TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

People realize that coaster supports are not supposed to be rigid, right? There would be a much larger problem with a roller coaster if a support couldn't withstand something like this, since they get abused on a daily basis just from the ride cycling...

People realize that coaster supports are not supposed to be rigid, right? There would be a much larger problem with a roller coaster if a support couldn't withstand something like this, since they get abused on a daily basis just from the ride cycling...

Joey. Seriously. What do you know that a Canadian high school armchair engineer doesn't know? I mean, not like you have worked around roller coasters your entire life or anything. This guy from Canada is going to SAVE THE RIDE for certain catastrophic doom! Whatever would we do without people on the internet pointing out obvious flaws that professionals would overlook?

He actually used the standing on a pop can analogy? HAHAHAHAHA!!!I'm guessing this tubing uses at least 1/4 inch thick steel. Notice the paint isn't chipped? Gerstlauer painted it after the dent, so the dent cleared engineering. What can you expect from a guy who lives in a country that thinks ham is bacon?

I think you're all just jealous this guy noticed the dent faster than those of you that feel it necessary to post an update about every bolt tightened on the ride..nice to know Gerslager or however you spell their name use only the finest of materials for their multi million dollar rides seeing as how someone pointed out they painted over this dent in the manufacturing process. If I were on the receiving end of those parts I'll tell them to stuff it...you all are pathetic and sound like a bunch of 10 year olds. Get a life coaster nerds, you all act so elite about your vast knowledge of how.many inversions and feet of track there are on the ride yet none of you have built a coaster either so SHUT UP already...

I think you're all just jealous this guy noticed the dent faster than those of you that feel it necessary to post an update about every bolt tightened on the ride..nice to know Gerslager or however you spell their name use only the finest of materials for their multi million dollar rides seeing as how someone pointed out they painted over this dent in the manufacturing process. If I were on the receiving end of those parts I'll tell them to stuff it...you all are pathetic and sound like a bunch of 10 year olds. Get a life coaster nerds, you all act so elite about your vast knowledge of how.many inversions and feet of track there are on the ride yet none of you have built a coaster either so SHUT UP already...

u-mad-1.jpg.12db987f4277e9dd4a39b9a6f63ca8b8.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but I saw the dent posted on a Facebook group last week, but I even I didn't post anything about it here because even I knew it wasn't a dig deal (and that's saying something). I knew that Knott's wasn't that incompetent, because even if it is an issue (and I don't think it is), I know that they are dealing with it even as we speak behind the scenes. Knott's and Cedar Fair are not going to allow the ride to open if they know it's dangerously compromised (which I don't think it is). Imagine the backlash if an entire section of roller coaster collapsed, Final Destination style, because they were too cheap to fix an honestly really cheap thing to fix. The company would go out of business and people would go to jail. NO. If and that's a big "IF" the dent is a problem then it won't be for long. So can we move on and....oooo look, Xcelerator is still down. I'd rather talk about that actually.