Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: hyyyper, larrygator and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:31 pm

SharkTums wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:I haven't seen too many reports on Space World, but I'd be interested in knowing how different Titan was before and after those new trains were added.

I'd be willing to bet they'd be more comfortable for riders who don't tighten their seat belt to the max, but like others have said, there are a variety of factors such as wind and capacity to consider. There's also cost. I love how Magnum almost never has a wait compared to the park's big 3 and doesn't go down even on windy days.

The trains were certainly more comfortable and felt less like a trashcan rolling down a hill, but they weren't glass smooth or anything.

Thanks! "Less like a trashcan rolling down a hill." Sounds like Titan was quite the ride. :lol:

One other thing I think could go a long way to making Magnum more comfortable while keeping the current trains would be to add some padding around those lap bars. Not sure if that's feasible or even an option.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:I mean buying some fairly cheap trains from a defunct park isn't the craziest idea I've ever heard, especially if S&S can manufacture a 3rd if they wanted.

Cedar Point is not in the habit of installing second-hand goods, so I don't so it happening to Magnum.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bill_s » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Those are cool looking trains though.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:05 am

larrygator wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:I mean buying some fairly cheap trains from a defunct park isn't the craziest idea I've ever heard, especially if S&S can manufacture a 3rd if they wanted.

Cedar Point is not in the habit of installing second-hand goods, so I don't so it happening to Magnum.

Well....except for the fact that almost all of the Planet Snoopy rides came from GL. As well as a lot of other things you might not notice like light poles from the area that was around Steel Venom at GL. So it's not like they've NEVER installed second hand goods from a closed park! :lmao:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:24 am

larrygator wrote:

Don't worry. Once Magnum has sunk enough, they'll relocate it to Dorney and they can use Titan's trains then.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:29 am

^ Poor Steel Force. :lmao:

I remember the operator at Magnum was openly mocking Steel Force during my last visit.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, El Toro
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Most Recent Trip Reports- New Reoma World

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby steamedturtle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:04 am

Quick platinum pass question:

Does it matter what park you purchase your pass / get it processed at? Is there any difference between a KI platinum pass and a CP platinum pass, or is it just a cedar fair platinum pass, and the benefits apply universally?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:14 am

steamedturtle wrote:Quick platinum pass question:

Does it matter what park you purchase your pass / get it processed at? Is there any difference between a KI platinum pass and a CP platinum pass, or is it just a cedar fair platinum pass, and the benefits apply universally?

Doesn't matter, and the benefits apply universally.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WolfBobs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 am

steamedturtle wrote:Quick platinum pass question:

Technically the only thing that matters is I believe you have to get a replacement pass at the park you originally purchased or processed at if you lose it. At least the disclaimers on the back say that but Guest Services would probably help you if a situation comes up. I've purchased passes on CP's website before and have processed at KI in years past.

While Platinum Pass benefits vary per park (early entry for example at some parks but not others), you are entitled to whatever pass benefit the park offers with the pass. Discounts are typically the same chain wide.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby steamedturtle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am

Thanks guys, appreciate it! The official website is pretty clear on this point, but I think it could be even more clear. And every website (KD vs CP for example) words the benefits of the platinum pass a little differently. For example, the KD website says "...at all Cedar Fair Parks across the country..." but I know CW is included too. I guess they don't expect people to travel around to most Cedar Fair parks, and I plan on going to 5 this season.

PreviousNext