TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Getting away with a POV...

TwistedTrack

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a major annoyance of mine to be honest. People who feel the need to film their ride on any coaster. There are now so many POV films on Youtube of almost every coaster out there, that you really do not need to do another one.

We were in the line for Oblivion this year and when we finally got to the loading bay we asked the operator why the ride had stopped about 3 or 4 times whilst we were in the queue. The reason was people taking video on their phones etc, every time this happens the operators have to "harness up" and climb up the lift hill and remove the camera from the person responsible, slap them on the wrist, walk all the way down and then continue the ride. This just causes unnecessary waiting time.

Just queue, get on the ride, and enjoy the ride.

Rant over..

• 3 months later...

For some reason, Oblivion gets so many people trying to take videos of. I have heard so many stories of it stoping due to people taking videos! I think it is because it either has more cctv or people think it would be an 'easy' ride to film.

• 1 month later...

Each park handle a different policy, in the most parks I have problems with their policy if I want to take a POV, when I ask the staff about it the answer is always no

At the funfairs I visit, I always get a YES!

I don't know, you can always ask, if you don't ask it's always no

Why would you go and ask a ride op if the park has already stated "no filming." Sounds to me like you're just trying to get away with something you know you're not supposed to by hoping a ride op will not be totally in the know and tell you "yes." That doesn't make you any more in the right.

Well, sometimes they make an exception. I understand that park have these kind of rule.

When everyone bring camera's with them there is a big chance it will go wrong... I think the rule in my area is mostly based from the TÜV inspector, so as that is at the fairs in my area.

When I go to the funfair and ask, even the ruleboard says no, I always get a yes, because the Showmen is forced by TÜV to have that message on it's machine.

Maybe I don't may compare it with funfairs, but it was a theory.

So back to my viewpoint; Maybe they let some people be, because they have more experience with it!

And also... you don't break a rule by asking about it right?

In my opinion your'e only doing it wrong if you break the rule...

Well, sometimes they make an exception. I understand that park have these kind of rule.

When everyone bring camera's with them there is a big chance it will go wrong... I think the rule in my area is mostly based from the TÜV inspector, so as that is at the fairs in my area.

When I go to the funfair and ask, even the ruleboard says no, I always get a yes, because the Showmen is forced by TÜV to have that message on it's machine.

So back to my viewpoint; Maybe they let some people be, because they have more experience with it!

And all you have done is validate Robb's assessment of your thinking.

Edited by larrygator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwDogUsg8s

• 3 weeks later...

Hahaha, funniest thing I have seen today!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a course for rollercoaster POV making?

Do you ever ask an intelligent question??!?!

Sometimes. When all the planets align and the sun sets in the north, one intelligent thing may come out of my mouth. However in answer to your question ... No. Not really, but it is who I am and who I have always been, even though it can annoy people.

• 5 months later...
Is there a course for rollercoaster POV making?

Do you ever ask an intelligent question??!?!

Hello! Sweden calling!

I really appreciate all the work you have done through the years, and the time you've spent building your site, YouTube channel, and the community.

Sir, I hope these questions below are intelligent...

I know very little if you've done any technical "behind the scenes" video? This could include pictures / clips of how the parks allow the video equipment on board, how they are fastened, et.c. I think this will demonstrate how secure the equipment are fastned to the ride, when you take your POV's, and an example what the park demand of you, to get your permissions. It also could get us to understand what cameras that are used, and how you manage to get the videos so stable (or non-shaky, if you will). Is that something that could be done, or are feasible for you? It would be very much appreciated!

BR, Robert