TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm guessing they meant April 28, not May 28. But aside from that, that's a nice gesture. I had a similar experience where many attractions were closed, and they sent me an extra BFF use for a day not listed on the usual BFF dates. So yes, they may actually be stepping up their customer service!

Hey, I'm heading to SFMM on June 11, gold flash pass, on a seasons pass. I have one day at the park. How should I plan my day? How do I get X2 on my flash pass? There wasn't an option online. The FP doesn't cover JL:BFM, Superman, New Revolution, or, as of yet, X2.

Magic mountain has said "viper isnt going anywhere"....theres never gonna be a giga, they will never expand the park , just keep getting half rollercoaters, carnival rides and flats for a while

I've heard this too... But exactly who is "Magic Mountain"? Because if "Magic Mountain" isn't someone from corporate ho helps make these decisions, I'd take that info with a grain of salt.

Many of you may have wondered, "Where's Superman?!", while visiting DC Universe. Yes, there's a ride dedicated to Superman, but before today you could not get a photo taken with "The Man of Steel" himself! Six Flags Magic Mountain finally has Superman in DC Universe and he arrived today with a lot of fanfare!

s1.thumb.JPG.fbf54dfcc965a8547c78056a23d1513f.JPG

In case you forgot where we are.

s2.thumb.JPG.895986da19678b8e94d6cff44e0d4375.JPG

All decked out for Superman's arrival.

s3.thumb.JPG.1a8dd1d00a663de71dde9acfafb115b4.JPG

Super balloons.

s4.thumb.JPG.5a255a8000e0f57cf6d7a0193dec8d9f.JPG

Hyping the crowd.

s5.thumb.JPG.858aa0fe1f19707ba87e27ce8a2a2dde.JPG

Are you ready for Superman!

si1.thumb.JPG.13d8b3ecc5cfde4ecdaab4566a9e207e.JPG

Kaa-BOOM!

si2.thumb.JPG.0aee0e1614930c4ceb07a57f068e1ab9.JPG

Look, up on the stage, it's a bird, it's a...

si3.thumb.JPG.a392ae357bae26ff55ea6598bb146363.JPG

It's Superman!

si4.thumb.JPG.5ac04345b9a6840eb9ba81fb3a7c6690.JPG

"I'm Superman."

sp1.thumb.JPG.dc25eb0aec1392ac06642c303abd727d.JPG

Sup's ready for pictures.

sp2.thumb.JPG.061d761af612e8044687a53476043244.JPG

Kids love Superman!

sp3.thumb.JPG.fe7e39537bc5692484aa36f402f5c03f.JPG

My girls snuck in for a picture.

sp4.thumb.JPG.66f7429247999e6c9cd3a198180b768d.JPG

Line got long fast.

sp5.thumb.JPG.3d73ea063f70f42acc43db4f23d09221.JPG

Fire Department might be the real superhero's here.

sp6.thumb.JPG.53883837d43a86b01d2ca9922e8a51cd.JPG

I'm Superman!

sp7.thumb.JPG.04c9adad548910e6cffdfe5541f3389b.JPG

Dance contest to get the Superman party rolling.

sp8.thumb.JPG.f1f3ee4b6068076fff064ff8032ab127.JPG

Party crasher, reminds me of the Lego Batman Movie.

sp9.thumb.JPG.a6c917db8012208b73f5fca43278f74f.JPG

"Na na na na na na na na....BATMAN!!! Your here to see me right?"

And, thanks Six Flags Magic Mountain for the invite, Superman is an awesome addition to the character line up!

Many of you may have wondered, "Where's Superman?!", while visiting DC Universe. Yes, there's a ride dedicated to Superman, but before today you could not get a photo taken with "The Man of Steel" himself! Six Flags Magic Mountain finally has Superman in DC Universe and he arrived today with a lot of fanfare!

thumb_sp1_1.jpg

At least he is some what good looking!! . . . Nothing is worse than an ugly Superman.

^ I love how the "muscles" don't quite fit with the arms, LOL!

But he does look like a sweetie. Hopefully, his real body

is "nothing to hide," etc.

(And that's my hope and nothing more.)

^ I love how the "muscles" don't quite fit with the arms, LOL!

But he does look like a sweetie. Hopefully, his real body

is "nothing to hide," etc.

(And that's my hope and nothing more.)

I like the way you think!

^ Thanks! But for myself, I am hoping they keep with what

Jason Momoa will bring to my woofy character, Aquaman.

As an in-park character I mean.

Woof.

Aquaman-James-Momoa-645x370.jpg.f3469ec773ff8221764d77ae3d2e296d.jpg

Yeah. This is my <3. And note he went from the standard blonde to black/dark brown. (Pardon for the sidebar.)

AquaManJasonMimosa.jpg.8e807a3d04e94afc46e5e15fdff3558d.jpg

And then there's the poster, itself. (o:

Do you have to be a member of Club TPR to attend WCB? I live near SFMM and want to hang out with y'all when you come out here.

No you do not! In the past Club TPR has gotten you either discounted or early access tickets, but anyone who's a member of the site in good standing can attend. The only event that requires Club TPR is Coaster Mania, as that event (not run by TPR) requires you be a member of a recognized coaster club, of which Club TPR is (the best) one.

Do you have to be a member of Club TPR to attend WCB? I live near SFMM and want to hang out with y'all when you come out here.

No you do not! In the past Club TPR has gotten you either discounted or early access tickets, but anyone who's a member of the site in good standing can attend. The only event that requires Club TPR is Coaster Mania, as that event (not run by TPR) requires you be a member of a recognized coaster club, of which Club TPR is (the best) one.

Good to know, thanks!

The Riddler's Revenge repaint has begun. The Coaster Guy posted this picture on his Facebook page...

18156637_1306041246097616_3021356883295602512_o.thumb.jpg.bcd1314d80b81f652b5336dce13253a8.jpg

Can you rent a car?? That honestly probably be your best bet.

Probably not as it would only be my brother and I. We both have drivers licences but we are from Australia so I do not know how we'd go driving.

Mate, you'll be cool with a car. Trust me, done it on my last 3 visits, so much easier. Whilst doing everything opposite to what you're used too sounds a bit daunting, it doesn't take too long at all to get used too. Took me all of 500m and once you're in traffic, it's no different.

Just don't hire a car by walking up to a rental place and doing over the counter. You will be rorted, especially in insurance fees. Shoot me a PM if you want any tips on hiring a car, it certainly is a good way to move about LA.

I'm trying to organise my next trip in March 2018. We'll definately be doing MM again, only managed one ride on TC last year and ended up leaving early cos we were feeling a bit crook (flu).

Good to know, thanks!

The Riddler's Revenge repaint has begun. The Coaster Guy posted this picture on his Facebook page...

[attachment=0]18156637_1306041246097616_3021356883295602512_o.jpg[/attachment]

Ugh. I know it's not done, but up to this point it looks TERRIBLE.

Where, I ask you WHERE has yellow EVER been associated with the Riddler? Google the Riddler and there is not 1 image of it.

Yellow and green is not a bad color scheme. There are fantastic coasters, such as Cheetah Hunt, that have this color scheme. However, THAT is the problem. I can't picture anything but an African / tropical themed ride when I see rides painted in these colors. The last thing that this resembles is a Gotham City super villain. There are even building facades in the Riddler's footprint and my mind is still falsely associating the colors to something tropical.

IMO the only reasoning behind the new different colored paint job is a "Different Coaster" vibe to the people that don't know a thing about the rides and visit every couple years, and won't recognize it. Conveniently done in a "new" area that they'll be presenting with the new indoor ride.

A fresh black support and green track paint job would have looked phenomenal.

I would be enamoured to know who in the Six Flags industry makes these kinds of decisions.

Can you rent a car?? That honestly probably be your best bet.

Probably not as it would only be my brother and I. We both have drivers licences but we are from Australia so I do not know how we'd go driving.

Mate, you'll be cool with a car. Trust me, done it on my last 3 visits, so much easier. Whilst doing everything opposite to what you're used too sounds a bit daunting, it doesn't take too long at all to get used too. Took me all of 500m and once you're in traffic, it's no different.

Just don't hire a car by walking up to a rental place and doing over the counter. You will be rorted, especially in insurance fees. Shoot me a PM if you want any tips on hiring a car, it certainly is a good way to move about LA.

I'm trying to organise my next trip in March 2018. We'll definately be doing MM again, only managed one ride on TC last year and ended up leaving early cos we were feeling a bit crook (flu).

Turns out I'm not going to MM this year, Going to Orlando instead but looking at going in Feb, What are the crowds like mid feb? My only problem is that i'm still young early 20's so the car rental adds up very expensive.

A fresh black support and green track paint job would have looked phenomenal.

Yes, I much prefer the old color scheme. IMO, they should have gone with green track and purple supports (similar to the new Joker coasters); it would have looked better than green and yellow, and fit in with the Riddler theming.