TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

• 2 weeks later...

Questions for you DL experts...

I recently bought a "value-day" ticket with idea of going to Disneyland on next Monday the 16th. However, I just found out the Matterhorn is closing on the 16th for a week of refurbishment. Thus, I'm considering changing my ticket to Sunday the 15th so I can get my rides on this historic coaster.

How bad would the crowds be on a Sunday? My thoughts were to go to the park on Sunday afternoon and stay til closing at midnight, with the hope that park weekend crowds would die down drastically on Sunday evening, especially late into the night.

Thoughts?

THANKS!

It's a regular day, as opposed to a value day. So, that tells me it will be more crowded. Its also the first Sunday of the new Pixar Fest promotion, so it's likely going to be quite busy.

But, really, if its the Matterhorn that matters to you, you're going to do it anyways, haha. When you get there, if you think the lines are long, you could always purchase Max Pass and that will slightly help you get on more rides.

^ Listen, it took me over forty years (truth!) and several visits to FINALLY ride even one side of the Matterhorn! Since 1975, and every visit since, the attraction had been down, usually for maintenance. And this was in the days before you could find out ahead of time in social media. Like now.

So, when I got back to the park in Sept.2016, my Early Morning was to Space Mountain first, and then immediately to

both sides of Matterhorn, lol! And after all these years.... the left side still kicks it up a bit more than the right side.

IMhO.

IMG_2112.JPG.d2e474245b27b8fdf6ed80b02fb48288.JPG

Loved it. But still.... Left Side > Right Side. (o: Sept.13, 2016.

Matterhorn's really great, and they have single rider lines for it, so it really doesn't matter how the lines are. In my experience, since they have 3 to a car, you get on pretty quickly in the single rider line.

^ And agreed, left side is where it's at!

I do not like Matterhorn as a coaster, at all. It's a great themed experience, and wonderfully has a single rider line, but it's rough and janky and jerky. I understand that Matterhorn is THE classic steel coaster, but I much prefer the similar Magic Kingdom Space Mountain.

You should absolutely do what it takes to get on Matterhorn, the first modern Steel Rollercoaster.

That said, I have it placed with SLC's at the very bottom of my coaster rankings. It was worse for me than Indiana Jones at Paris, probably the worst Disney coaster out there.

I appreciated the history of The Matterhorn, and was happy to finally get on it when I visited Disneyland. Unfortunately, it beat the crap out of my back, thus ruining the experience. But still definitely try to get on it.

That said, I have it placed with SLC's at the very bottom of my coaster rankings. It was worse for me than Indiana Jones at Paris, probably the worst Disney coaster out there.

Man I really do feel like I get dumber every time I read one of your posts.

Man I really do feel like I get dumber every time I read one of your posts.

“Do everything you can to ensure you ride what I place as, the worst Disney coaster in existance! You’ll regret not regretting it!”

Completely random DLR question:

Does anyone know if they are going to re-paint Incredicoaster (aka CA Screamin') as part of the overlay/refurbishment? I am excited for the theming changes to the ride, but would be disappointed if they didn't use this time to give it a nice, fresh coat of white paint. The last few times I rode on it, it was really looking drab and beat-up. As fun as the Incredibles additions will be, I sure hope they go all out and paint the whole thing.

Completely random DLR question:

Does anyone know if they are going to re-paint Incredicoaster (aka CA Screamin') as part of the overlay/refurbishment? I am excited for the theming changes to the ride, but would be disappointed if they didn't use this time to give it a nice, fresh coat of white paint. The last few times I rode on it, it was really looking drab and beat-up. As fun as the Incredibles additions will be, I sure hope they go all out and paint the whole thing.

I would assume that if the ride isn't covered in scaffolding by now, the answer is probably not. But they could also be waiting for other work to finish.

At some point, the coaster closes again for Flik's Flyers to make the journey over. Maybe they can paint the coaster then? That is a good observation that I had not thought of before, the drab paint in some sections. It will stand out a bit next to the scream tubes.

Here's a pic of the new Incredicoaster trains from the Disney Parks Blog website. IMO these trains look hideous. The blue/gray color looks flat out ugly and the painted on grill and idents makes the train look tacky and cluttered.

inc092384029384023984fi-624x352.jpg.9d683d22bbd18b95f09d2b9befb0b789.jpg

Here's a pic of the new Incredicoaster trains from the Disney Parks Blog website. IMO these trains look hideous. The blue/gray color looks flat out ugly and the painted on grill and idents makes the train look tacky and cluttered.

I can't say that I'm a fan of the design, either.

I've watched a recent Incredicoaster testing video and it sounds like they've replaced the old LIMs with brand new LSMs.

Looks to be the same janky brakes though!