TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Yeah it also says something about Metropolis. Sorry, I'm at work and multitasking LOL.

Well this is good news if it means something is coming to that area. I really was thinking it would be a waterpark addition for next year but maybe they are full steam ahead on getting Old Country completely filled out.

My guess is they'll knock down the old Autobahn building and put this new attraction there to complete Metropolis. Just glad we finally have some sort of teaser.

Also, did anyone see the teaser in the most recent e-mail that they are announcing something at 2:45 on Monday to co-incide with the eclipse? Makes mention of darkness, so my guess is that is something to do with Fright Fest.

Edited by Genx24

Question - Is the hike back to Zumanjaro as ridiculously long as it looks in a satellite view? It looks like a quarter mile out and quarter mile back, lol

Yes.

That seems like a ton of walking to demand out of your average Joe for one ride

It's a ridiculous distance, but there's a great ride at the end, so it's worth the hike IMO.

^ It's actually pretty messed up in that respect, because it obviously just keeps looking bigger and bigger as you walk back. Great ride though, always worth the walk back imo.

^ I've had at least two friends that I can think of off the top of my head get back to the little plaza right before the covered part of the queue where you're looking right up at it and then bow out. Wouldn't go any further.

^ It would certainly fit right in that spot.

I'm at the point where I really hope it is just because it'll piss so many people off. It'll just be a bonus if they market it as a coaster.

I finally got to ride Zumanjaro in May and the park was deserted. My walk back was all by myself with no one to be seen. When I finally made it all the way back to the station I was greeted by a ton of ops and no one else riding. I was the only one on for my cycle. Getting hoisted 415' into the air all by myself was nerve wracking. I thought I was going to die all by myself. When it finally dropped I couldn't believe how long the free fall was. That drop goes on FOREVER! A truly outstanding drop tower. When it finally hit the brakes there was still no one waiting, and the ops let me ride AGAIN all by myself.

It'll just be a bonus if they market it as a coaster.

A Skywarp is way more of a coaster than a Super Loop.

Also, CALLED IT!

Guys! Guys guys guys! What if, hear me out...what if it's a Skywarp with, wait for it...CRAZY COUCHES AS THE TRAIN!

The gyroscope clue makes me think it will be some kind of flat ride that spins. Are there any protype coasters out there that includes spinning cars? Maybe I am taking the gyroscope part too literally and it will just be a Skywarp. Hopefully we get a few more clues leading up to the announcement.

Has anyone bought one of these yet?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

That's exactly what I was thinking when the question was asked. I don't think that I've seen anyone else with this yet. If they go this route hopefully they have the turntable or side to side loading platform for capacity at least. Turntable would seem to be the option to cut down on ops.

BTW, if this is the addition then SDC's addition blows it away.

Edited by Sluggo77

Has anyone bought one of these yet?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Don't believe so. It checks all the boxes based on the clues:

-Gyroscope=spinning.

-Accelerometer=launched.

-Seems like an affordable option with multiple gimmicky selling points.

-Can be cloned easily.

-Can fit in a small footprint.

I would MUCH prefer this to a Skywarp. It would give an already diverse-lineup more variety. I would prefer our next coaster to be more traditional given just last year we got a coaster with spinning cars and a very basic layout. It would also likely knock us out of the RMC sweepstakes until 2020. Still, it would be a very welcome addition to fill out Metropolis.

I wouldn't mind one of these Mack spinners at all. I hate spinning but I see the all the positives. Its a worlds first (apparently?). Its an actual coaster compared to a Skywarp, so that helps the sobbing enthusiast problem, and it would offer some variety to a park that has a little bit of everything in the coaster dept already.

And while its low capacity, its about the same as Joker which has mostly manageable waits if you know what days to avoid going to the park. This would fit in Old Country across from JLBFM and would round out that area well. And it would likely be open for HITP.

I really hope that whatever is coming, its going there. The more new rides farther away from El Toro the better.