Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 762: Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival report posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:33 pm

^ Potential misspelling of the band's name? :lol:

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby bachir » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 am

Family of 5 coming to BGT from MO so this might be a one and done trip for my family. We'd like to do everything and would hate to miss something because the lines were too long. We'll be there at the opening and leave at close. We're coming March 30, which is Good Friday. I suspect most schools are off.

Crowds? Willing to buck up for the limited QQ option. Or would Thursday be better? Longer hours on friday which is why we chose friday. Thanks

Postby coasterbill » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:13 am

Quick Queue Unlimited is pretty reasonable at Busch Tampa. You won't "need" it to ride everything, but it's guaranteed to help you on Stanley Falls and Cheetah Hunt and is likely to help you on other rides too (mainly Falcon's Fury, Scorpion and Cobra's Curse).

Thursday will be slightly less busy but even then you might want to spring for it depending on your tolerance for waiting in line / desire for re-rides. That said, my strategy for Busch Tampa is to always pick the day of my visit based on which day will have better weather. It's the worst of the major Florida parks in the rain by a mile. They don't have a single indoor ride (unless you could the carousel I guess). If the weather looks great both days, go Thursday if you're trying to avoid buying Quick Queue, go Friday if you think you'll end up buying it since you get an extra hour of park time.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 am

That day is part of Spring Break, meaning higher crowd levels, Easter Sunday in particular is one of the absolute busiest days of the year for all parks in FL.

Spring for the QQ Unlimited. It will absolutely be useful for Cheetah Hunt, Log Flume, Cobra's Curse, Scorpion and save a lot of time on Congo Rapids. It will probably help with Sheikra, Montu, and Sand Serpent as well.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby bachir » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Unlimited QQ is $79.99 on March 30. For my family of 5 that's $400 :shockr:

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am

bachir wrote:Unlimited QQ is $79.99 on March 30. For my family of 5 that's $400 :shockr:

Maybe your better off going to the 2 Fun Spots.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club
Joined April 21, 2017

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:29 pm

It shows as $71.99 when I looked it up. It still comes to $385.15 with tax. Welcome to Spring Break in Florida.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Srosdude » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:25 am

Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Dombot » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Srosdude wrote:Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!

Not to be a Coasterbill, but the skyride and the flume are must-rides. The skyride saves you some walking and gives off an awesome view of the animal habitats, and the flume is just straight up fun. Enjoy your trip! :)
1. Mako 2. Kumba 3. Cheetah Hunt 4. Space Mountain (WDW) 5. Mine Blower

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Dombot wrote:
Srosdude wrote:Hello all, I'm visiting the park this Friday. Other than the coasters and Falcon's Fury, are there any other attractions I should be sure not to miss? Thanks!

Not to be a Coasterbill, but the skyride and the flume are must-rides. The skyride saves you some walking and gives off an awesome view of the animal habitats, and the flume is just straight up fun. Enjoy your trip! :)

Thanks for saving me the trouble. Good work. :lol:

Also, ride the train from Nairobi (sort of between Cheetah Hunt and Pantopia) to the Congo (sort of near Kumba). Going that way means you go by the animals on the Serengeti plain, plus it saves you a ton of walking.

PS: Actually, the flume is down for refurb. Scratch that.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!