed to have a group of four and now we're down to two. It's a little unfortunate to happen the day before we leave.

^ Were supposed to be going tomorrow (actually leaving for the park at 6am) but the weather is looking awful so I doubt were even make it to the park until Sunday. I'm seeing rain and thunder storms almost the entire afternoon.

Edit: Nevermind the trip has been officially canceled.

^ Thanks...it's been a while since we had something to post in the 'Dumbest things said on TPR' thread.

KI has been treated better than most other amusement parks in recent years. Since 2014, they added Banshee, Mystic Timbers, substantial enhancements to their water park, and some significant operational improvements like the new parking lot entrance. They're also heavily rumored to have another B&M addition in 2020. It's astounding how spoiled a group of people can be. Seriously, how much more could you ask for?

^ Thanks...it's been a while since we had something to post in the 'Dumbest things said on TPR' thread.

KI has been treated better than most other amusement parks in recent years. Since 2014, they added Banshee, Mystic Timbers, substantial enhancements to their water park, and some significant operational improvements like the new parking lot entrance. They're also heavily rumored to have another B&M addition in 2020. It's astounding how spoiled a group of people can be. Seriously, how much more could you ask for?

1068265510_Hes_right_you_know.jpg.1fda621fde70f4e0b57c107fd6be1a1e.jpg

But the fanobois were mislead! RMC Son of Beast was their god-given right in 2019, even though there was zero evidence that it was ever happening other than “a ride” was returning! How could that NOT mean RMC Son of Beast?! Unforgivable.