TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Regarding Shipwreck Falls, I don't think they would have designed their version of the "Holiday Magic" show to fit it if they planned to remove it the following season.

The show can be moved (it's pretty half assed compared to the Great Adventure and St. Louis versions) but it's still sized for that ride and the plaza is a perfect spot for it.

Regarding Blizzard River, the clue seems too obvious but it sucks and I hope they remove it.

Why have the first clue in Chesapeake if it is PBR? Walking out from behind the PBR is just too obvious. I think a ride is going but whoever is putting these up got into the FF costumes and isn't putting much thought into it. We're being trolled.

I was really hoping for a new coaster or flat ride, but this seems like a water park addition with a water park slide being removed (maybe zoomazon falls) OR a water park addition with the removal of penguin and the addition of a flat ride

I am 100% in favor of a potential Thunder Rapids like addition since we have nothing like that in VA or around DC. The closest water coaster currently is in Ocean City. I do admit I was hoping for an S&S Free Spin, or Zamperla Giant Discovery but like most disappointing additions I will survive.

I am 100% in favor of a potential Thunder Rapids like addition since we have nothing like that in VA or around DC.

Hershey is adding one for 2018 (though, I guess that's only a factor if you are more on the Maryland/PA side of the park and not the DC/VA side)...

Yes I am excited for that to happen as well. Hershey is a 3-4 hour drive from me where SFA is a 1-57,392 hour drive from me (since it requires driving from Fredericksburg up I-95). But the drive to SFA is a lot easier to do in a day.

I feel like the sign in the water park nails down that the addition will be in the water park. "Tide" can simply be a word used in the new name.

Looking only at the captions our clues are "disappear" and "forever". "Air" just made a poor rhyme for disappear. "1st" could be a clue but 1st of its kind in MD leaves a lot of possibilities.

We are always warned that the rainforest is disappearing and when it is gone it is gone forever. ZoomAzon falls predates WW before being rethemed to the Amazon rainforest in 2011.

I'm just wondering what the hourly capacity would be for a watercoaster? (If one does come to SFA, I'd say make it green so it can zoom fast! . . . . or maybe call it the Chesapeake Cooldown Coaster and paint in the colors of the Maryland state flag [red/white/black/gold])

As for Zoomazon Falls . . . . I like when all four slides race each other

I'm surprised no one has thought about the possibility of King Chaos and a water park addition.

um....I posted this on the last page...

Water park addition and a flat? What is this place...Great Adventure or Magic Mountain?

King Chaos is being removed at SF Great America...there's your flat ride...lol

While it may have been in a sarcastic tone, I still posted it.