TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Feel like Neal and corporate are the only one that "know"

Also the construction crew. My brother is on this project and like is said before. He is keeping a tight lip about it! The last time he was this secretive was when X was in production.

Does Six Flags normally do big announcement around Labor Day?

Hunh...I'm half surprised the construction crew knows already...I mean at this point they could be looking at the demo page of the drawings...."we need this space cleared", dont see much reason for them to know the vertical plans....yet . All it takes is one annonomus post anywhere on the internet for a major leak....seems like the less people that know before Sept. 30th the safer their secret is...Maybe your brother doesnt know and is blowing smoke up there, but maybe he does...guess well never know

True but he knew about X long before I knew. He knows, he is just being a buster about it! LOL

Also the construction crew. My brother is on this project and like is said before. He is keeping a tight lip about it! The last time he was this secretive was when X was in production.

Hunh...I'm half surprised the construction crew knows already...I mean at this point they could be looking at the demo page of the drawings...."we need this space cleared", dont see much reason for them to know the vertical plans....yet . All it takes is one annonomus post anywhere on the internet for a major leak....seems like the less people that know before Sept. 30th the safer their secret is...Maybe your brother doesnt know and is blowing smoke up there, but maybe he does...guess well never know

Bids are shopped around well in advance. Contractors need plenty of time to secure the necessary equipment, building materials, subcontractors, permits....

And again, I'll say that people who know their livelihood depends on the confidentiality of a project will not say anything. There are only so many construction companies that work in the theme park business, and chances are they will never work in the business again if they were to leak something...

Edited by Jew

Bids are shopped around well in advance. Contractors need plenty of time to secure the necessary equipment, building materials, subcontractors, permits....

And again, I'll say that people who know their livelihood depends on the confidentiality of a project will not say anything. There are only so many construction companies that work in the theme park business, and chances are they will never work in the business again if they were to leak something...

That's why I am not pushing him. He has been their for many of Six Flags new builds. The only things he tells me after it has been built, is that he will never ride it.

To this day he has never been on X nor Deja Vu' when it was around.

Oh yes, for sure, contractors need to know in advance.

When he said construction crew I assumed he meant "in house" six flags employees...

Hey experienced MM enthusiasts! I have a question regarding ticketing. I am making a trip to California this week and am planning on visiting the park for the first time. As I have other, expensive, things planned during my trip I am trying to get the best deal possible. I have found that if you pre-buy your tickets online for a selected day you receive $15 off but pay a $9 processing fee. I also found the Coke discount promo where it takes $20 off of your total. My question is which is the better option? Do they charge extra fees at the gate with the coke promo? Are there hidden restrictions on the coke deal? Any help here would be so great, thanks!

Hey experienced MM enthusiasts! I have a question regarding ticketing. I am making a trip to California this week and am planning on visiting the park for the first time. As I have other, expensive, things planned during my trip I am trying to get the best deal possible. I have found that if you pre-buy your tickets online for a selected day you receive $15 off but pay a $9 processing fee. I also found the Coke discount promo where it takes $20 off of your total. My question is which is the better option? Do they charge extra fees at the gate with the coke promo? Are there hidden restrictions on the coke deal? Any help here would be so great, thanks!

The coke fee is based on the normal price of $80 for an adult ticket. You can get a membership for $3 more which gives you all year. + discounts in the park and early entry + flash pass discounts.

Are you near a six flags or plan to go for multiple days? Alternatively when are you going I have a 50% off friends coupon as a dimond elite member and wouldn't mind (if your interested) in meeting up.

The coke fee is based on the normal price of $80 for an adult ticket. You can get a membership for $3 more which gives you all year. + discounts in the park and early entry + flash pass discounts.

Are you near a six flags or plan to go for multiple days? Alternatively when are you going I have a 50% off friends coupon as a dimond elite member and wouldn't mind (if your intereI sted) in meeting up.

I live in Utah so no near six flags parks for me, unfortunately. A day pass is all i can do. I plan on going this Thursday.

Oh yes, for sure, contractors need to know in advance.

When he said construction crew I assumed he meant "in house" six flags employees...

I can assure you that pretty much every department manager and most of the salaried employees are clued into what the addition is. They keep their cards close to the chest, but not "Neal is the only person who knows what's going on close".

Having recently departed from the company after four years, I can say that this year almost nothing has leaked out to the employees that usually get clued in before an official announcement is made. For the past few years (Justice League was an open secret from the moment they demoed the Batman Action Theater, CraZanity was also not a surprise) managers and other salaried employees actually did let other employees know aspects of what was going on. However this year it's been made clear by marketing that they don't want managers saying anything.

Naturally rumors do end up flying around anyway, especially when there are employees that are effected by construction and maintenance, but nothing concrete.

Personally, I have grown to really like and miss the element of surprise and I'm glad that there hasn't been a massive leak of what the project actually is. In today's media landscape where everyone knows what the next iPhone is months before it's announced and the internet seems to leak everything I honestly miss the surprise and awe that used to come with big announcements. Good job to the Six Flags Magic Mountain team for actually keeping this under wraps.

I've never bought tickets at the gate so I don't know if the price shown includes tax, I did a quick Google search and didn't find a single place on the SFMM site that gives that info either. Very frustrating! I'd call them if no one here is able to give you a solid answer.

Another cost is parking, unless you're having someone drop you off it's cheaper to buy parking online.

Saw someone posted some survey markers around cyclone ........I mean, adrenaline alley

I’ve seen some survey stakes next to apocalypse for a few weeks but I can’t see what is written on them from my point of view. They could just be “job limits” or control points for the construction crew to calibrate the project to. This early into the project they won’t give too much insight to what’s going to be built if any. There is likely so much demo that needs to be done that there won’t be any stakes that show much.

When I was there today everything besides the bathroom was closed in cyclone bay. I can't remember the last time I saw the coaster candy store closed! I have a feeling they're gonna completely close off the area soon.

They are probably going to close the whole area off when the summer season is over, most likely to make last minute profits off the paid attractions. It seems much easier to have the area closed rather than have all those fences there.

I'm honestly surprised they tore out all those buildings in Cyclone Bay. If there's one thing I've noticed it's that this park really hates removing stuff (cf. the chunk of metro track near Crazanity, the old platform at the bottom of the hill for the transportation ride). So to see them just unceremoniously rip out buildings has me curious as to what they're about to do to that part of the park.