TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Forums

1. Theme Park Review

1. Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and donkeys!

1.1m

Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!

3. Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness

Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc... Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!

Ask us a question about trip planning, coaster videos, rodent encounters or donkeys!

Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! 

• ^ sounds really amazing.  .    wonder if they'll do something about that Cars ride - that's a HUGE amount of space wasted for a mediocre ride. . . turn it into something akin to Radiator Springs Racers, maybe?
    • Disneyland Paris has announced a myriad of changes to the resort as part of a "new era", including a complete rebranding of the Walt Disney Studios Park to Disney Adventure World! https://disneylandparis-news.com/en/disneyland-paris-unveils-a-new-milestone-in-unprecedented-resort-transformation/ After transporting generations of guests into the magic of movie-making, the second park at Disneyland Paris is entering a new era marked by a fresh creative vision, brand-new experiences, an expansion on a never-before-seen scale and the introduction of an all-new visual identity. To celebrate this new chapter, Walt Disney Studios Park will be renamed Disney Adventure World when World of Frozen, a new immersive area dedicated to the wintery world of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen will come to life, bordering a majestic bay. While the ongoing transformation of the park is sure to take the guest experience to a whole new level, the entire resort will continue to elevate its offerings in the coming years. Each anniversary brings its share of surprises, and this year is no different! On April 12, Disneyland Paris lifted the curtain on an ambitious future for the place where dreams come true, during an immersive presentation delivered in front of an audience of nearly 1,000 fans and Cast Members. The resort’s executive and creative teams took the stage to share information about groundbreaking entertainment that will debut in the coming months, the next phase of the ongoing transformation of Disney Hotels, and ongoing reimagining of Disney Village.   The resort has seen an unprecedented number of projects brought to life to reinvigorate the guest experience and make Disneyland Paris a must-visit destination. One of the top priorities of this exceptional transformation plan – which is coming to fruition thanks to a two-billion-euro investment – is a complete makeover of Walt Disney Studios Park while continuing to expand its footprint with new themed areas that will join Marvel Avengers Campus, which welcomed its very first recruits back in 2022, and Worlds of Pixar. At the end of its expansion journey, the soon-to-be-renamed park will have roughly doubled its footprint and become a can’t-miss experience for an all-day getaway! When it opened in 2002, the original idea driving the creation of the second park was to give guests a behind- the-scenes look into the making of movies, animated feature films and television shows. The park concept has since evolved creatively to offer more immersive worlds, and in 2007 it embarked on an exciting expansion journey with the launch of multiple large-scale, immersive projects like The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror, Toy Story Playland and Ratatouille: The Adventure. From the recent opening of Worlds of Pixar and Marvel Avengers Campus to the creation of a Frozen-inspired land, the park continues to welcome beloved franchises, allowing guests to step into their favorite stories in a uniquely Disney way. And the fun is just beginning, as immersive worlds inspired by the most popular Disney movies of all time become the cornerstone of the park’s transformation!  
    • Day 20: Thursday, June 22nd - Power Park Part II   the Pizza Buffet was decorated just as "eclectically" as the rest of the park.   it was over a grill (on the 1st floor) that only seemed to sell cheeseburgers & Pepsi - shades of Classic SNL), but upon going up the stairs, greeted by this funky Roman guard. why?  hell if I know.   sticking with the Owner's plane theme tho. .there are lots of planes in here hanging from the ceiling. how that ties with the Roman guy?  yeah.. again, I dunno. the buffet had a few things more than just pizza (which was so so - tho they again had the pizza with corn on it). the Chicken nuggets and happy face hashbrowns were good, I recall. oh. there was also an Indian. .and a witch mirror (which I liked, especially the bat under it) and can't forget the Conquistador - that was guarding the staircase down to the burgerjoint below.   pleasantly full, we headed out to the section of the park near the front that we hadn't explored yet.   The sky was turning a bit darker, and it was getting a little chillier. . . luckily the hotel was right across the street, so made a quick stop while over here at the gates, to grab a hoodie. the Pizza place is on the 2nd floor of this building. the green tower is the park's Asian themed drop tower. the mentioned "main entrance" for the Hotel guests. . that building back on the left is the giant events center and the Movie theater. they were setting up for a big concert coming the next day. . didn't recognize the band names, but they apparently are popular in Finland.   Time Square is another Kiddie flying carpet type ride.  back behind it you can see a few other kiddie rides.   back there is also the parks smallest coaster, and a shooting dark ride. the cars are a bit "steampunk". . so maybe that's the "Time" in the name of the ride? on the left was a weird little "station" that definitely gave me the impression that at one point it was a loading platform for a small train. the park doesn't have a train, and it's an odd "oversight".. so I've got to wonder if they used to have a trackless train type ride that at one point used this as it's station? no ride here. .but hey, a Rabbit riding a carrot.   sure, why not?   Mine Train is the parks final coaster, it's a Zamperla family coaster, with a fun little layout.   tho they certainly made it less "family" and more "kiddie" with the train design which had VERY tight seats - especially after gorging on pizza buffet. but we squeezed our butts in! Next door was a car ride which was part Jurassic Park, part Antique Taxi, and part " we got this ride via multiple Garage Sales" here's Kristen and Brayden, looking excited to ride!   ooo.. nice theming. . very Blair Witch. rather than squeeze into the front seat, we chose to ride front and back. look how excited we are!   (and got yelled at by the operator for having my phone out.   I was confused. this is a slow moving car ride that you aren't steering, but was told that I MUST put my phone away - and note, several extreme rides I had been on today, was told it was ok to have phone out for pics - so I went ahead and put my phone away and we "enjoyed" the ride.   but it was weird, that THIS is the ride they won't let you take pics on.    you can take pics OF it. . . so they aren't concerned about the content of the ride, or the design.  it was just weird. hmm. . the drop tower hadn't gone in a while.. was it down?  answer was yes, it was down. . but the same maintenance guy was there working on it, and he did get it back up.  so Kudos to this amazing Mr. Fixit, who was able to get every down ride back up and running.    we went on it a little while later. Kiddie Ferris Wheel, and behind it looks like a Himalaya, that I don't even remember seeing, so I didn't ride it!   whoops. walking around the Dino Safari ride, to go to the park's dark ride. . here's a pic of the kind of Dinos you'll see on the safari. yup. . a plastic Zebra.   this area suddenly got very well themed, to kind of a western Boom Town.    Really well done. don't recall if the Steakhouse was open, but as we had recently eaten, didn't check anyways. here's the Dark Ride. . the Devil's Mine hotel (I think it's called that?) this one had working animatronics, even on the outside.   with the cowboy up top talking to people in the queue, and various characters emitting "bodily noises" and it's a SHOOTING dark ride.  I hoped it was good. and it was. . it was VERY good, I recall.   I rode this thing at least 4-5 times. speaking of motion activated animatronics in this area: (yes, he yells at you for watching him while he's pooping. . .complete with fart sounds). As the sky threatened to open up, I headed back over towards Pitts Special to get a ride on it, just in case the Evening ERT had to be cancelled. passing back thru the "main street area" I again was impressed with the facades here.   a photo-op to sit on a Cowboy's knee? why sure!   I rode Pitts Special - I didn't care for it (not a fan of vertical lifts. . but this one doesn't even have inversions, so it seemed "not worth it".   the fact I didn't get any pics of it when I went over to ride it?  kinda says it all. heading back up to the rides in the front I hadnt' gotten on yet, I eyed this as I passed it.   I was GONNA ride it, just had to get my nerve up. you can really see how threatening the sky was looking in this picture tho. an adorable kiddie flume, that really wasn't operating today as there just weren't a lot of tiny kids in the park. but look how cute! I will say that Pitts Special LOOKS pretty neat. .that ampersand feature. . .I mean, it looks like it SHOULD have inversions. taking a spin on Typhoon - going thru the house really adds so much to this ride - as does going completely upside-down.   oh. .I actually DO have some pics from when I went over to ride Pitts Special. . just had them filed wrong. here ya go, a few pics of the Gerstlauer coaster with the Vertical Lift and looking the other direction, this is Junker. . with the loops.   I AM "Kapteeni Koukku" I think this is a stage for a show, that they probably run on busy weekend days.  from the backdrop, guessing it's a comedy pirate show. I've grown to appreciate these rides. . they are way more fun than they look, even tho really you're just going in a circle and controlling the "swing out" the Enterprise ran the whole rest of the day once it got fixed, but I can't recall if I went and got another ride on it. at first couldn't remember why i took this pic, then realized it was to catch the collapsing balcony on the tower there on the 2nd floor.  I'm not sure WHY it does that, but it was pretty cool to watch steeling up my courage, headed towards the big ride I was gonna force myself to ride.  *and I think this is when I grabbed my Mr. Slushie. taken from in line for this thing. I DID ride it, and we didn't' flip much. . so it really wasn't near as terrifying as I was afraid it was gonna be.   in fact, this was running a crazier cycle than the one I was worried was gonna flip. luckily it stopped before I got too sick to my stomach.  LOVE the angry fish faces on the cars tho   a few more pics of Thunderbird, while over here. . . and then a treat for me.   it was time to ride the Carousel! and Mike and Jon rode with me too. .so wasn't the only on riding.   yup. . my happy place. while we were on the carousel, the drop tower started working again, so we went right next door to ride it. as with the starflyer, there are two separate lines:  one for thrilling drop, and one side where it cycles as an observation tower. we chose fast, of course pretty neat that the top of the loading station is clear, so you can look up and see the prior riders. and the queue line has windows too. . so was able to get this shot of Collin, Barry, and Andy as they also had come right over when it started running again. after that ride, it was back to the dark ride (again) with yet another shot of the Dino Safari... that seems to have no dinosaurs, just zebras and military trucks. oh, I found this other carousel too this park lets you bring your doggie if you want to, and you can put them in the stocks while you enjoy the park. so of course I had to! I saved one of the best for last. . . I sat and watched this for a while, tho didn't ride it. it's the gayest, straight ride I've ever seen. you climb on top of the "bull" and wrap your arms and legs tightly around the "bull weiner". . and then it bucks like crazy to try and throw you off, while LOUD music blasts from those speakers. no. . really. I was worried about breaking my neck - even with all that padding underneath it.. so I just enjoyed watching. it has different settings too. and the operator controlled how extreme it was gonna be. i tell you. . just TONS of enjoyment watching this crap. . LOL it was time for our evening ERT over on Pitts Special, so we headed that way. now, I might be mis-remembering this, as it's been 10 months, but I *believe* Robb asked us if we wanted to do ERT on Pitts Special, or just do Junker again, and it was unanimously decided that Junker was the better coaster, so did that instead. while waiting for them to clear the short queueline, snapped some pics of the back end of Junker. (while getting eaten to death by mosquitos who came out in forces as it got overcast) some wonderful woodcarvings on the sides of the buildings back behind Junker. including the hawk (Eagle?) with it's catch the garages where the owner of the park keeps some of his classic cars (per the operator I was chatting with)   whee!!! and now back on for more ERT.. this seems to be my pic, since I'm not on this train. . but I think the rest of them are from Elissa  (and yes, I was so glad I had grabbed my hoodie) the Ride building, with a weird restroom/storage area for park food carts beneath it. and then a pleasant surprise.  .  . more ERT.  on Thunderbird. I really liked the coaster, so was a happy "yes" for this too.   i think I rode every cycle on this ERT, so these pics must be courtesy of Elissa (I see Robb, Andy, and Brad on the train) rider cam. . WHOOOOOOO!!!! just look at that smile on me. . such a good coaster. even if it DID 'put put put' thru the brake run every time, sloooooowly inching into the station.   Steve looks thrilled. . HA! and then it was over, and time to go back to the hotel. Robb sent to the group chat a couple of spectacular pics he got from the top of Dragon Tower - when it was in "observation mode" look how amazing the setting for this place is! Pitts Special from the Dragon Tower, thanks to Robb. and back to the hotel to refresh for dinner. this was the welcome mat at the hotel: and before dinner, wandered a bit to snap pics of the oddball theming. the 2nd floor over the dining room - called the Lido Deck - looked like it was a bar area for use when they were really crowded. but there were planes hanging in the hotel too.. so not JUST boat themed.   Eclectic! taken thru a closed glass door. . hence the reflection. very Nautical. . . the lobby on our side of the hotel, and Main Deck is the dining room. I believe the appetizer and Desert were the same as the prior night and that's why have no pics. but I do have a pic of my main course this evening. . . and I'm STILL confused by "why a cup of ketchup with my fish?" and the watermelon seems a bit out of place as well. one last look out the window towards Power Park. . and with that, I went to the room, packed stuff up, and was ready to head out in the morning. had been such a fun day, and I really enjoyed the wackiness of this place. tomorrow. . onwards to Sarkamniemi
    • So sorry about this, Bert. I have no idea how it multiplied my posting. Grrr.

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/