TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Japan (FujiQ, Nagashima, USJ) tips

StevenX

I'm heading to Japan with my partner next week for a three week trip. This will be our fourth trip to Japan, but we've always been for short visits of 3 or 4 nights. This time, we're travelling to a whole bunch of cities and seeing more of the country than we have before. During our trip, we're going to FujiQ (Wed 15 Feb), Nagashima Spaland (Mon 20 Feb) and Universal Osaka (Wed 22 Feb from 3pm onwards, then Thu 23 Feb).

I'm hoping everywhere will be reasonably quiet as we've picked weekdays - and we managed to do DisneySea a couple years back on a fairly busy day without having too many issues. We have 1.5-day passes for Universal so should be able to deal with that even if it's a little busier than expected.

Does anyone have any tips on how to tackle any of these three parks? In particular, I'm a little anxious about FujiQ due to the apparently horrendous operations combined with fairly short opening hours (and with Dodonpa being down for now crowds might be heavier elsewhere). Any advice on how to make the most of our days at these parks and fit everything in would be well received!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For Fuji-Q Highland: Hit Takabisha first, then over to Fujiyama and do it. Then all the way to the back for Eejanaika

and ride. Back up to the Mouse and then over to the "Flying Hamster". Then into Thomas Town and ride Rock'n'Roll Duncan.

Now reward yourself with the nice little dark ride in Thomas Town. It has a neat little "turntable" effect in it.

Hope this helps. There is the ticket booth (mid-park), that gets you FastPasses in certain hours. But if it's midweek,

you shouldn't have too much trouble with crowds. Last time I was there was 2013 with TPR. Even without

the FastPasses available (many many thanks to Robb and Elissa for all of that), we did alright in queues.

For Fuji-Q Highland: Hit Takabisha first, then over to Fujiyama and do it.

I actually would not recommend this plan.

Takabisha and Fujiyama are probably the two more reliable rides in the park. When you get to the park, if Eejanika is running GO THERE FIRST. It is the most temperamental ride in the park and will close if someone sneezes on it. Next would be Dodonpa, but it will be close and under re-construction during your visit. That being said, we would LOVE if you could take some pics of what is currently going on with Dodonpa for us to post!

I would also look into their "fast pass" tickets. Well worth getting to avoid the horrible lines this park can get when it is busy.

Have a good trip!

Edited by robbalvey