TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That's great to hear. I'm glad they treated you guys so well and I'm glad the bartender learned his lesson without losing his job over it. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and still believe that he very likely had good intentions and just made a mistake in how he handled it. Maybe not, but I don't want to jump on the guy and make assumptions. He screwed up but it sounds like he knows that.

As for the guy who mad the comment, hopefully the park cracks down on that type of behavior a little more. They have a large security team and their own mini-police department. They should be removing these types of people from the park since they absolutely have the manpower to do it.

***Update***

Appreciate the kind words from everyone here. I received a call from Tony Aaron, Director of Food Services, this morning, he was extremely apologetic and went above and beyond in terms of an apology and response to the situation. Cedar Point handled this with class and a true A+ in customer service. He offered to bring my boyfriend and I back for free and include fast lane and water park access. I doubt I'll be able to make it back this year due to work so he said he'd extend the invite to return to any year we can make it back. Very classy response. They identified the employee and spoke to him, and he ralyed the info that the employee felt terrible about the situation and immediately knew what he had done was a mistake.

Glad to hear that your negative experience has such a positive outcome. Enjoy your return trip and rides on Mean Streak 2.0!

***Update***

Appreciate the kind words from everyone here. I received a call from Tony Aaron, Director of Food Services, this morning, he was extremely apologetic and went above and beyond in terms of an apology and response to the situation. Cedar Point handled this with class and a true A+ in customer service. He offered to bring my boyfriend and I back for free and include fast lane and water park access. I doubt I'll be able to make it back this year due to work so he said he'd extend the invite to return to any year we can make it back. Very classy response. They identified the employee and spoke to him, and he ralyed the info that the employee felt terrible about the situation and immediately knew what he had done was a mistake.

I think we can all agree (except maybe Chicken) that the park handled this extremely well. I hope you get a much better experience on your next visit. Well done Cedar Point!

I imagine track work is going to slow once they catch up to the current point where the ledgers end. It will be interesting to watch them lift pieces up and over the structure.

***Update***

They handled it perfectly, good to hear.

I think we can all agree (except maybe Chicken) that the park handled this extremely well.

Are you serious? What is wrong with you people? Of course I think the park handled this amazingly, but it was still after the fact - They admitted they made a mistake, good on them. It's still awful that it got to this point and wasn't resolved right after it happened.

***Update***

Excellent, Glad they took care of you. The world we live in is in a sad state.

***Update***

Glad to hear about the actions the park took to rectify the situation! Hopefully it's able to turn your boyfriend's opinion of the park back around.

I think we can all agree (except maybe Chicken) that the park handled this extremely well.

Are you serious? What is wrong with you people? Of course I think the park handled this amazingly, but it was still after the fact - They admitted they made a mistake, good on them. It's still awful that it got to this point and wasn't resolved right after it happened.

This post is like the definition of passive-aggressive.

I've got a question to change the subject and it's one I've been wondering about for a week or so... how has the new metal detector system been working? We heard a ton of complaining when they announced it but since the park opened it's barely been discussed.

I would assume that this is a good thing and it's being done efficiently since I've heard no complaints, am I correct in that assumption? How is this working at the resort gate where they have to work through a line that's hundreds of people deep every morning for Early Entry?

I've got a question to change the subject and it's one I've been wondering about for a week or so... how has the new metal detector system been working? We heard a ton of complaining when they announced it but since the park opened it's barely been discussed.

I would assume that this is a good thing and it's being done efficiently since I've heard no complaints, am I correct in that assumption? How is this working at the resort gate where they have to work through a line that's hundreds of people deep every morning for Early Entry?

When I went to Carowinds a few weeks ago, it was a nightmare. Everything was in disarray and they only had a handful of detectors being used, but you couldn't tell that from the lines. So you could get in line at a set of detectors that had 3 being used, or you could get in line for a set with only 1 being used. You wouldn't know until you gauged how well the line was moving. KD was using almost all of the detectors, but there were, as usual, not in much of a hurry. However, KI seemed to be doing a little bit better when I was there and was funneling people in a bit more efficiently. Can't comment on CP.

Times to get in to each park at open on a weekend

Carowinds - 20-25 min

KD - 15-20 min

KI - <5 min

***Update***

glad to hear they responded, and did so with a solution. (nice to see they were able to identify the employee and have a talk with him).

again, sorry you had to go thru it at all, but glad there was some response (and an even more personalized one that I had been expecting).

Quick, someone bring up the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo situation!

Since Elissa brought up the suggestion, that we get back to those l-o-c-k e-r-s....

I have questions about them. I know there are all day l-o-c-k e-r-s at the front gate.

And I have the list of coasters that have their own "limited time" storage bins in front.

Questions: If you use one of the bins at a coaster for say, 4 hours, can you take stuff out,

and/or put stuff back into them? Or once you open it again, is that it for using them?

And are there still any coasters with storage bins on the exit side of the train on the platform?

I remember finding this out at Goliath in SFMM, after I put $ into a bin at the entrance gate.

Then I went through that long long queue, and then found out I could of put my stuff on the

exit side, in a bin.

Any kind of a list would be great, thanks. (Planning in advance for CoasterMania! and CP in June)

Been to the park twice, entered through the main gate and I have had no issues. The sensitivity is pretty low and you're allowed to keep change and keys in your pocket. Pretty much only cellphones or large metal objects seem to set it off. I typically still just throw my keys and phone in the bin and walk through.

One unexpected perk is that it does reduce waits at the actual entrance to have your ticket or pass scanned since the line is at the check point. I think the longest I've waited to go through the check point is 5 minutes.

Please just don't do what I witnessed at Carowinds and have a group of guys try to skip to the front of security because they were Platinum Pass holders...

Quick, someone bring up the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo situation!

Since Elissa brought up the suggestion, that we get back to those l-o-c-k e-r-s....

I have questions about them. I know there are all day l-o-c-k e-r-s at the front gate.

And I have the list of coasters that have their own "limited time" storage bins in front.

Questions: If you use one of the bins at a coaster for say, 4 hours, can you take stuff out,

and/or put stuff back into them? Or once you open it again, is that it for using them?

And are there still any coasters with storage bins on the exit side of the train on the platform?

I remember finding this out at Goliath in SFMM, after I put $ into a bin at the entrance gate.

Then I went through that long long queue, and then found out I could of put my stuff on the

exit side, in a bin.

Any kind of a list would be great, thanks. (Planning in advance for CoasterMania! and CP in June)

Hey Bill - I have attached the l o c k e r rates for your reference (which you've probably already seen). I believe that you can load/unload during that duration of time, but you might want to ask before your purchase to be sure. What I am not sure of is if they have gone to the scanner bracelets at the rides or still have the old fashioned keys.

And not to beat a dead horse here, but I am EXTREMELY happy to hear that CP handled the situation with our gay poster in the manner that they did. That is true class, professionalism & customer service at it's best.

Not entirely surprising being that it's CP, but it just cements my belief that it really is one of the finest amusement park in the world (or at least they will be once they complete "you know what" at the back of the park!).

Capture.thumb.JPG.7bbe1e44f8e5c99039013d42fcdbb02f.JPG

^ Thanks Phil. Yeah, with the information I already know, I figure we'll plan

as we go along through the weekend, Bert and I. And in the end, we might just

put stuff back in the room at the hotel, then venture back out, etc.

Or we'll just end up trying all of the loc - ker$ around the park, lol.

Wonderful words Elissa, and beyond glad to hear CP resolved the issue in such superb fashion. I would expect nothing less, I may be a CP fan boy but for reasons like this. Glad all has worked out well. Lockers eh? So what is the deal with lockers now at CP? At Universal Studios they were a nightmare. Dont tell me CP is doing the mandatory locker at each ride thing.

^ That's what I was essentially asking about, before. Whether there are still (if any)

storage bins on the load-unload platform itself, exit side? Of any of the coasters in the park?

For safety reasons, purses, backpacks, beverage containers or any other loose articles may not be taken on the following rides: Blue Streak, Lolli Swings, Snoopy Bounce, Woodstock Express, Cedar Downs, Corkscrew, Gemini, Kite Eating Tree, Maverick, maXair, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, Prof. Delbert's Frontier Fling, Skyhawk, SlingShot, Super Himalaya, Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister, Witches' Wheel and Woodstock's Airmail. These items may be left in a locker, your vehicle, with a non-rider, or at the owner's risk on the ride platform. However, Cedar Point is not responsible for items lost, damaged or stolen.

Valravn, Rougarou, GateKeeper, Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster: Loose articles of any kind including purses, backpacks, beverage containers, etc., may not be taken past the entrance, or in line and may not be left on the ride platform. Cell phones or other small items must be secured in cargo pockets or waist packs. All loose items not able to be stored in cargo pockets or waist packs must be left in a locker or with a non-rider prior to entering the line.

Glasses must be secured with an athletic strap on Valravn, GateKeeper, Maverick, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

Loose items may be secured by the rider inside the ride unit on all rides not listed above.

For safety reasons, taking pictures, videotaping and filming on rides are prohibited. Picture taking is permitted on the C.P. & L.E. Railroad.

Loose articles are defined as cell phones, keys, hats, cameras, stuffed animals, umbrellas, beverage containers, personal entertainment devices, purses, backpacks, etc. If you have any questions about our Loose Article Policy, please call 419-627-2301.

^ Thanks Phil. Yeah, with the information I already know, I figure we'll plan

as we go along through the weekend, Bert and I. And in the end, we might just

put stuff back in the room at the hotel, then venture back out, etc.

Or we'll just end up trying all of the loc - ker$ around the park, lol.

Wait you guys are staying @ Breakers, right? From the parks resort entrance to your hotel door is 5 minute walk, no exaggeration. When we stayed @ Breakers we didn't bring anything in but phones and wallets. You can pop back to the hotel really easily anytime you need to in no time from either the resort entrance or the Windseeker entrance. We had the fridge and a cooler stocked with drinks and snacks and were in the park both days early entry-to-10pm close and popped back to the room a number of times both days because it was so close (and saved $ on food and drinks in the process). To be honest, unless you have a ton of essentials you *need* to have on you, I wouldn't even worry about lockers at all.

I really don't think I could ever go to CP and not stay @ Breakers. It's like staying right inside the park.

^ Very cool to know! With all those not-to-scale-maps available to see, the distance between things

really isn't accurate, of course. So this is great, Thanks!

Yeah thank god the Universal ones were free, it would've gone from super annoying to enraging. So CP charges for these lockers you have to use I assume?

I didnt risk bringing anything on with me because they seemed intense, I mean had metal detectors in the lines, I figured zipped pockets would be fine and long as I'm not holding the phone or making it obvious they'd let it go/not notice. Now Im not sure I want to risk that.

Such a pain.

It's because of the stupid idiotic imbeciles taking their phones out of their zippered pockets after the train leaves the station.

That's what I figured. Sigh. And as we know, total scam. These l-o-c-k-e-r-s cost $ at CP? For our safety...I have been on the tallest, fastest, intense and airtime filled rides and only ever lost a phone once, ironically on Phoenix and my fault for having shallow pockets. Because of people trying to take vids/a way to make us buy lockers we have to deal with this now.

So serious question, I bring just a wallet phone and keys. Is it worth just keeping them in zipped pockets, not drawing any attention to it, and going on line? That official CP line sounds like you could, but all you make it seem they like they may question you.

This is good to know at least, better to prep then be caught off guard day of and extra annoyed