TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fuji-Q Highlands Discussion Thread

Bummer about the restraints, bummer about the loop, bummer about the poor footage, and bummer it's still at Fuji Q. On the plus side...that launch! Ugh! I wish I didn't like it so much.

I am soooo glad I got that credit back in what?....... 2007? Whew!*

*Before we then did the THREE HOUR+ WAIT for Eejanaika. Ugh.

J_03ThreeAmigos_Eejanaika_Fuji-QHigland.jpg.3f1042d24c029abe84ddbc5ad47f3388.jpg

Me, Mike & Peter. The Happiness on our faces. Before the Anxiety and Angst and Longing.

TPR 2007 Japan Tour. In the Eejanaika queue.

This link is claiming that Dododonpa now reaches 180 km/h in 1.56 seconds, accelerating at 3.75G...Compare that to Kingda Ka with 1.6G accelerating.... Holy Shit

Finally! I get to be "that guy" again! YEE-ESS!

The 3.75G is probably the positives at the bottom of the loop. 180 km/h is 50 m/s, in 1.8 seconds, that's about 2.83 G accelerating. Still bonkers crazy.

This link is claiming that Dododonpa now reaches 180 km/h in 1.56 seconds, accelerating at 3.75G...Compare that to Kingda Ka with 1.6G accelerating.... Holy Shit

Finally! I get to be "that guy" again! YEE-ESS!

The 3.75G is probably the positives at the bottom of the loop. 180 km/h is 50 m/s, in 1.8 seconds, that's about 2.83 G accelerating. Still bonkers crazy.

But it's now 1.56 seconds, not 1.8. The linear acceleration is 3.3g for these values (180km/h, 1.56 sec), but as gerstlaueringvar said, there is most likely a jerk at the beginning.

Despite the changes in both speed and time being minimal, if my math is correct the launch has been upgraded to 120% of its original strength.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have experience with using the park's fast pass system? If so, is it reasonable to expect that with early hotel-guest arrival (8:30am), we might be able to nab morning or even early afternoon fast pass time slots before the general public starts to enter the park at 9am? We're not sure if the fast pass office is open during early admission or not, but we want to at least be in line for it when it does.

The reason for our urgency: Unfortunately, we have to leave Fuji by 4 pm and cannot rearrange our trip to maximize time at the park -- but we're nonetheless hellbent on getting on those four coasters. (Can you blame us?) If it helps, we're going on Wednesday, August 23 (after the holiday/festival). Thanks for any advice you might have.

Does anyone have experience with using the park's fast pass system? If so, is it reasonable to expect that with early hotel-guest arrival (8:30am), we might be able to nab morning or even early afternoon fast pass time slots before the general public starts to enter the park at 9am? We're not sure if the fast pass office is open during early admission or not, but we want to at least be in line for it when it does.

From memory as soon as the early entry opens people start to line up. Then they open the office a few minutes before the park opens.

As we didn't know any Japanese we prepared the rides/time we wanted on a printout. This made the process much easier for us.

End of July after a holiday, I was able to get return times for all major coasters by noon with general admission at opening (plus an extra Dodonpa and Eejanaika slot mid afternoon a few hours after opening), but I can't say for if sure the same will hold for August. Even if it ends up being a lot busier, having early access should make getting decent return times a lot easier.

If it helps I lost my debit card on my 1st trip and so couldn't use fast pass and still got the 4 coasters plus the mouse and a few flat rides in. Just choose one and hit it at the start. I did Dodonpa first due to those tiny trains and found that Takashiba and Eejenaka kind of held steady at 50-70 mins all day. Fujiyama hit 30 minutes but they decided that meant switching to 1 train so it rose back up in the afternoon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I recently got back from a trip to Tokyo, and I got a bus to experience Fuji-Q for a day.

This was my first time, and I really enjoyed it.

It was my first ride of a 4D Coaster, and it may be my favourite coaster... ever. It has the new S&S trains on it - i'd seen Robbs POV of it and it sounded like he hated it - but that had the old Arrow-style trains on.

Very intense, but felt smooth enough and I loved it!

I also rode Do-dodonpa with the new loop, that ride is crazy - the launch is so intense, and the entry to the loop is so forceful because of the speed.

Takabisha was a great example of a Gerstlaurer, and Fujiyama was a pleasant surprise, my first TOGO and I thought it was a solid coaster.

EDIT: Also the operations are as bad as everyone says, but we rode everything and got re-rides on a few coasters fine - we visited midweek and arrived after opening and left before closing. It's possible!

Great report! I don't see too many pictures from this park with perfectly clear skies.

Hopefully when American Dream gets the Takabisha clone, the whole ride can be completely smooth like the second half.

I believe the American Dream clone will naturally be smoother for longer since it is indoors and not exposed to the elements. Isn't SpongeBob generally regarded as one of the smoother Eurofighters for that reason? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, nice photos! I think I'm in the minority that actually enjoys Eejanaika's new colors. I like two tones of black.

Thank you for your review and visiting Japan.I am Japanese.

Your review is great!

I definitely like Fuji-Q high land (especially Eejanaika,Dododonpa,Fujiyama,Takabisha)

I went there this summer and there are so so many people.

Eejanaika feel me to be so danger for body but so funny.

Anyway you can get fast pass online before you go there.

https://www.fujiq.jp/ticket/howto/

If you could not understand how to buy fast pass tickets let me know.

I hope to come back to Japan.

Enjoy!

Great pictures Jake! I watched a POV of Dodonpa, and you can definitely see where the ride does this weird little flat turns before and after the loop to compensate for the lateral movement of the loop instead of just a straight piece of track.

Thank you for your review and visiting Japan.I am Japanese.

Your review is great!

I definitely like Fuji-Q high land (especially Eejanaika,Dododonpa,Fujiyama,Takabisha)

I went there this summer and there are so so many people.

Eejanaika feel me to be so danger for body but so funny.

Anyway you can get fast pass online before you go there.

https://www.fujiq.jp/ticket/howto/

If you could not understand how to buy fast pass tickets let me know.

I hope to come back to Japan.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this life saving link! I’ll definitely purchase my fast pass before I visit Fuji-Q in the future!

I would like to have some advice how to buy the fastpass online?

........especially why there is no availability from January until June?

I tried testing it out for Dec. 15 for Fujiyama and it showed up. I tried it for the 18th and it came up with a message saying along the lines that you can only purchase the ticket 3 days from your visit until until 30 minutes before your ride. You do need a Yahoo Japan account to attach tickets to and purchase from (and the credit card supposedly has to be domestically issued, so I guess you have to have a credit card issued in Japan but I'm not 100% sure on it) and it looks like they send the ticket to your smartphone and they scan it off of the phone at the park.

The next time I go back, I'll see if I can do this and book something. If not, at least this can be an indicator on possibly finding out how busy the park is before you visit. For example, I put in the available pass times for 12/14 for Do-DoDonpa and it shows 11 tickets remaining for 10am to 11am, then it goes to 22, then 30 (which is I guess the max available for the ride) for much of the day, then down to 15 for the last time of the day. The number of tickets they sell per ride seem to fluctuate depending on the ride and time of day (Fujiyama sells 25 for the first time slot, then up to 50 for the rest of the day, then down to 25 for the last time).

While we are also on the topic of newly discovered things at Fuji-Q, they apparently have a club-like program that you can sign up for and earn points for each visit you go to the park. You then can earn rewards after so many visits and points collected. To sign up you do need a Japanese email address for this as well and have to wait to be notified that you're enrolled. I don't remember seeing another park do something like this and I am pretty sure we'd be Platinum members at our local parks if they did! https://www.fujiq.jp/ticket/clubfujiq.html

• 2 months later...

Fuji-Q's Facebook recently announced some new single rider options (personal translation):

An announcement for Valentine's and White Day! [We will have] single rider on Fujiyama and Takabisha! Single riders should use the special "Single Smart Free Pass" to enjoy Fuji-Q!!

Original Japanese:

バレンタイン&ホワイトデー記念!

FUJIYAMA・高飛車でシングルライダー!おひとりさま専用「シングルスマートフリーパス」で富士急を楽しもう!!