Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 14 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Ewrawr » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 am

jenna.clark wrote:Bobby what ERT, and when was it scheduled? I am heading down from Toronto, next weekend, and I would like to know if they are anticipating it will be down that long. If the ETR is Aug 3 I think I am going to outta luck

This is the calendar of ERT dates for season pass and it still has LR as the ERT for Saturday August 4th but that could be wishful thinking on their part. https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Guest-Services/Early-Entry

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby appel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:30 am

Ewrawr wrote:
jenna.clark wrote:Bobby what ERT, and when was it scheduled? I am heading down from Toronto, next weekend, and I would like to know if they are anticipating it will be down that long. If the ETR is Aug 3 I think I am going to outta luck

This is the calendar of ERT dates for season pass and it still has LR as the ERT for Saturday August 4th but that could be wishful thinking on their part. https://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Guest-Services/Early-Entry

Word is that the park handed the problem over to RMC again as there is still warranty going on. The ride might be closed at least for the next two weeks, the ERT yesterday was cancelled last minute....

Source: well its from reddit but better than nothing as the park does not say anything at all...

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Bobby2889 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:45 am

^^ I was there, reported it on the last page, it is true. Also until yesterday morning Lightning Rod was listed as the ERT for this event and was changed the morning of. Unless they get the issue worked out I would assume they won’t change it unless they have to.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Dollywoodlover20 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:52 pm

I was looking around to find info on the LR situation. Besides what we’ve heard about retracking (MUCH NEEDED at the drop), and padding added to the seats (I thought the seats themselves are fine?), I’ve also seen that Velocity Magnetics has shut down? Anyone know if this is true or false?
So let’s talk about Dollywood’s hint. “Planting the seeds for something BIG” with colorful vines and leaves. The first thing that pops into my head is the old Dreamland Forest. Could we see a revamped version of that make a comeback? Could this be an intire forest land? Which...wouldn’t totally fit when you think. Yes it’s in the mountains, but they’ve made a feild into it really. Looks like a piece of land towards Cades Cove.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Thunderhead01 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 am

Retracking LR I rode TH yesterday and dang OMG I felt like it was trying to kill me TH needs a retrack

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:26 pm

I just saw on Screamscape that vertical construction has officially began in the new area

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:11 am

Is the Vekoma family suspended coaster been confirmed?
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 am

No

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:28 am

Thunderhead01 wrote:Retracking LR I rode TH yesterday and dang OMG I felt like it was trying to kill me TH needs a retrack

I thought Thunderhead was still really fun in the front row as of last year. Did you try it up there?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby dstephe9 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:26 am

Dollywoodlover20 wrote:I was looking around to find info on the LR situation. Besides what we’ve heard about retracking (MUCH NEEDED at the drop), and padding added to the seats (I thought the seats themselves are fine?), I’ve also seen that Velocity Magnetics has shut down? Anyone know if this is true or false?
So let’s talk about Dollywood’s hint. “Planting the seeds for something BIG” with colorful vines and leaves. The first thing that pops into my head is the old Dreamland Forest. Could we see a revamped version of that make a comeback? Could this be an intire forest land? Which...wouldn’t totally fit when you think. Yes it’s in the mountains, but they’ve made a feild into it really. Looks like a piece of land towards Cades Cove.
What comes to my mind is this is just the beginning of the expansion with more to be announced when this area is complete

As for LR, my wife and I just got back from Cedar Point, and after riding Steel Vengeance, she said LR was defective from the beginning! I explained the track difference but she still thinks LR has never ran correctly after seeing how smooth Steel Vengeance was compared to LR. One day I wore a Dollywood shirt and several people stopped me and said they would visit Dollywood when LR is fixed, lol.

I'm excited for the expansion and hope it only continues! Dollywood needs to get that pop back in their attendance!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!