TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How likely is Formula Rossa to be open?

synnfusion

Hello, I was just wondering how often Formula Rossa is closed. Also, if it's going to be closed for planned maintenance, how early is it posted on the Ferrari World website? Also, how often does some mechanical failure occur so that it will be closed for several days? I will be in Abu Dhabi from March 12 through the 17 pretty much exclusively for the purpose of riding Formula Rossa and I've bought an expensive plane ticket. After doing some research, it seems that recently its annual maintenance is done around Ramadan time which isn't until June, but I'm still extremely paranoid of random mechanical failures lasting several days, other spur of the moment preventative maintenance periods, etc. Could you (or anyone) maybe put my mind at ease or offer advice?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to Abu Dhabi / Dubai "pretty much exclusively" to ride Formula Rossa then you're doing it wrong.

Not the question. Thanks though.

I was all prepared to answer your question, but now that I see you're being rude to one of our other members, I won't bother. I hope you get there and the ride is closed.

If you're going to Abu Dhabi / Dubai "pretty much exclusively" to ride Formula Rossa then you're doing it wrong.

Not the question. Thanks though.

I was all prepared to answer your question, but now that I see you're being rude to one of our other members, I won't bother. I hope you get there and the ride is closed.

Robb, now that I have offered a sincere apology to the other user, will you consider answering my question? I'm actually experiencing quite a bit of stress over this. I'm sorry for taking it out on another user.

In 2010 we flew to the UAE a few months after Formula Rossa opened and it was closed the entire week we were in the country. We didn't get on it until our next visit in 2012.

Both Bill & Elissa's comments were actually correct. If you are going to the UAE just to ride Formula Rossa, then you're going for the wrong reasons. Yes the ride is fantastic and the launch is incredible, but the country itself is even better. You need to be prepared to fly out there and not have it open because it has happened to us.

Oh, and you know what? We still had one of the best trips ever, even though we didn't get on Formula Rossa that first time. And we didn't stress over it, and we had fun.

If you cannot do that, and one roller coaster is going to cause you stress to the point of being insulting to other people, I'm not sure I would recommend going.

Also, Ferrari World is very active on Twitter. Have you thought about tweeting at them to ask if there is any schedule maintenance for the ride during your visit?

Haven't done that yet. Seems like a good idea. Thanks for the second chance. To be clear, I meant that the main purpose of my trip was to ride Formula Rossa, but I do have other plans in the UAE. But my main reasons for having such a strong need to ride it are personal and strange and probably require therapy...