TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Twisted Colossus is far and away the best ride at Magic Mountain, no question about it. It seems personal preference takes over after that, since opinions vary widely on Goliath and several other rides.

This would be my top 5:

1. Twisted Colossus

2. Goliath

3. Tatsu

4. Ninja

5. Lex Luthor

Twisted Colossus is far and away the best ride at Magic Mountain, no question about it. It seems personal preference takes over after that, since opinions vary widely on Goliath and several other rides.

I even vacillate on TC being at the top of my own list of favorites there. I like the ride very much, but I find that TC, Goliath, and FT (my other favorite there) all play different roles. While TC is a very smooth ride, it still flings you around a great deal—and that's one of RMC's less-appealing characteristics for this particular rider (NTAG is my favorite out of the three RMCs I've ridden as it's more traditional in style)—whereas Goliath and FT are pure enjoyment/fun. If I were to rank them, I'd place FT first and TC and Goliath in joint second place. Ninja and pre-2013 Apocalypse would be fourth and fifth I think. Different strokes!

Even after visiting seven new parks on the East Coast a few weeks ago, TC is still in my top 3. It's an incredible ride and I'm so happy we finally have some ejector air in So Cal. In terms of SFMM itself, it's interesting to see how everyone's top 5 at the park tends to differ other than TC. Mine is TC, X2, Full Throttle, Tatsu, and Batman in that order.

When you get over being jerked around like a rag doll... Revolution still has (what I think to be) the most beautiful layout in the park. (if you can ignore the VR debacle).

Intensity is overrated. (Don't get me wrong, I like that too.)

If anyone's interested, since the temperature is high (As the past few days have been), the VR on Revolution might not be used to prevent the phones from overheating. If anyone feels like dealing with the heat, you can ride it all day without waiting more than a few minutes per ride.